Dc Records

The Book of Dc Records

Category: Breeder

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Cheese dragons

Name of Submittant (forum name): Kanaye

Scroll Name (link): Kanaye

Proof for Record: Scroll

What has changed?: I now have 175 Cheesies instead of 168.

Edited by Kanaye

Category:BREEDERS

Title of Record:Breeder with the most Halloween 2008 (Vampire) dragons - 1,839

Name of Submittant (forum name):jis99

Scroll Name (link):jis99

Proof for Record:scroll, sorted by breed, 200 dragons per page

8/14 Edit - updated the dragon count

Edited by jis99

Category:

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Water Walker Dragons

Name of Submittant (forum name): Starbit-Plushie

Scroll Name (link):Starbit-Plushie

Proof for Record: My scroll above.

What has changed?: I now have 431 adult WWs up from 342

Category:

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Water Walker Dragons

Proof for Record: My scroll above.

What has changed?: I now have 440 adult WWs.

Category:

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Falconiform Wyverns

Proof for Record: My scroll above. I believe I have 45 adult Falconiform Wyverns.

Someone probably has more, but I'll chuck it in.

Category: Breeders

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Sunsong Amphipteres

Name of Submittant (forum name): Angelicdragonpuppy

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/angelicdragonpuppy

Proof for Record: I have 129 Sunsong dragons; ten of them are still growing at the time of this post, four are in the first section of my scroll, two are near the very end, and the rest are in one big group near my purple dragons. smile.gif

Category: Lineages

Title of Record: Longest Purebred Even Gen Sunsong Amphiptere Lineage

Name of Submittant (forum name): Angelicdragonpuppy

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/angelicdragonpuppy

Proof for Record: I am the breeder of this dragon, which claims the title: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Sk1n3 if I need to actually own said dragon, I'll keep the pair's next offspring and resubmit.

If this thread has gone inactive (last post was months ago), can it be remade with new staff? ;w;

Category: BREEDERS - BREEDS

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Howler Drakes

Name of Submittant (forum name): thenameisplissken

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/thenameisplissken

Proof for Record: Scroll starting on page 8 when set to 500 per page.

Reason for submitting new Record: No record exists. Currently have 116 adult howlers.

If this thread has gone inactive (last post was months ago), can it be remade with new staff? ;w;

I have been debating closing this thread again. I think that the main problem is that they've asked for more and help but never get a lot of volunteers, so with so few mods it's easy for them to all go inactive.

I have been debating closing this thread again. I think that the main problem is that they've asked for more and help but never get a lot of volunteers, so with so few mods it's easy for them to all go inactive.

It seems to be a huge task to run this thread with all this counting dragons and generations. sad.gif I remember a guy who made a script that counted breeds but that was long time ago and I don't think he's around anymore. This thread needs an easier way of checking numbers, me think. unsure.gif

Edit: grammar...

Edited by CatCreature

Out of curiosity, if we can't find staff for this thread, what makes you think you'll find staff for the new thread?

It seems there are a lot of people annoyed about inactive mods (which I can understand) but hardly anyone volunteering to become one, and those that do disappear after a fortnight. This is not directly at you personally but a comment in general: stop complaining and start modding.

I will not be active as a mod until September, and unless someone else steps forward and sends in an application, I don't think anyone will.

Edited by Mirhana

I will not be active as a mod until September, and unless someone else steps forward and sends in an application, I don't think anyone will.

I will leave it up to you/any other thread mods around: would it help to close the thread until you can be active/have caught up or would you prefer the thread be left open the whole time? :3

I've looked up the login details for the thread account and found an application sent a month ago. Seems I was much too hasty in my previous response, my apologies!

To the point: hopefully we'll have a new mod joining. (I wouldn't mind more new mods though!) Also, we could just update from say June or July onwards. Probably horribly confusing for people who have submitted records and don't know whether to resubmit or not, but best for the mods. The sheer numbers of records that need to be checked is daunting to say the least, and if there are no mods with enough time to go through that backlog it might be better to just leave it and check only new records. Better than finding a record you've just checked has already been beaten twice in the meantime.

Edited by Mirhana

I think it could be clearer that mods are needed. Just a quick glance through the first few posts and I saw NOTHING about new mods being needed.

As the thread hasn't been updated in some time, and isn't likely to be done soon, I think changing the subtitle would help people know that mods are needed.

Edited by Nectaris

I was looking at what you wanted in mods, and didn't want to apply because I've not been an active participant in the thread previously (being new to the forums). Should those of us who are interested in helping the thread (I like the concept) sit on the sidelines until you guys get it rolling again, or is there anything we can do to help?

Also, we could just update from say June or July onwards. Probably horribly confusing for people who have submitted records and don't know whether to resubmit or not, but best for the mods. The sheer numbers of records that need to be checked is daunting to say the least, and if there are no mods with enough time to go through that backlog it might be better to just leave it and check only new records. Better than finding a record you've just checked has already been beaten twice in the meantime.

I think it's fair to just update new stuff. Because I know I don't have the time to help mod this thread but even I feel like I'm drowning in how much time all these updates and counting would take!

.. .I feel like I'm drowning in how much time all these updates and counting would take!

I feel you laugh.gif I counted a lot of dragons and bred long lineages. Therefore, I've learned it costs a plenty of time to check this records.

I’m no mod., but if I can, I would enjoy helping you to check off all. I thougth here are enough helping users and can't find another/ the right theme.

So, if it's needed, you can count on me! wink.gif

*sorry* I know it's not the right pace for a discussion here.

Just to slip in a word: I really like this theme and would miss it, if it's getting closed or slide into obscurity.

hmm.. by the way, take a look at this, if you like to:

Category: LINEAGES - LONGEST PUREBRED EVEN GEN

Title of Record: The Legendary Trio - Magma Lineage

Name of Submittant (forum name): MyMelody

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/MelodyMystik

Proof for Record: My 4th generation Magma

Reason for submitting new Record: I can't believe, it's not listed yet.

You may leave it, if this theme is closed or uncared, for a while.

edit: I've founded a remark about the mods, in this theme. Hope we find a way to carry on. unsure.gif

Edited by MyMelody

Category: LINEAGES - LONGEST PUREBRED

Category: LINEAGES - LONGEST PUREBRED EVEN-GEN

Title of Record: The Canopy Lineage

Name of Submittant (forum name): The_Imago

Scroll Name (link): Waldmensch

Proof for Record: 6th gen PB EG Canopy

I think it's fair to just update new stuff. Because I know I don't have the time to help mod this thread but even I feel like I'm drowning in how much time all these updates and counting would take!

How about remove all posts before X date, clean thread and then anyone who needs to resubmit resubmits. because mind bogglingly huge thread.

Out of curiosity, if we can't find staff for this thread, what makes you think you'll find staff for the new thread?

I thought all the mods of this thread had gone inactive--and, of course, without the password to this account, the only way to add new mods would be to make a new tread. Of course, it seems I was wrong! smile.gif

I agree with wiping to the last updated part and just asking that all records after that be submitted again (maybe give people a head's up so they can try to remember what they want to submit).

I also think there should be some sort of rule about only updating records when a significant change has happened, especially for the "Breeder with the most ____ Dragons" records. Sometimes I see people updating with only about a dozen or more dragons than they had before, which takes a long time to count and really isn't needed. Either save it for when someone trumps the original record or when a significant number is reached, IMO.

Glad to see some new mod volunteers stepping up! Best wishes to all of you.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Category: Scroll records

Title of Record: Scroll with the most codes that spell out words (5 letter words)

Name of Submittant (forum name): MessengerDragon

Scroll Name (link): MessengerDragon

Proof for Record: Wh00f

(I know, it's only one, but so far nobody holds that record)

I also think there should be some sort of rule about only updating records when a significant change has happened, especially for the "Breeder with the most ____ Dragons" records. Sometimes I see people updating with only about a dozen or more dragons than they had before, which takes a long time to count and really isn't needed. Either save it for when someone trumps the original record or when a significant number is reached, IMO.

I'll admit I'm guilty of this. xd.png I do that because I try to keep my record up, but having been a mod in other threads I can see how that would be a time drain for the mods. This thread has a lot of updates already without "I've added twenty more dragons to my number" posts. I'm not singling anyone out with that comment except myself.

I think saving updates for when someone trumps the record is a good idea, or what about only updating if you add a hundred dragons or more?

i think this thread suffers mostly from a lack of focus. by trying to do ALL records there are, it just gets bigger and bigger every month. people invent new records, new breeds are released - this is just asking for trouble.

Same applies for the multiple categories you can often enter exactly the same dragon in.

If this thread is ever remade, i hope for multiple threads with well-defined rules and a closed set of records each.

~Removed~

Please do not yell at other users. There's no reason that much text needs to be in all caps.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Category: Breeders

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Daydreams

Name of Submittant (forum name): MisunderstoodDreamer

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/MisunderstoodDreamer

Proof for Record: I have 604 adult Daydreams (plus 3 growing hatchlings): 15 adults are at the top of page 1; 12 adults on page 6; 18 on page 7; then on page 8 there are 5 adults in the middle; the real army starts in the bottom of page 8 and goes through pages 8-9-10