Sylette

Male to Female Ratios

Actually, I seem to be split right down the middle; at the moment, I have 179 males, 181 females. Keep in mind, though, that an indeterminate number of either gender have been Influenced.

I have 81 male adults, and 81 female adults. :'D I didn't know it was completely even. Thank you, EDS and influence BSA.

I've always had more females than males. Its getting better though since we can now influence them. My bright pinks do throw off the ratio a bit.

I tend to have more males then females but right now I'm pretty close to even. 127 males 125 females.

Well, the last time I checked I had a lot more females than males. Now, however, I have more male dragons than female dragons.

Haha, I blame my pygmy dragons xd.png. Thirteen of them gendered male while only five of them are female.

I'm at 180: 225

225 is female.

I apparantly have "4 unnamed"...well, 3 are hatchlings, where's 4?

*Edit* found him

Edited by skyie

I'm at 180: 225

225 is female.

I apparantly have "4 unnamed"...well, 3 are hatchlings, where's 4?

LULZ. Your frozen electric hatchie isn't named.

Lately I've ended up with more females. Been trying to get more pinks influenced so I can influence even more (to be males).

Also I got two eggs that turned out to be females when there were both influenced to be males (one being a short lineage spring, darn it! it was supposed to be a short lineage MALE).

I have been getting more females lately whenever I don't influence an egg. My ratios are still pretty even because I tend to use Influence whenever I want a specific gender.

I seem to have lots of males currently, but a while ago I had lots of females. It's only until you have loads of dragons that the genders even out.

-Phovos

I tend to have more males than females. I have pinks, but sometimes I like the dragon to just "be what it wants to be" (sorry for the corniness). Unless its a dragon that I'm sick of having males for, I won't influence new eggs unless they are new eggs. Then I'll make it so one is male and one is female.

I have an Adult Male/Female ratio of exactly .75 and I have mostly females. I don't know why. I usually only influence to create a male/female pair. :/

I think it gets closer to even as you go. My ratio leaned way more towards female when I started out. Now its almost even with 144 males and 165 females (counting frozen hatchlings though). Not perfect, but it's not going to be.

Edited by beachbeagle

When I first started, I had more females, but now I have more males. (162 males, 138 females). My overall ratio is about 1.17 I think.

I have more males than females, and that's WITH influencing whenever I can. >:U durrrrr. But my best friend had ALL females for the first few weeks she was on dragon cave. Then by a fluke her pink gendered male. xd.png

It truly is random. laugh.gif

I ALWAYS get males. sad.gif

I have four hatchlings on my scroll right now and ALL of them gendered male. I only influenced one of them to be male, because I already had a female of that breed.

In my Faerie Lineage, there hasn't been a female born into the bloodline since the 2nd generation. I'm on the 6th generation now. I never influence the dragons born into the lineage, only the mates I pick up for them.

In fact, it's extremely rare that I get a female naturally. If I don't influence an egg to be female, then 98% chance it's going to be a boy.

I really, really hate it.

Well after counting i found that i had 53 females, 6 ungendered, and 55 or 54 male, so i think the ratios are fairly even for male to female, and as far as metallics, i only have two that are both male, but i just bred my gold today and got a gold egg, so im guessing that one will be female

My scroll was so female heavy that I had to resort to being gifted a male pink hatchling. Every pink dragon I hatched ended up female. I actually think I need to get some more pinks...3 males isn't cutting it lately, especially since most of my dragons want to gender female. Strangely enough though, after getting some males on my scroll, my dragons started to gender male on their own. Before, I pretty much had nothing but females...

The gender seems to vary by species...some dragons are good and have a nice balance to the genders, such as blacks, others I had to force to be male (like the pinks). And then I have my nutcase stripes that for some reason wouldn't gender female. I was so used to getting females all the time that i never bothered to influence one

actually..even without influence, gender is quite easy to manipulate. Most often than not, if 1 of your dragon gendered female, any other dragons that gender within 1-2hours will be most likely to be female as well.

On the other hand, if male-female are really decided by random by the site. Even at 70% rate for one particular gender. How could you explain 4 hatchling, gendering at almost the same time(few minutes apart)= only 1 type of gender?

Feel free to test this teoryXD

actually..even without influence, gender is quite easy to manipulate. Most often than not, if 1 of your dragon gendered female, any other dragons that gender within 1-2hours will be most likely to be female as well.

On the other hand, if male-female are really decided by random by the site. Even at 70% rate for one particular gender. How could you explain 4 hatchling, gendering at almost the same time(few minutes apart)= only 1 type of gender?

Feel free to test this teoryXD

I think I will be testing this. I don't have any influences left, yet I'd like to use two more. I'll have one by tomorrow and two eggs due to hatch within 2 hours apart. I'll let everyone know of the results.

I do like to put an egg between two influenced eggs in hopes that it will "catch" the gender of the other two...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I started out female-heavy, but a lot (two words, not one) of my hatchies have been gendering male recently smile.gif

I've got 14 males to 7 females right now. D:

It's interesting to read the theory about them gendering the same way at the same time, because I just noticed that while I was gone today 3/4 hatchlings gendered and those three all gendered male. :0