Imaginist

Nightwish

Has anyone heard the- oh my gosh- techno remix of Phantom Of The Opera?

xd.png

I was downloading some of their stuff- over 50 songs so far- and found that. xd.png I laughed the first time I listened to it, at the least the first bit, it seemed such a ridiculous choice for a techno remix. But it's good nonetheless- but I like the original better.

Something else I found was Tarja and Martin Kesici's "Leaving You For Me".

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/additem/488433681

Also great. There were a few more collabs I got, but I really liked this one.

Edited by Imaginist

@ Shaddow: Yeah, it's weird the amount of hate that people have been pouring out since Tarja left. Yes, she was a great singer - but a great band is more than the singer, and if one person is screwing the dynamics then there's really only one choice the band can make.

@Rhea: I'd recommend listening to Over The Hills. It's certainly the song that got me hooked on them. That and Phantom of the Opera.

I like the new Nightwish better than the old Nightwish. Their songs are more of a duet now. I absolutely adore The Islander, Last of the Wilds (Instrumental), and 7 Days to the Wolves.

I'm fairly sure I'm the only Nightwish fan who doesn't like Phantom of the Opera (as in their arrangement). Don't kill me, I've tried to like it, I just can't.

I'm fairly sure I'm the only Nightwish fan who doesn't like Phantom of the Opera (as in their arrangement). Don't kill me, I've tried to like it, I just can't.

You're not the only one, Shaddow. To each our own, as they say. wink.gif I'm not particularly fond of that one either. It's the most skippable track on Century Child in my opinion.

You're not the only one, Shaddow. To each our own, as they say. wink.gif I'm not particularly fond of that one either. It's the most skippable track on Century Child in my opinion.

Oh good. ^^; I think it is the only one of their very popular songs (Nemo, Amaranth, Bye By Beautiful, etc.) that I just really don't like. I'm not too fond of Byr Bye Beautiful either, but I don't mind listening to it every now and then.

I listened to one of Nighwish's songs, but I didn't get too into it. Therefore, I am asking if anyone has a particular song from this band that is considered one of their best or better ones?

I am looking to branch out away from typical bands like Lacuna Coil and such, so suggest away!

End of All Hope

Wish I Had An Angel (I think there are a few versions though.)

I dunno, depends on what you like. Gothic, try Nemo probably. Heavy, try End of all Hope or Wish I Had An Angel.

7 Days to the Wolves, Ghost Love Score, Escapist, and Dark Chest of Wonders are all pretty good too.

Bye Bye Beautiful and Phantom of the Opera are popular as well, but I'm not as much of a fan of them.

I love this band. I like dark chest of wonder, Nightquest, Last of the wilds, The Islander, Amaranth, Nemo, Feel for you, The poet and the pendulum. I have more favourites than these

I love Nightwish! I've only got the songs Nemo and The Islander, but I've got the album Dark Passion Play on hold at the library, so I'm hoping that comes in soon.

Oh, old thread died?

I used to quite like Nightwish some years ago.<3

My favourite songs are 7 Days to the Wolves (probably my top favourite due to how I've interpreted the lyrics /shot), The Poet and the Pendulum, Dead Boy's Poem, Creek Mary's Blood (most epic music from these IMO) and good old catchy Over the Hills and Far Away.

Edited by lightbird

First post= fix'd, now that I'd not such a complete noob about this band. And I also have youtube access now, so links provided.

Edited by Imaginist

I've been listening to Nightwish for over 5 years now, and I still love them. To me, it doesn't matter who is singing, Tarja or Anette, both are great in their own way. I haven't seen Tarja live, but from what I've seen from the DVDs, I think Anette's English is much better than Tarja's... For the male vocals, I prefer Marco. Tuomas's voice didn't sound good when he and Tarja sung together (The Carpenter) and Wilska is good, but Marco is nicer to look at wink.gif

My favourite album is Century Child or Once, Oceanborn is my least favourite, I don't feel the same connection that I feel with the other albums. My favourite songs are Escapist, the new version of Astral Romance, Beauty and the Beast, The Islander, Bless the Child, Wish I had an Angel and Sleeping Sun. And a few others rolleyes.gif

And I like their cover from Over the Hills and Far Away much more than the original by Gary Moore.

Nightwish = Favourite band

Tarja Turunen = Favourite vocalist

I am (obviously) a Nightwish w/ Tarja fan. Tarja and Marco's vocals together with Emppu's influences and Tuomas's compositions made the band what it is. My opinion is that when Tarja left, they should have nixed female vocals all together and just let Marco do the singing - maybe had guest female vocals.

The way they split breaks my heart, it makes me sad - their fighting should have been kept private so not to cause the distortion among fans; but we will always have the classic Nightwish to grace our ears. I also enjoy Tarja's solo work though most of it isn't as heavy as Nightwish was/is. She still keeps that fantasy aspect and you can hear how she has grown as a vocalist.

(If you are defensive of Anette, you may want to skip my next paragraph...)

I have a strong distaste for Anette... I tried to like her, I really did, but I am not fond of her pop-rock vocals. I can see new fans being into her style, but some of the older fans such as myself she does not appeal to. I became a fan of Nightwish for their distinct flavour and sound. We did buy "Dark Passion Play" to really listen to the difference, and the tracks I like are few. "Last of the Wilds," "The Islander," "Master Passion Greed" - love them. If I had to pick a track Anette sings it would be "Sahara." While I understand that Anette is Tarja's replacement, if "Bye Bye Beautiful" was in fact a dedication to Tarja from the band, I think she had no right to sing it. Listening to her try to sing songs like "Deep Silent Complete" or "Kuolema Tekee Taikeilijan" make me... no. Just, no. No one can replace the grace and passion of Tarja Turunen.

I am not criticizing fans of the new Nightwish. To each their own.

As for favourite songs, how about a top 10?

1- "Deep Silent Complete"

2- "Sleepwalker"

3- "10th Man Down"

4- "Planet Hell"

5- "Wishmaster"

6- "Romanticide"

7- "Gethsemane"

8- "Wish I Had an Angel"

9- "The Phantom of the Opera (Live)"

10- "She is My Sin"

"Over the Hills and Far Away" is also a fantastic cover.

Cheers =)

Nightwish is one of my favorite bands out there!

I am definitely a Nemo fan!

I love Nightwish. I prefer Tarja vocals. I'm not saying I don't like Annette's, but Tarja vocal register fits better with Nightwish IMHO.

My favourite songs are the following:

"The Pharaoh Sails To Orion"

"Dark Chest Of Wonders "

"Ghost Love Score"

"10th Man Down"

"Planet Hell"

"Wishmaster"

"Gethsemane"

"Wish I Had An Angel"

"She Is My Sin"

"Nymphomaniac Fantasia"

Sooooo.... new album in the works. Anyone else looking forward to it?

I say it's about time they released a new album. I've been waiting for this for years.

Though I'm anxious as well as excited. Dark Passion Play had songs I really liked, but also some of my least favorite songs by them.

I prefer Tarja's voice to Annette's overall; there's just something about Tarja's voice that hooks me into the song. It's like ear candy. And Marco's incredibly talented.

Nightwish remains one of my favorite bands. I just wish I had friends that agreed with me about their awesomeness. tongue.gif

Not sure since when I started listening to Nightwish but I do have a few of their albums. Favorite songs are The Pharaohs Sails to Orion, Planet Hell, Last of the Wilds, etc.

Although nowadays it seems that I am too lazy to check the new albums and stuff... =/

ETA: Oh and I love the way how the entire music sounds, kinda "dark" and whatever that describes the songs most.

Edited by Segamen

-fangirl squeel and jumps around- I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!

my favorite is "Eva" because it reminds me of myself

right now "I wish i had an angel" is playing on itunes >w<

The whole band is just top of the epic awesomness!!!

i like all symphonic rock, even listened to a bit of Epica, but these guys kick backside

Awesome band. *two thumbs up*

Bye Bye Beautiful and Amaranth are really good songs.

I prefer Tarja's voice by far, Annette's is good but nothing compared :3

'Ever Dream' and 'Phantom of the Opera' are the best songs xd.png