Dc Records

The Book of Dc Records

Sorry I didn't see your post whitebaron, I was just looking at the records listed on the first page...like the one for "Most Tinsels bred in a row"...ones like that. Where you can kill any commons you bred so it looks like all you bred from it it tinsels. I have only seen this done with rare types...like tinsels or metals or such.

Category: Dragon Breeders

Title of Record: Breeder with the Most Flamingo Wyverns

Name of Submittant (forum name): Purpletail162

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/Purpletail144

Proof for Record: http://dragcave.net/user/purpletail144/7,0,0 *167 Flamingos*

Category: Dragon Breeders

Title of Record: Breeder with the Most Purple Dragons

Name of Submittant (forum name): Purpletail162

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/Purpletail144

Proof for Record: http://dragcave.net/user/Purpletail144

What has changed?: I have now 520 purples

**DC RECORDS (ZAXIAN) UPDATE**

Hi all,

This is not a standard 'update', rather a heads up about a bit of an overhaul of the main post.

So, over the last couple of weeks I've been endeavouring to dump all the Dc Records info into a spreadsheet with the idea of automating some of the more tedious tasks associated with updating the thread. As a result, I've had an opportunity to note all the various inconsistencies with how the main thread presented records and have a go at rectifying some of them.

One of the main results of this change is now all records that previously referenced just a dragon now list the dragon's owner as well, for consistency. I suggested a couple of posts back that I was musing over this - I had a couple of positive responses and did a quick poll of some people on the IRC (none of whom objected) so I hope that no one will be too upset by the change! For reference, where the scroll is listed as secondary to the 'main' record, it's listed in grey to reduce the visual impact.

A direct result of this change is also that the main 'post' now actually spreads across two posts, because it would seem I hit the line or character limit on the post. Fortunately the thread had a couple of 'spare' posts on the main page - the News and FAQ posts have now moved down one post to allow for this.

Another fairly major change covers some of the general 'Breeders' records (so records like 'Breeder with the most female dragons'). I've now mirrored the records listed on TJ's official page, populating the missing ones with the scroll names of individuals who previously held similar records (in the process I've actually updated the values for each of these records, as of earlier today). I've also removed a duplicate 'breeder with the most adult dragons' which was listed twice in two different sections (sorry Absolute!), and a record for 'scroll with the most adults without frozen hatchies' because a) the user who held it had frozen hatchies on their scroll, and B) the wording is ambiguous.

You may also have notices that missing 'Breeder with the most of x breed' records are now listed with 'no record yet'. I've been mulling over whether to do this with the lineage records, but given that it would approximately double the length of that section, I'll hold off for now.

Other changes:

- Records now consistently show the forum name, but link the scroll names of user, unless the user has specifically indicated otherwise.

- I've been trying to track down user/forum names for some of the blue/red records, so some of those have now turned into 'normal' records. For those that haven't - remember, red records can be replaced by any other record (including a 'lower' one)!

At some point I'll be making (parts of) the spreadsheet available for public viewing via a google doc, but that'll have to wait for now.

----

Discussion:

Feedback is good! I'd like to hear people's thoughts about the changes, as well as any other suggestions. Particularly:

- Would you like to see actual dragons names in place of the 'view' links in the various lineage records?

----

Cheers,

Zaxian - DC Records

Changes look great, Zaxian! I don't think dragon names are necessary because names change all the time, whereas a code never will.

Category: Breeders - Breeds

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Seawyrm Pygmies

Name of Submittant (forum name): LibbyLishly

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/LibbyLishly

Proof for Record: Near the end of my scroll (a few who are waiting for names may be at the beginning of the scroll).

What has changed?: I now have 216 Seawyrm Pygmies. (As that total changes, I'll continue to edit this post until I see an update with my name in it. Some might still be hatchies when the count is taken.)

Edited by LibbyLishly

Hey, Zaxian!

Nice (and hard) work you've been doing. The changes seem fair and make the Book clearer, so, thanks for this update, great work indeed.

About your question:

- Would you like to see actual dragons names in place of the 'view' links in the various lineage records?

At first, I thought it'd be awesome to show the dragon's names instead of 'view'. It would value player's lineages, but won't it end up hitting the character limit on the post (again)? (Maybe not today, but in the future?) Also, Libby has a good point: the code will never change.

**DC RECORDS (ZAXIAN) CATCH-UP UPDATE**

Updated to the end of page 102 (up to and including Ollie's post).

Change log:

New records

- shovedtbh has 162 total prize-kin dragons*

- shovedtbh has 28 total shimmer-kin dragons*

- shovedtbh has 134 total tinsel-kin dragons*

Updated records

- ytak has a 9th gen PB EG Guardian dragon

- ytak has 1061 total adult Guardian dragons

- Starbit-Plushie now has 241 total adult Water Walker dragons

- Saloiq has a 7th gen PB EG deep sea dragon

- whitebaron has raised 805 dragons in 100 days

- whitebaron has raised 490 dragons in 1 month

- whitebaron now has 135 adult Royal Crimson dragons

- darkflowernightshade now has 295 total adult tsunami wyverns

- Coyote now has 158 total adult Tri-Horn Wyverns

- Ollie now has 34 total adult Olive dragons

Postponed

- Kenywi's "Longest Hybrid Lineage" from this post is still on hold.

Rejected

- purpledragonclaw has 1026 total adult Guardian dragons but has been pipped to the post by ytak!

- Kirjava-Kitsune's 5th gen PB EG soulpeace - Zylara has already submitted a 6th gen EG PB soulpeace.

- Havoc has 60 Hellhorse dragons, but this had already been surpassed by Walker's 89.

- Ollie has 51 total adult Copper dragons, but this has already been surpassed by IvyJaclyn's 67.

Record comments

- *Regarding the -kin records, I believe the definition of 'prize kin' is essentially 'prize fail' (backed up by a quick straw poll in the IRC), thus I've only counted those dragons that are direct children of a prize x other dragon pairing - excluding various 'bred kins' from two -kin parents. (Also, note to shovedtbh specifically: there were only 128 stairstep tinsel-kins listed, not the 129 mentioned.)

----

Cheers,

Zaxian - DC Records

Thanks for taking over the thread Zaxian. smile.gif

I'm not surprised ytak beat me, but I'll be back for that record shortly. wink.gif

Congrats, ytak, on reclaiming your record!

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Category: Scroll Records

Title of Record: Scroll with the most descriptions

Name of Submittant (forum name): angelicdragonpuppy

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/angelicdragonpuppy

Proof for Record: http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc74/an...zpsabe49cd7.png

Every one of my dragons has a description (or has one pending approval), so at 1841 dragons (I removed my leetle tree and current growing things from the total) I believe I beat the previous record holder of 1697. smile.gif

Category: Dragons - General

Title of Record: Dragon that took the longest to grow up

Name of Submittant (forum name): iya_kin

Scroll Name (link): Iya_kin

Proof for Record: http://dragcave.net/lineage/mESL

I don't know if my dragon counts, as it's from 2009, but I'd like to nominate Everlasting Autumns Grand Finale (stolen on Dec 17 2008 - grew up on Feb 05 2009). He's a result my crazy idea to keep an autumn egg bounce between scrolls (and gain 24 hrs) and hatch it in spring. The project of 3 people ended on Feb 02 2009 after the four project eggs grew up. mESL is the oldest egg of the project, and the last to grow up.

Edited by Iya_kin

Not sure if I should use red or blue form in this case. Not sure if I'm doing it right at all actually.

Category: Breeders

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Bleeding Moon dragons

Name of Submittant (forum name): Light Concorde

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/lightconcorde

Proof for Record: My scroll (starting on the 1st page) + "bleeding moons" tab of this spreadsheet: (click)

Reason for submitting new Record: No record on the list yet. Exactly 50 Pretty much as many as the spreadsheet shows adult Bleeding Moons now. I update the file often and the dragons are counted with formulas so nothing should be cheated/glitchy/missing.

Edited by Light Concorde

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Crimson Flare Pygmies

Name of Submittant (forum name): xdlugia

Scroll Name (link): xdlugia

Proof for Record: http://dragcave.net/user/xdlugia

What has changed?: increased to 393

There is a massive wave of crimson flares impossible to miss. There are also two at the beginning of my scroll. If you set to view 250 dragons per page, the first page will have 108, the second page is pure crimson flares, and the 3rd page will have 35.

Updated to the end of page 103 (up to and including dragongrrl's post).

Change log:

New records

- saerider has a 7th gen PB EG Two Finned Bluna dragon

- Zephys has a 15th gen PB stairstep Glory Drake dragon

- The_Imago has 46 adult Swallowtail dragons

- dustpuppy has a 6th gen PB EG stone dragon

- dustpuppy has a 6th gen PB stairstep Nocturn dragon

- god_matter has 63 adult speckle-throat dragons

- aqua17 has a 6th gen PB EG Silver dragon

- dernwyn has a 4th gen PB EG Black Tea dragon

- Daydreamer09 has an 8th gen PB EG Seasonal (Autumn) dragon

Updated records

- saerider has 245 total adult Two Finned Bluna

- Pippyspot has 76 adult Nilia pygmys

- god_matter has a 6th gen PB EG speckle throat dragon

- Hei has 6,000 total dragons (a nice round number - I obviously picked the right time to do the update!)

- Hei has 2,962 total female dragons*

- Hei has 3,003 total male dragons*

- Hei has 3,530 total bred dragons*

- Hei has 3,519 total bred adult dragons*

- Hei has 6,000 adult dragons*

- Hei has 2,957 adult female dragons*

- Hei has 2,996 adult male dragons*

- Hei's scroll has 5,460,984 UVs

- Hei has raised a maximum of 831 dragons in 100 days

- Hei has 5,943 total named dragons

- Hei has 5,943 total named adult dragons*

- brairtrainer has 132 total adult flamingo dragons

- Lagie now has an 8th generation PB EG mint dragon

- ytak now has 1081 total adult Guardian dragons

Postponed

- Kenywi's "Longest Hybrid Lineage" from this post is still on hold (probably going to have to wait until I'm over the current backlog and have time to think about it!).

Rejected

- dustpuppy's 7th gen PB EG Nebula - littleironhorse's PB EG Nebula already holds the record

- thenameisplissken has 5,000 adult dragons - very impressive in itself, but unfortunately surpassed by Hei's records!

- Daydreamer09's submission of an 18th gen Orchdrake - you cannot submit records for dragons you don't own.

Record comments

- * Since the 'most dragons' records have had a bit of a reorganisation since Hei's post was submitted, I've had a nose through and applied it to similar records that were newly created previously. Hence why the categories might not match up exactly with what was originally posted.

----

Zaxian - DC Records

Category:lineages

Title of Record: purebred gold

Name of Submittant (forum name):aqua17

Scroll Name (link): mystyic

Proof for Record: http://dragcave.net/lineage/cxK9r

5th gen purebred.

Category: Even Gen Purebred

Title of Record: The Nebula (Normal)

Name of Submittant (forum name): aqua17

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/Aquamyrine

Proof for Record: 5th gen purebred

Edited by aqua17

**DC RECORDS (ZAXIAN) CATCH-UP (MINI) UPDATE**

Updated to partway through page 104 (up to and including aqua17's post).

Change log:

New records

- aqua17 has a 6th gen PB EG Alt Nebula dragon

- (and with the above record in mind, I've gone back through to find that airaani has a 4th gen PB EG Normal Nebula dragon)

Updated records

- BlueIce now has a 51 generation PB staircase Pygmy dragon which also takes the records for longest PB/Stair lineages and longest overall lineage.

Postponed

- As before

----

Zaxian - DC Records

Edited by Dc Records

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Striped (Green) Dragons

Name of Submittant (forum name): Mupen64 Man

Scroll Name (link): http://dragcave.net/user/Mupen64%20Man

Proof for Record: My scroll

What has changed?: Surpassed JaneMcAsh's record, 226 - 306, might even have more by the time its updated. ;D

Edited by Mupen64 Man

Uhm.. since no one appears to have a record for this [i think?], I guess I can start out one of the records for them new lindwurms >_> This is gonna be short lived but oh well..

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Two-Headed Lindwurms

Name of Submittant (forum name): ƒrozen

Scroll Name (link): frozen--

Proof for Record: They're all grouped together about a third of the way down my scroll [i only have 1 page so you shouldn't have much trouble finding them]. You should count 14 total.

Title of Record: Breeder with the most Two-Headed Lindwurms (Blue)

Name of Submittant (forum name): ƒrozen

Scroll Name (link): frozen--

Proof for Record: Again, they're grouped together in the same spot as mentioned above. The blues are positioned just above the green lindwurms. You should count 11 total.

Obviously not going to bother with my greens lol.

This is gonna last all of 3 minutes..

I'm not sure about frozen hatchlings records but -

- For a non-existing "most of breed" record, the minimum is 20 of the breed. Please be aware that "most of breed" records only include adult dragons.

You need to have 20 before you can submit a new record. ^^

I'm not sure about frozen hatchlings records but -

You need to have 20 before you can submit a new record. ^^

Sorry! Totally missed that part. I'll be hoarding them for a while longer then, lol.

Updated to the end of page 104 (up to and including thenameisplissken's post).

Change log:

New records

- Drachenbraut has a 7th gen PB EG Waterhorse dragon

- Pippyspot has 37 total adult Bleeding Moon dragons

- Pippyspot has 69 total adult normal Dark Green dragons

- dagongirl13 has a 5th gen PB EG Ice dragon

- SockPuppet Strangler has 48 total adult purple Dorsal dragons

- thenameisplissken has 480 total adult normal Black dragons ***

Updated records

- Starscream now has 767 total adult Vampire dragons

- Drachenbraut has 259 total adult Waterhorse dragons

- rox_squirrel now has a 9th gen PB EG Balloon dragon

- Starbit-Plushie now has 266 total adult Water Walker dragons

- nonnymouse now has 106 total adult neglected dragons

- Idril now has 1067 total adult Terrae dragons*

- dagongirl13 has 230 total adult Ice dragons

- Ilune Willowlef's Valgarv and Philia have 143 offspring**

- thenameisplissken now has 628 total adult ember dragons

Ignored

- dustpuppy's 2nd submission of the same dragon - it's already the record

Rejected

- Pippyspot has 68 total adult normal Black dragons, but this has been beaten by thenameisplissken's submission

Postponed

- As before

- Ilune Willowlef's 'Breeder with the most Spitfires dragons', as the scroll is currently set to show eggs/hatchies only and so I can't check the record. 23.08 - now added: Ilune Willolef has 903 total adult spitfire dragons.

Record notes

* @Idril, in the post edited on 22nd Aug you listed that you had 1070 adults - fyi I've checked the 1067 figure with two counting methods so I'm fairly confident that it's correct.

** @Ilune, I made the count 143, not the 144 listed. That record also takes the 'dragon with the most children' record, which I've given to Valgarv - let me know if you'd rather Philia had it.

*** @thenameisplissken I do not know where you got your count of 723 from.

----

Comments:

- Regarding whitebaron's suggestion of 'most eggs laid in a row'... Go for it. This record will work as follows: most eggs parented by a single dragon in a row (where 'in a row' mean with each consecutive egg's 'bred' date within 13 days of the previous egg).

For reference, I personally dislike the existing 'most tinsels bred in a row' 'most trio's bred in a row' records because of the difficulty verifying them after the event - as there is no page available for 'breeding results' of a dragon that includes unsuccessful breedings or eggs that have been killed since.

----

Zaxian - DC Records

Edited by Dc Records

Rejected

- Daydreamer09's submission of an 18th gen Orchdrake - you cannot submit records for dragons you don't own.

Ah, I see. I wasn't sure about whether or not the actual breeder had an ability to update the record at all. There are a few records for 'longest purebreds' that were originally lineages I worked on myself and others adopted and posted as records.

Would it be possible to give credit to some of the breeders of these lineages and not just the owners? It just seems unfair that the owners get credit, but not the person who actually made them.

Rejected

Ah, I see. I wasn't sure about whether or not the actual breeder had an ability to update the record at all. There are a few records for 'longest purebreds' that were originally lineages I worked on myself and others adopted and posted as records.

Would it be possible to give credit to some of the breeders of these lineages and not just the owners? It just seems unfair that the owners get credit, but not the person who actually made them.

Firstly, the point of that rule is to prevent two things:

- Users claiming records for themselves with other people's dragons.

- Users unexpectedly having extra traffic on their scroll because someone has submitted their dragon for them.

The second of these is the most pertinent reason that you can't just submit a record even if you have bred it (and the parents are both provably on your scroll).

I see two ways you could get around this, the most obvious and straightforward being to breed another dragon with the same lineage (if you still have the parents) and then submit that for the record. Alternately, you could ask the current owner to submit their dragon and ask them to credit you as well (I'll put it where currently the 'lineage name' can go).

----

Zaxian - Dc Records

I actually want to second this. IIRC when I submitted the ridgewing, I tried to shove all credit onto Daydreamer since she did all the hard work and just submitted my dragon since it was the longest version. I do think it'd be fair in the records to give credit to who did the work, especially for lineages that one person did most or all of the work on. JMHO ^^

Although it seems the above would work since you said "Alternately, you could ask the current owner to submit their dragon and ask them to credit you as well (I'll put it where currently the 'lineage name' can go)."?

~

This thread looks odd without the poll now. It's like it's nakey. =p

~

Thanks for updating the records! I feel bad now that you had to go through my scroll without it sorted. I hope you have some better method than just searching through the mess that is my scroll! D: