TJ09

06/02/10 - State of the Cave

I don't know if this is related to recent changes, but I'm having some weirdness on my scroll:

Nothing seems to be gendering. I have a hatchling that is 3 hours from adult that has not gendered with:

Overall Views: 3369

Unique Views: 296

Clicks: 5

Hatchling will die if it doesn't grow up in: 4 days and 2 hours

it's a dusk, not a summon.

Also, spamming views to try to get it and others to gender, and nothing is getting sick/soft shell.

These stats:

Overall Views: 1464

Unique Views: 231

Clicks: 3

Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 6 days and 2 hours

on a new egg (not given more time via AP) usually gives soft shell warning.

My hatchlings too are taking their sweet time to gender:

1,128--- 518--- 7--- 3 days and 16 hours Terrae

1,040--- 494--- 5--- 3 days and 21 hours Day G

1,033 --- 453--- 8--- 3 days and 23 hours Day G

1,016--- 436--- 5--- 4 days and 4 hours Night G

1,007--- 459--- 4--- 4 days and 14 hours Terrae

The first 3 should have gendered by now and maybe the 4th one too. Instead...nothing.

Edited by lincoln6echo

I've got a Day Glory hatchling at 5 d 2 h with these stats:

Overall Views: 1768

Unique Views: 746

Clicks: 12

It has not yet gendered. I haven't kept track in the past of just when my hatchlings tend to gender though, so I don't know if that is unusual?

I'm a littel puzzeld at the moment. Got an egg from the cave. But the descriptive text don't match the picture. It says "This egg seems to be floating on a puddle." but the picture shows one of the water walking eggs.

Now wich is it?

Oh.... yes I see. Wishfull thinging on my part. Text and picture match perfektly only I was wrong

Edited by ulki

My hatchlings too are taking their sweet time to gender:

1,128---          518---      7---  3 days and 16 hours  Terrae

1,040---          494---      5---  3 days and 21 hours  Day G

1,033 ---        453---      8---  3 days and 23 hours  Day G

1,016---          436---      5---  4 days and 4 hours    Night G

1,007---          459---      4---  4 days and 14 hours  Terrae

The first 3 should have gendered by now and maybe the 4th one too.  Instead...nothing.

You can ER the first 3, if they're not mature yet.

I've also heard that Terraes take a little more stats to mature.

Edit: @ulki: That's the Waterwalker's egg description. If you were going for a water, that description would be 'This egg is sitting in a shallow puddle.'

Edited by Mustangs44

I'm a littel puzzeld at the moment. Got an egg from the cave. But the descriptive text don't match the picture. It says "This egg seems to be floating on a puddle." but the picture shows one of the water walking eggs.

Now wich is it?

That's the proper description for a water walker.

Now wich is it?

I've noticed a LOT of those eggs in the cave, and I clicked on one a while back too. It's the water walker. One would hope that the other water dragon that is used for breeding the new shallow water dragon would be more available, but I've yet to see even ONE of those drop in the cave in the last several days.

I've noticed a LOT of those eggs in the cave, and I clicked on one a while back too. It's the water walker. One would hope that the other water dragon that is used for breeding the new shallow water dragon would be more available, but I've yet to see even ONE of those drop in the cave in the last several days.

well the original water dragon doesn't drop much any more hasn't for a whhile now

I don't know if this is related to recent changes, but I'm having some weirdness on my scroll:

Nothing seems to be gendering. I have a hatchling that is 3 hours from adult that has not gendered with:

Overall Views: 3369

Unique Views: 296

Clicks: 5

Hatchling will die if it doesn't grow up in: 4 days and 2 hours

it's a dusk, not a summon.

Also, spamming views to try to get it and others to gender, and nothing is getting sick/soft shell.

These stats:

Overall Views: 1464

Unique Views: 231

Clicks: 3

Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 6 days and 2 hours

on a new egg (not given more time via AP) usually gives soft shell warning.

well now I know it's not just me. blink.gif

Hatchies usually gender at 1500+ views.

I've several adults that have less than 1500 views, including two with less than 1100. I have frozen gendered hatchlings with less than 1000 views, so it's not a matter of views.

I think there is something weird going on, and it seems I'm not the only one who has noticed this,

Edited by lincoln6echo

Another report on egg hatch times /hatchling genders.

I had to hurry last night and drop an egg into three ERs to get it to hatch. It was down to 23 hours. It finally hatched at 1,045 views and 267 uv. It was a shield/guardian dragon. That's becoming a common thing for me. I had a thunder that didn't gender until 2,854V / 907UV, then I fogged it, because I didn't want to risk killing it. It finally did grow up exactly 3 d 23 hours. But it literally only gendered four hours before that, it spent the rest of the time fogged.

I finally had two other hatchlings gender (all around the 5 day 9 hour mark) this morning. They aren't "new" eggs either: the Daydream at 2,924V / 1,031UV ; Pink at 2,890V / 1,026UV; the last, is a "new" sunsong that hasn't gendered yet at 5 d / 22 h (might still be too young) with 2,933V / 1,042UV stats. They aren't getting sick either, their hatching V/UV were only about a few hundred views off of their current stats.

At the moment I have an albino & ice egg at 371V / 133UV & 549V / 167UV with four hours to go before they hit day 3 and there isn't a single crack yet, it's getting a bit hard to find hatcheries that can provide the needed UV traffic, all of my eggs/hatchlings are in 4 hatcheries and a forum sig for those stats, and they're only inching along.

Considering that three (or was it four?) weeks ago I had a bluna hatchling that died at 3,048 views / 1,054UV (guestimate), I would like to know if the required views have shifted up for all of them so I can stop futzing quite so much.

I don't seem to be having any issues with genders appearing.

White Striped has already gendered, with:

5 days and 4 hours left.

Overall Views: 3953

Unique Views: 1344

Clicks: 9

Hellfire has already gendered, with:

5 days and 4 hours left.

Overall Views: 3934

Unique Views: 1372

Clicks: 8

Lava has already gendered, with:

5 days and 4 hours left.

Overall Views: 3927

Unique Views: 1357

Clicks: 13

(Although I wish I was lucky enough to get a Silver. I've been wanting a Male Silver since I got to DragCave.)

I haven't noticed anything different about gendering/hatching at all. My eggs and hatchlings all mature at 4 days using only two hatcheries with less than 1,000 UVs by the time they're adults.

^Mine gendered even faster, a few hours ago, when they had somewhere around 5D 18H left. So I guess I'm not having those issues either.

I do. My hatchlings gendered yesterday and have 2 days and 3 hours left the other one has 2 19 hours left and gendered today.

I do. My hatchlings gendered yesterday and have 2 days and 3 hours left the other one has 2 19 hours left and gendered today.

If they're not mature by then, they just don't have enough stats.

I haven't had any problems with mine.

I have a suspicion that AP eggs are getting deleted... I stalk it and the numbers like roller-coastering.

Perhaps that's just me. ohmy.gif

I don't seem to be having any issues with genders appearing.

White Striped has already gendered, with:

5 days and 4 hours left.

Overall Views: 3953

Unique Views: 1344

Hellfire has already gendered, with:

5 days and 4 hours left.

Overall Views: 3934

Unique Views: 1372

Clicks: 8

Lava has already gendered, with:

5 days and 4 hours left.

Overall Views: 3927

Unique Views: 1357

Clicks: 13

(Although I wish I was lucky enough to get a Silver. I've been wanting a Male Silver since I got to DragCave.)

My hatchling Genered with 5 days and 21 hours

Overall Views: 5091

Unique Views: 878

It is an night Glory

It also has something to do with the Dragon Type.

my guardian of nature has 4d and 16h left

Overall Views: 4075

Unique Views: 1100

Clicks: 23

and still hasn't gendered :<

such a stubborn hatchling!

Edited by blackpeachgirl

my guardian of nature has 4d and 16h left

Overall Views: 4075

Unique Views: 1100

Clicks: 23

and still hasn't gendered :<

such a stubborn hatchling!

GoN's need a ton more views than normal hatchlings.

So far, so good... for all my hatchies and eggs.

Wish I can see stripes, black, gold and silver in the cave.

Question. Is anyone else not having their scrolls load all the way? I've given my browser a hard refresh, and cleared history and the cache. Javascript and image loading are also turned on. Yet my scroll still looks like this:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1302/468367...b5346975b_b.jpg

My scroll is taking a little longer to load, but it looks nothing like yours. I'm using Firefox if it matters.