Sylette

Male to Female Ratios

Whoa. Once my two hatchies grow up, I'll have the same number of male and female adult dragons. My scroll suddenly righted itself on its own. Cool.

My scroll is becoming more and more of a sausagefest. xd.png Especially vampires, for some reason, all but one has been male. I'm also working on an even-gen lineage with albinos and hellfires, since I like the possibility of the three colors in a lineage with just two types of dragons, but... nearly all the albinos have been male, and most hellfires female!

While being still pretty new here I have just only one male so far, so am definitely quite female heavy. My last two hatchlings became females as well, so will be a while before I can breed my own, lol.

I pretty sure that, for the most part, dragons are supposed to be 50/50 Male/Female. But does anyone have a noticeably higher number of one gender than of the other?

Admitted, I'm pretty new, so I only have 7 gendered dragons-- 6 of which are male.

I understand how probability works, and that 6 males and 1 female are just as likely as 4 females and 3 males, but does anyone else out there have a noticeably higher number of one gender?

(doesn't count if you breed chickens or something else gender specific tongue.gif)

I have noticed for a couple of months now I'm getting more males than females. Even using a pink to influence hasn't helped.

It's pretty bad when you want to breed like dragons.

I currently have 506 adult males and 500 adult females - until recently, my females had out numbered the males.

My dragons are mostly male, but one thing that's pretty weird, is that mostly the eggs i care about the most gender female, but the eggs i could live without gender male. There not all like that, though. Some eggs i really do care about a lot gender male. alot.pngalot.png

Male/Female Ratio 0.68292682926829 (1.0 is ideal)

Adult Males 28 (37.333333333333% of total)

Adult Females 40 (53.333333333333% of total)

FAIL ME.......

Most of my whites are male, and I'm having a male spurt at the moment, but overall, most of my dragons are girls, and that means there are loads of single ladies at the bottom of my scroll without loves. (I pair them all up. tongue.gif )

got about 20 more males than females....hm, now that I'm aware of it, I gotta fix that :')

Psh... my scroll is over ran by females dry.gif , its kinda starting to even out but i need more male pinks

With the dragons I have'nt influenced (although atm I can only influence male anyways...) it seems to be that the CB or low gen eggs tend to be female, and the longer-lineaged ones tend to be male. Just noticed that... and it's a bit odd. O.o

Total number of dragons 279

Eggs 4

Hatchlings 3

Frozen Items 15

Adults 257

Males 136

Females 136

Ungendered 3

Adult Males 126

Adult Females 130

Adult Ungendered 1

I've always been sorta female heavy, but it's evened out with my return as many of my hatchies gendered male.

Most of my dragons were female, then suddenly an entire batch of eggs turned into males. It was very fortunate.

Edited by grrrowl

I like that Egg Drop Soup sorts my stats for me so I don't actually have to go through and count my dragons. Everything seems pretty even right now, though EVERY red that I've raised has come out male. Need to work on that.

Edit: Actually looked at the stat page. I have a 1.1 ratio of male to female, with about 10 more males than females and 27 undecideds. I love technology.

Edited by Eluin Gentry

Well, as for the new release, so far I have 3 adult male embers, 2 adult male harvests, 1 female ember hatchling, and the rest are eggs and an ember hatchling that hasn't gendered yet! I'm hoping for some girls! smile.gif I don't have the pinks I need to infuence, so I have to take what I can get, which is fine by me. I just keep catching until I have a couple of pairs!

EDS says that 50.769230769231% ( cool.gif ) of my dragons are male.

I have 33 males, 28 females... And my pink is female. Luckily. Without her, the males would have even more of a lead right now. dry.gif

So, yeah. I seem to attract more males at the moment.

I think I might have more males then females. But recently my females have been increasing.