Sylette

Male to Female Ratios

I pretty sure that, for the most part, dragons are supposed to be 50/50 Male/Female. But does anyone have a noticeably higher number of one gender than of the other?

Admitted, I'm pretty new, so I only have 7 gendered dragons-- 6 of which are male.

I understand how probability works, and that 6 males and 1 female are just as likely as 4 females and 3 males, but does anyone else out there have a noticeably higher number of one gender?

(doesn't count if you breed chickens or something else gender specific tongue.gif)

It seems for me that I clearly always have more female than male.

Within all the golds I have, all are female. ^^

4/5 Silvers I have are Female

The Glory dragons I had, all three I caught hatched female

Yet, our of all the Stripes I have most are male, and same with the White dragons I have...

I tend to have more females than males. Influence has helped even them out a bit.

When you start off you might have a lot more of one gender that you have of another. Technically, once you get more and more dragons, the number of dragons for each gender should even out.

For me, I have around the same number of males as females, because I try for one male and one female adult and one male and one female frozen hatchling of each breed. If I have mutliples of each gender for each species, I usually put it in the wilderness.

When I first started, I had a large number of males and very few females. Now it's flipped. The ratio seems to be evening itself out, since most of my hatchlings have been gendering male.

I've always had more females than males. Currently EDS says my adult ratio is 0.94581280788177, with eleven more adult females than adult males. I've gotten closer to even in the past.

Those people who collect a lot of chicked *coughLBDcough* tongue.gif tend to have a huge imbalance in females laugh.gif

I usually swing back and forth. I was as bad as 30 more females than males for a while. Then I got back to 1/1. I don't know what I'm at right now.

When I first joined this site, most of my dragons gendered male.

And now, for whatever reason, they're all gendering female. dry.gif Especially all the new dragons I get that come out. In the August '09 release, all 5 of my dragons ended up female. It's been like that for a while.

At least until Mod Mayhem, when only my Nebula gendered male. :B It's a start...

I bet if I hadn't influenced my Terrae male, I bet it'd have gendered female too; both my dusk and dawn glories gendered female. :B

I've been using influences a lot whenever I care, so that forces it to be close. But that's only been a few months, and my ratio is very close to 50/50. There have been times when it is exactly 50/50. I've never had too many problems with genders. When you have lots of dragons, it's very even.

Edit: It's 302 male to 301 female now. xd.png Yeah..

Edited by futurevampire

/shrugs

Truly random sequences show lots of patterns :'P I tend to get a batch of males, then females, and so on too.

Over time, it's about evened out: of 900 dragons, I have 1.04 or so as a ratio of F/M, which isn't bad considering I use a lot more female influence.

Mine are pretty even, but every time I want to breed one of my dragons with the other they all seem to be male tongue.gif

I have a few more females than males, I'm not too sure why I don't especially influence or collect female gender specifics. I guess it's just luck, for instance I only recently got a red male after getting 5 red females in a row xd.png

I know I should get more pinks to level it out but there's always other things that get in the way (ie. new eggs)

At this point, I have 40 males and 33 females (including frozen hatchlings) plus two ungendered hatchlings.

When I started off I definitely had more females than males. With the introduction of the Influence ability in the Pinks it evened out somewhat. I actually got to the point last week where I have the exact same number of males and females. I go through phases though, sometimes despite my influences everything genders female and sometimes it's the other way around. It's not always feast or famine though. It seems to work itself out after awhile.

Edited by ThatDeadGirl

I have practically all females! sad.gif

So hard to breed them when there's no males even available >.<

My first 8 dragons were, I believe, 6 males and 2 females. I've been having problems with having a male-heavy scroll ever since, but it's not as bad now that I have lots, particularly since Influence came out. Of course, it took me a while for one of my pink eggs to randomly gender female, and every pink female I've gotten since has been influenced, so as to use them to keep my scroll close to even. As you can see, though, my scroll is still male-heavy, despite having 2 chickens.

Mine tend to gender male, my boyfriend's tend to gender female.

My ratio is 1.0652173913043, but I gender as needed. smile.gif

Edited by RukatheBlackfish

I only have 10 more males than females at the moment. I don't have that much of a problem because mine seem to gender evenly(unless its one of the pink eggs from my pair. 3 influence fails so far)

I am definitely female heavy, but recently the males have been working their way up in my scroll's gender ratio ... wink.gif

I seem to always have more males. Influence has kinda helped, but I got four male pinks before I managed to get a girl D: At current I have 17 more males.