Dc Records

The Book of Dc Records

Could you maybe put the option on their scroll setting for a box to check to opt out of things like this?

It'd be quite a few users (Most dragons per breed, CB's per breed, bred dragons per breed, frozen hatchlings per breed, etc) and not all of them are on the forums.

Then why don't you create a script that check's every user page on the main site and check's their egg's, frozen's, hatchlings, frozen hatchlings, bred dragon's, etc.?

Well, if the scroll is normally visable, I guess you could. Plus, if they don't see this thread, would it hurt? I may just be guessing but still.

Does anyone think it'd be an issue if I wrote a script to calculate a bunch of records and used it to post in here from time to time?

My main concern is whether or not people would want their scroll submitted without their permission.

TJ, it would be great to know who really has the *record* for various aspects of the game and other trivia.

But I know several players that would be upset if they were listed on here. (And so I assume that there are many more that I don't know of)

Permission by some means would have to be obtained to be on the safe side.

Maybe the checkbox idea would be possible?

(But the option to opt in, rather than out)

Otherwise, I think it best just to have a bit of fun with 'forum records'.

Oh My I leave for a day and so many things happens

@People I need to check scrolls for:

Wait meh is busy D: Im sorry..

@Kapanikos: Regarding my white record, That was made and NEVER modified since I built the thread, so yeah Its gonna be a lot less than what you show. and btw YOUR SCRIP IS AWSUMMM biggrin.gif

@Tj: Thanks for passing by O.o (<-- My face) Anyways: I think that: Its best that people that come around and check the thread should be awarded the tittle. Cause if you dont come around, aka use the forums you know nothing about the records but this is like a good/bad thing. I cant explain more.

I just counted Shallyna'ars direct children: 44 with midas dorkface, and 2 others from someone else.

Also, i think nmsU the granddaughter of Imperial Gywneth, is the new record-holder for most Yulebucks in lineage...

Edited by serpentus of oceaus

First reaction: Wow that's a pretty cool script Kapanikos. I'm pretty sure it's accurate since I'm constantly counting my pygmys. If Dc agrees with that script, then it would be very useful with counting all these records and then maybe we really can do the CB dragon records. I'm still a little hesitant though about the CB records. With rare dragons I'd be pretty stoked but with commons a person would need to have an insane amount of commons to really deserve a CB common dragon record.

Second reaction: TJ was here? :: fangirl mode :: That is so cool! :: fangirl mode off :: So I think that kind of script would be cool, but yeah perhaps a few people would be a bit upset for being checked out. I agree with Siryuki that the records should be reserved for people that are in the forums and actually come by to submit records. I can see the script working if we notified the person if they were in the forums and ASKED them if they wanted the record, but otherwise it might be a little privacy invasion.

But with a script like that, then maybe something could be done to give a little badge to people who have records. That would pretty cool, but I'm sure it would be really hard to do.

Checking records:

@ewige - I also confirm your record.

@KingZanto - I also count 22

@AnnieGYG - After counting 3 times, using scroll checker, and then counting 1 more time, I have come up with 590 single naming theme dragons. There are a few unnamed dragons mixed in with the named dragons in various places.

@KallaCalling - It's up to Dc Records if that will become a record. But I can verify it

Does anyone think it'd be an issue if I wrote a script to calculate a bunch of records and used it to post in here from time to time?

My main concern is whether or not people would want their scroll submitted without their permission.

Main problem is really the thing about the permission.

Otherwise a script made by you would be much faster (I guess it would run directly on the database) than mine.

Hmm ... hard to tell, but I guess it'd be better that only scrolls are mentioned here from people who willingly ask to be listed here. Even if we miss the real record that way.

Edited by Kapanikos

@Ethril Dragon: You count AnnieGYG's record BY HAND?!? Oh my ... THREE TIMES?!? *black out*

Well the script says: 591

Edit: Now only 588

I included name checking in the script. wink.gif Next would be lineage checking ... or making it a bit more robust

@AnnieGYG: Hey, why are you killing dragons? wink.gif

No really, sure you can do what you want, I was just a bit confused while checking my script, that it suddenly only counts 588 and I constantly tried to find out, where the error is, just to see that there is no error wink.gif

Edited by Kapanikos

I would love to know true records from all visible scrolls.

I don't understand how checking a scroll for quantity of dragons is a violation of privacy. It's a scroll and not a bank account. xd.png

That's a very good idea, actually. ^^ And yes, a box to opt out of it would be good...but being opted out to start with would be better, as then inactive accounts wouldn't be opted in and people whe don't realise won't be put in without permission.

ack, sorry for inactivity, /active again

I was thinking about the little badge thingy, and well I was talking to this person who agreed in making personalized Breed trophy's.

That means Per each record winner in the breed section a different breed trophy would be made.

But if that was too complicated the person also said that he could go for category trophys and let them all be the same.

@Ethril Dragon: You count AnnieGYG's record BY HAND?!? Oh my ... THREE TIMES?!? *black out*

I included name checking in the script. wink.gif Next would be lineage checking ... or making it a bit more robust

No really, sure you can do what you want, I was just a bit confused while checking my script, that it suddenly only counts 588 and I constantly tried to find out, where the error is, just to see that there is no error wink.gif

Yup. I count in 10's. So every 10 dragons, I make a little check mark on this piece of paper. Then when I've counted through all the dragons I add everything up.

One thing that could be done, is that maybe on the actual site there could be a page with records leading to people's scrolls. And if they don't want their scroll showing up in the records page, they could just keep their scroll hidden. That way people who have forum accounts could have records here with Dc Records and then the people with the actual records could show up on dragcave. So the link could be like dragcave.net/records or something.

Edited by Ethril Dragon

EEK, OMG, I would never kill my dragons! EVER lol!!! Even the inbred ones sit at the bottom of my scroll, Nor will I freeze my lovelies either. The one accidental frozen one was when I didn't realise about zombies sad.gif So I have a frozen zombie one.

Are you guys sure you may have counted at different times of the day when my 3 zombies were showing or not showing?

Awesome work with the script Kapanikos, I always asked whether there was a way to sort by breed how many dragons I had, my original aim was 5 CB and 5 Bred of each, and 5 females and 5 males of each.

I just went by the sort scroll telling me how many dragons I had in total and then took off the unnamed ones, which should have be the new ones at the top sicne I didn't ahve a nameing scheme for them, plus 2 CB twin silver females which were waiting for a special twins project.

Edit checked again: I was a noob and added eggs lol so Hmm, without zombies showing, scroll total of 607 minus 4 eggs and 1 hatchie and minus the 2 CB silver female twins. Soo, total of 600 dragons all named with Atonia naming theme without zombies. (I named my new breeds which is why the totals more now)

With zombies, which should be showing next to my other unbreedables (above the vamps I think), I have 1 female, 1 male and 1 frozen hatchie, all again named Atonia. So that would make a total of 603 (although I'd rather not include frozens sicne it's easy for people to name hundreds of them the same in a short time) So I'll claim 602 adults all with the same naming scheme.

I am sure there must be someone with more than me sicne I only started late during 'the mad rush' when suddenyl these strange dragons started appearing all over the net and we all were drawn here. I'm just posting for fun really to keep the spirit of this thread up because it's a great idea smile.gif

Edited: I think TJs idea is awesome to post a few records here, who knows, some people might be very pleased to find they hold a record and they never even knew it.

Edited by AnnieGYG

I love this idea, TJ.

Are you guys sure you may have counted at different times of the day when my 3 zombies were showing or not showing?

Yes! That must be it!

I didn't look close enough to see, that the dead dragons are zombies.

So ... 591 confirmed, inkl. 3 Zombies

And new count today, after your last unnamed got a name too: 602 inkl. 3 zombies.

.oO(that brings up a new problem for my script ... How to count zombies? Escpecially when they cannot be seen on the scroll ... *scratch head*)

Awesome work with the script Kapanikos, I always asked whether there was a way to sort by breed how many dragons I had, my original aim was 5 CB and 5 Bred of each, and 5 females and 5 males of each.

I guess I could include a mode, where it counts every breed it finds and prints out statistics about every single breed ... even if the result would be a bit .... longish.

Kapa

Edited by Kapanikos

Category: Trivia

Title of Record: Youngest DC-player with full awareness of what happens

Name of Submitant: wonton55912

Proof for Record: im 10 for proof check my profile info and scroll

My Oh My.. So many things to say:

(From page 11-14)

I shall update all the new records in the next post, this one is just for discussion.

As for speckled dragons, I shall remove them being them the Bbw, that are mentioned before.

@Kapanikos: That is one nice and interesting code/ script you've got there. Very usefull I Believe.

That could help us verify cbs, from others but as said before I think It should Only count for Cb on rare, not on common.

@Tj: Thanks for passing by bro.

Anyways yes it would be nice, but then the issue to privacy comes afloat. Here people come and post because they want to, if you had your scroll hidden then you want some privacy right?

Anyways The script works nicely and it would be nice to have a /records page, with little trophys maybe?

@Ethrill: WELCOME AS OUR NEW COLLAB!!!

Edited by Dc Records

==UPDATING COMPLETED==

@blackberry57,ceeceeblack,Wolf Wings: congratulations you are now in our records

@Cmo: your record has been updated.

@Kapanikos: We are not taking cb dragons records for the time being, so being the gold record was unlocked, you claimed it, maybe in the future we will consider records like this.

@Ethrill: I realy dont know If your record cualifies as a record, or as a name theme naming record. I must put this record up for evaluation.

Please Check me-Evaluation Record

@Emerald_Shadowclaw: Im sorry but we were not able to process your record due to the MINIMUM. IS 20 DRAGONS. Please try again later.

@Zeldarax,ewige, KingZanto: Congratulations you are now in our records.

@Siryuki: Hope you dont mind but with the info Kapanikos provided I updated your record.

@AnnieGYG: Congratulations you are now in our records

@Kalla Calling: Im sory but for the moment we would have to discuss your record with the rest of the crew, it it was a pb Gold x something not being a golf I would consider it, But the record you provided (FOR ME) Is not a record. Lets see what the other collabs say.

Please Check Me Collabs

@wonton55912: Im curious to ask, but If you have full awarness of what happens in dc, I would have loved a "Why you should be considered" And not just a : "Look at me in 10, I deserve the record. post"

If you want it then explain why.

@Pink247:Thanks for explaining the Lineage to me, Ill now add, it.

@Kapanikos: Sure what do you think about maybe: lets say Gold and Silver for the Time being? (Needs suggestions) Maybe Blacks?

Chickens, dinos(always cb), and special event dragons count count (They let you have a max number)

Edited by Dc Records

@Kapanikos: That is one nice and interesting code/ script you've got there. Very usefull I Believe.

That could help us verify cbs, from others but as said before I think It should Only count for Cb on rare, not on common.

I'd say, if you like the CBs to be counted, then only the rares.

But ... hey it's your thread, just tell us, which CBs will be accepted (maybe in first post) and I can be your man to confirm the records, als long as I didn't convert the script into a webpage.

What it does so far ... well I just show you two results on my scroll and on AnnieGYG's, so you know what I can help you with, so Ethril doesn't have to count 600 Dragons by hand *still blacking out* wink.gif :

In my case I count my scroll and especially my gold dragons:

count Elrohir "Gold dragons"

Statistics on Elrohir's scroll:

Views: 1076400
Unique Views: 296872
Clicks: 4267

Dragon with most views: Vetu (15248) http://dragcave.net/view/Vetu
Dragon with most unique views: QiNp (1773) http://dragcave.net/view/QiNp
Dragon with most clicks: qDJz (91) http://dragcave.net/view/qDJz
Dragon with most children: 6AJX (9) http://dragcave.net/view/6AJX

All dragons: 382
All females: 183
All males: 168
All ungendered: 31
All cave borns: 239

Adults: 271
Adults female: 134
Adults male: 126
Adults ungendered: 11

Hatchlings: 111
unfrozen: 5
Hatchlings female: 49
Hatchlings male: 42
Hatchlings ungendered: 20

Eggs: 0
------------------------------------
Gold dragons: 25
Cave born: 20
Adult females: 14
Adult males: 11

On AnnieGYG's scroll I count the namingscheme:

count -name AnnieGYG Atonia
Dragons with namingscheme Atonia: 599

That is - as previously mentioned - without her three Zombies at this time of day.

Kapa

welcome aboard Ethrill

Thanks for the record update.

And what Else?

Ill go check out those records.

We should do a meeting in the irc tongue.gif

if we do a meeting, just tell me when.

@Dc - Don't worry about that record I submitted. I was being silly

Edited by Ethril Dragon