Damon shook his head, "I think we should move." He said simply. Being what he was, it didn't bother him too much, but death always ate people alive no matter who they were. His Caribbean eyes were strong and unblinking as he watched Kagiso. Garuk glanced between the two of them before he jumped into the sky, flying over the field and then going to land on Damon's chest, crawling up his scar his tail melded into his skin before the rest followed and he was simply ink again.

Lienay was more then happy to return the greeting before she darted away from Adlai when the prince nearly tripped over her. Once she was securely at Lyre side the leopard waited while Lyre was introduced. Lyre on seeing Emrai gave the princess a deep bow in respect, before straightening to listen to Emrai. She fidgeted as she watched Emrai. "I didn't think you'd remember me, Princess, but I just felt I had to help you in whatever way I could. That is if you don't think I'll get in the way."

"Why?" she muttered slightly before disappearing into the water. She didn't hate Damon and Bristor told him so as he appeared behind him from the sky. Her heart aches for reasons that this old fool is wise enough not to tell. He said with a slight chuckle then rested on the river bank. Aren't you going to see what is wrong with her? He asked as he turned a large ruby eye onto Damon. Kagiso swam through the water her wings gone and only her human strength pulling her into the clear current as she allowed herself to cry. She had killed so many and usually with such detachment, but seeing the young foal did something to her, and she didn't know what it was.

Since it seemed that Emrai and Lyre were settled, Evyndr found her attention being drawn to the young harka and was actually over joyed to see another of her kind there. She pratically ran over her lithe form taking on a picture of sheer joy as she embraced the young girl in a large hug. "Oh it has been so long to see one so young for me! One of my own kind...here! I have no idea what your name is or where you are from young one, but you are welcome here!" She said as she hugged the younger girl yet again the platinum like fur on her arms seeming to eep with the joy that she felt.

Scorpo bucked at few times before she took off at a tight gallop into the camp. "Come on Casden!" she called back and was met with a look of disapproval by many of the older adults who also smiled at her joy in such a hard time. She was like Kagiso but had a permanent happy side that never went away like it did with Kagiso. Scorpo slowed down to a trot at the river and looked back for Casden, when she could spot him, a slight nicker escaped her chest as she shook her head as if to say "Over here!"

Damon kept his eyes an Kagiso as he listend to Bristor. Hesitantly the Deamon stepped towards the waters edge. He wasn't a fan of water, only because he'd never known about rivers and lakes until he left home. It was still something he was getting used to. He shivered before going into the water and swimming over to the pegasus. He floated beside her, going backwards in order to face her. "What's wrong?" He asked simply, kindness coloring his tone.

The princess offered a smile. "You can hardly get in the way if you wish to help. I thank you for helping us, Lyre." She then gave a small bow of her head in gratitude. "You must be tired after your journey, perhaps you'd like something to eat?" She offered. At the thought of food she wondered when dinner was going to be. Knap pranced up to her and rubbed against her, almost knocking her over. She smiled and pat his head, wondering if he found cat nip amidst the fields.

((Looky!! I made a decent post for her!! o3o))

This Scorpo girl was fast. Casden found himself pushing his speed just to keep up, and even then she was breaking away from him. They passed by some of the elder pegasi in the camp and he could see mixed degrees of disapproval. Scorpo's cheer was both something to be cherished and looked down upon at the same time. It was nice to see happiness every once in awhile, especially at a time like this, but that was also the problem. Happiness could be seen as childish and immature, something that would not help on the battlefield. He knew that well enough. Still he followed Scorpo to the edge of the river, slowing to a trot when he was close enough. "Is there something you need to show me?" he asked.

Tari was utterly taken by surprise by the excitement and joy the other harka showed. The embrace was completely unexpected. Nobody had ever treated her like that in years. Initially it felt very foreign, like the country you left when you were two and returned to when you were much older, then it started to actually feel nice. This harka wasn't giving her strange looks, and everybody else seemed fine with her strange appearance. Tari found herself relaxing in the embrace, taking it all in like a long lost friend. Finally she returned the hug, somehow finding it deep inside herself to return such an odd emotion. "My name is Tarisyn Saralonde, and thank you for welcoming me," she said. "It's really very nice of you."

"Then I'm very happy I came." Lyre smiled brightly at Emrai. She readjusted her bag and looked at Lienay. The leopard stepped back from Lyre's legs, allowing Lyre to step forward. "I'm not particularly tired, Princess, but food does sound good."

Kagiso looked at Damon glad that the dripping water all across her face hid the tears that had once been there. She had to admit that she liked Damon and it frustrated her that she did. SHe wasn't sure if legends were true, but Damon's couldn't have friends that were girls, or was it closer than that? She didn't know but had to ask, but didn't think that she should. "Seeing that child back there was kinda disturbing." she said deciding to be honest.

Scorpo laughed and giggled then whinnied to a few other pegasi that were her age as well as Casden's. "These are some of the warriors in training. They aren't like you or I and haven't tasted battle. I wanted you to meet them and see the camp." she said. If Casden turned to his right, away from the river, he would be met with what looked like a busy, small, town. Mothers were taking care of their children while father's helped clean out tents and make weapons beside their wives and children. "None of us don't fight. We keep a few here at the camp when we aren't fighting to help with wounds, but other than that, we all learn." She said becoming slightly serious but still looking like she could baek out into a wide smile.

Evyndr smiled and let out a happy whoop as the girl gave her her name. "You are quite welcome! your last name is rather familiar, how old are you child?" she asked knowing that not many harka stayed out in the open when they were over 250 years old. She smiled kindly and waited for the young girl to answer wondering who she was and where it was that she came form.

He nodded gently, "I can see how that would affect someone. It's not wrong to feel that way I'm pretty sure." He told her, trying to see it from her point of view, from someone's other than a Deamon's eyes. "I don't know how to feel it, or if I do, it's not that often and I might have mistaken it for something else." He then sighed, looking at her for a moment.

All this talk of him and what he was, it was getting irritating. He didn't exactly pride himself in what he was. He could subtly change conversation and lighten it slightly. He could ignore her and let himself enjoy the clamness he was feeling, forgetting about everything else. He could swim around, playing and splashing Kagiso to cheer her up. The water or something was making him relaxed and slighlty childish.

He could do all of these things, but it just didn't seem right, and as much as he begged himself not to, his expression changed and he looked into Kagiso's eyes. A slight bit of the blue coverage in his irises faded. Unconciously he was using magic to soothe her, a trick that helped Deamon's catch their prey. Although, he kept a stern reminder that this was NOT what he was doing. He was NOT hunting. "Kagiso, what are you not telling me? There's something on your mind, I can tell."

((Don't tell me your waiting for me to do something with Emrai sleep.gif She's being difficult with me.

*pokes Emrai*

Leave me alone. I'm out of idea's for you.

PLEASE!! I really need something!

No.

.....b*tch...))

((She could take Lyre to the food area?))

Kagiso swam against the current and suddenly felt all her walls go down and her irises enlarge with the peace and calmness that had found its way into her. At first she would have panicked had it nod been magic, but she was able to look at him in a distant way and smile. "After only knowing you for several hours, I find myself liking you despite the legends and despite any fear." she said and allowed herself to look sad, because she was. She knew it would never happen and that is what made her sad. "I guess that is what bothers me. You are different.....very different than all of the pegasi that I could ever know....but yet, nothing could never happen." she said and shot up out of the water into the sky and felt the control gently ease away and flew past the river onto the other side. It was an open field and she shifted to her horse form without wings and ran and ran and ran. She didn't care if it was possible that Damon could catch up to her, right now she needed to run. "how could I have told him that?!" she said to herself as she continued to run to her hearts content.

Emrai smiled kindly, gesturing for Lyre to follow her. "Come then, I'll take you the long way and show you how we're set up." Khap shook off some extra snow and padded beside her, hoping around her feet. Emrai chuckled before she crouched down to pet him.

"Alright then go." The fox wagged his tail before taking a few happy leaps. Emrai stood and glanced over her shoulder at Lyre, "I don't usually let him fly, so if he dive bombs you, don't be offended."

She smiled and then watched the white wings form from the air around the fox. They looked less like feathers and more like they were carved out of snow. He then leapt into the sky, practicing rolls and such.

Damon felt slightly bad as he swam to shore. He sat on the bank, his leather boots hanging in the water still. He hadn't intentionally meant to cast that spell. Normally it only happened around pretty girls he was hunting, the ones that he found more attractive than the last...'Oh...'

Normally it wouldn't have been that effective since he had only used a little, his eyes hadn't completely turned yellow. So...it wasn't just him? She had...'Oh...'

At least she was afraid of him though. If only by a little. unfourtunatley, he didn't like that idea. He didn't want her, or anyone really, to fear him. Why was life so complicated?

((YEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way Love, Death Note: Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases is a wonderful novel. BB is my hero~ *cough* I am not phsyco *cough* *cough*))

((Sorry!!))

Kagiso stopped running and let out a rather large shout/yell/scream as she released all of her frustrations. Pegasi back at the camp knew that scream because it is what she did after a large battle or when she had a lot of turmoil going on inside of her. They all went back to work and sighed knowing that she would either be cheery like Scorpo or she would be moody, but they wouldn't go to help her because she always refused help. And besides, she hardly ever did that so it was best for them to let her go. Kagiso, almost like a trained assasin, started to tear into vine-like humans as she let out her frustrations. She had told the grass and trees to come up at random times that way she wouldn't know where the next enemy would be. With lightning fast reflexes, she decapacitated several tree men with hands and one with her feet because of the force. The next three had their limbs torn from them which was rather frightening because the tree men were built in such a way to give lifelike structure and feel. Kagiso turned on another two tree men who appeared behind her and used an overhead kick to bring one of their bodies crashing down and then the other's nose broken and shoved into his brain. She stopped for a moment as more tree-men gathered and started to dispatch them as well in her frustration.

((No problem...my internet is soooo bad I have to go to Barnes & Nobles just to get a connection sleep.gif...))

Damon crawled out of the water, wondering where Kagiso had gone. He should at least apologize. At the sound of a frustrated cry he turned in that general direction, but was hesitant to be honest. Just apologize and run. Or try and defend himself? He didn't have a clue.

He saw her fighting with dummys, and winced as she shoved her foot into one of the tree men's head.

Maybe he should just turn around and go...

He didn't though, instead he idiotically pulled out his knives and came up behind one of the tree guys, stabbing it in the back before taking the head off. Then he continued to fight, waiting for Kagiso to do something.

Kagiso was so distracted that she honestly didn't even notice Damon walk up. The vine/tree men kept appearing out of nowhere attacking the both of them now since they had another enemy. Kagiso still tore limbs even though they were designed like a humans and even went so far as to finally turn on Damon and block a swing from his knives with a thick bark layer over her arms. She was breathing hard, and pain and hatred burned in her ruby red eyes as looked at him until it dawned on her that it was truly him. "Sorry. I didn't notice you were there." she said as she caught her breath.

Damon paused, not even breathing hard as he warily avoided eye contact this time. "No, not your fault." He said, taking a step back, twirling one knife absently in his hand. He didn't know if should appologize what was she to him? She was simply someone who had coaxed him to the camp, and one who hadn't chased him away because of waht he was, and...she showed him sympathy didn't she?

Maybe, after all these years of being alone, was he close to having someone close again. Someone that he could trust, because most that knew him knew that he barely even trusted Garuk, a projection of his personality.

"Kagiso, I'm sorry." He replied simply, eyes still turned towards the ground. His idea of speaking ang running wasn't going to work right now. His feet refused to obey his wishes. "I...I shoudn't have done that. I didn't mean to, not entirely. It just happened...it's been a long time...and I'm not as strong as I used to be. I'm sorry." He said, not completely what he should say, so he just said all of it.

Edited by ShadowDragonmouse23

Kagiso was confused now...confused and angry. This of course didn't help Damon much and she wasn't making this easy on him. "Sorry about what Damon? You're making no sense. Your a Deamon...it's not your fault and you shouldn't be sorry about it...and what do you mean not as strong as you used to be?" she asked him her eyes sparking with angry fire as she watched him closely. There was something that he wasn't telling her and she never knew all of the stories about them.

The Deamon shook his head, "I uh...Deamons can hypnotize people. That's how they, you know what I mean...I can't really control it as much as I used to be able to." He explained, pocketing his knives and running a hand through his messy hair. "It's probably because I haven't had any...sustanance, in a while. Still, that shouldn't have happened, and I'm sorry." He apologized again, wondering if he was repeating himself too much. "It happened without me really knowing it did is the strange thing." He chuckled nervously, shoving his other hand into his pocket.

He knew why it had happened like it did. No, it couldn't be that. He had only just met her, besides, like he had said before he hadn't had anything to quell his hunger. Yeah, that was it...

"You mean?" anger built up again and she turned around to keep herself from killing him on the spot. Somehow he was toying with her emotions and she wasn't going to make it easy on him. "You're forgiven." she stated simply as she took a deep breath and let it out slowly. She stayed in her human form and walked slowly beside the river. She didn't care if he followed or not, but she was tired both emotionally and mentally. The war over the past two weeks had been h*ll for all of them but the others had mourned it, she had not and now this boy....this boy that she actually liked for once who seemed worth his salt was fiddling with her mind!

((I think we should have a time skip....))

((Agreed...))

It had been two weeks since Damon had set off Kagiso. He tried not to talk with her, knowing that he only made it worse. Whatever 'it' was...

Sighing the Deamon leaned against th pole of a tent watching the camp moving about. It reminded him of a bee hive, scouts came back with food, women ushered childeren around, and the queen bee was hidden from the workers as she moved through them.

Emrai made her way over to their guest, crouching in front of him to have level eye contact. It was rude to do otherwise and seem more important. "I don't believe I got your name." She said simply. "Damon, Princess Emrai." He said, bowing his head. He was surprised as Emrai returned the gesture, "Pleasure to meet you, Damon." She then looked at him for a long moment, making the Deamon squirm. It was at that most unoportune moment that Garuk wanted to meet this new female. Damon growled as the little dragon climbed onto his shoulder. "Oh, I didn't realize you were a magician." Emrai smiled, "You must give us a preformance. Raise some spirits and awe the childeren." She said, smiling widely. Damon was shaking his head and smiling though. "Apologies, I don't preform well. Stage fright. I would hate for something to go wrong, being as scattered as I would be. It's a wonderful idea though, princess." The boy replied, waving the idea away. "Oh, I see. Thank you, Damon." The woman nodded and then glanced at the odd creature on his shoulder. Damon pulled open his shirt and looked at the creature sharply, saying something in a different language. The creature then slunk over and crawled into the shirt, turning into a tattoo as it went. Damon played with the grass as if nothing had happened, but Emrai knew one thing. That wasn't an animy, Damon wasn't a pegasus. He certiantly wasn't human either, they didn't have the strength to carry that kind of magic. With quickened feet, the princess moved to where she could sense Adlai was.

((maybe we should make it a little longer? Like a week or two? Ima gonna have this post written as a 2 week span, but I can change it later)

Adlai had been talking to all of his generals as well as his advisors along with the combined forces of the harka that he had been learning from for the past few weeks. It was difficult to admit that only two and a half weeks after their last battle, they had moved again further in the direction towards the Shadok lands and were about to be attacked yet again. Adlai's face was hard with a lack of emotion which meant simply that he was ready for anything and everything that would come at them especially with all of those that he needed near him. "Mixon, I need you to fly out with a patrol and make sure that they are at least a day or two out from us...if not that." he said and watched as a male pegasi just four years younger than he took off with another three scouts. "Tyra, gather the women folk that aren't fighting and make sure that they are behind those hills behind us that way they are protected for a longer time and have the children help in making those covers. Go." he said and a short Nike tribe member flew out of the tent and quickly had the women and children organized and moved over to the hills. The battle tent stayed where it was though as Adlai continued to give orders on sharpening weapons and making sure that thy had enough men.

Scorpo wandered around the camp not sure what to do. She was a young thing and didn't really mind that there was nothing to do even as she sat amongst the older women and men and listened to their battle stories and strategies. She was a young warrior and many of the adults were rather surprised that she still fought with them. When she stood up and looked around at the adults she giggled happily and pulled out her sword. "Cummon! Don't let this get us down! We should win anytime now." she said a glint of fierce belief in that statement in her eyes.

Kagiso had avoided Damon for the past two weeks. However she did take the time to sneak around him every now and then and listen to him talk to Garuk or to himself or just to anything. She was frustrated that he was a handsome man and was frustrated that she couldn't figure out what it was that made her so angry when she was near him. It drove her nuts to be near him, and sad to be away from him...maybe that was their magic? She thought and then shook her head as she walked by him her wings just brushing his leg. For a moment, she stopped and it looked like she was about to turn to him but instead she continued walking towards the battle tent.

((I was originally thinking a week or so but wasn't sure.))

Damon bit his lip as Kagiso went past him. He could try and talk to her, maybe they could figure this out. The only thing stoping him were his haphazard emotions fighting with each other. One wanted to be dominant while another wanted to shine through, meanwhile another was silently hiding from the world.

Now or never...

Now

Never

"Um, Kagiso?" He finally said, standing and turning to face her. He made no move to close the distance between them though. "I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't know what I want." he said, not having any idea if these were the right words or not.

He only knew how to swoon a female long enough for a kiss and then he was gone. He had no idea when it came to actually liking someone. "So I'll ask, what do you want?" Damon wanted to hit himself, somethign to make him shut up. This was going to end so badly. He was being an idiot and saying all the wrong things...although, the worst part was that he was probably not helping Kagiso either. He was only making it worse...and wahtever 'it' was is what he needed to find out.

Emrai slipped into the tent her prince occupied and gently placed her hands on his right shoulder, careful not to lean on his wings. With the silence of a feather she whispered, "What creature's besides pegasi can have Animy's that can turn into tattoos? Human's haven't the strength for them do they?" She asked, not wanting to jump to conclusions just yet. Damon seemed like an innocent young man who just has horrible luck.

Kagiso stopped when she heard her name and the barest breeze blew between them because of the lack of tents around them. They were on the bare field with only the battle tent in the distance. The feathers on her pure white wings fluttered in the self same breeze as her hands were loose by her sides. What did she want from him? She wanted to figure him out and figure out if she really liked him or if she was just stupid. Unfortunately for her, her dual nature was warring now. Should she just turn around and smile at him in that award winning way, or should she turn around and fling a barb of poison at him? Her hair was tied up and away from her face which revealed many scars that had been purposefully hidden underneath her long red hair. As she turned around to face him, her black armor contrasted starkly with her white wings and her ruby eyes shone in a mix of confused emotions. "To ask a girl what they want when you yourself do not know what you want, isn't the best idea." she said her voice dead pan for a moment but then evoking an emotion of confusion and pain and not being pleased with herself. "Damon, I want to know, why it is without your spell, I still like being around you even though I hate you for confusing me." she said wondering if that would make any sense whatsoever to him.

Adlai stopped giving orders for a moment as he turned to Emrai and shook his head in disbelief. "Emrai, you can't be asking me what I think that you are asking." he said then told everyone to get out of the tent and do as they were told. With another command, he had the harka woman stay in their with them and release the flaps of the tent and lit a lantern in the middle of the tent. "Evyndr, what do you think of this?" he asked her and she thought momentarily. "Many harka's tend to be females and our magic control is rather high comparatively to those that you are thinking of miss. However fading into a tattoo, is something that needs a fusion of your own mana to the item which is something that not even I possess." Adlai weighed the words for a moment and knew that Evyndr was over 250 years old...

((Lordy. I'm so sorry I've been gone so long. RL took a mean turn and things have been pure Tartarus at home and my new job. I'll be able to make an actual post if you don't mind telling an update.))

((No problems, been busy myself.

So pretty much if you can read this page you'll be in-the-know. Have no time? Your other option is a fifty-second digest by yours truly.

Damon and Kagiso are currently confusing each other and standing a little ways from the only tent left in the field, the battle tent. The rest of the tents were moved out along with the childeren and women because there are Shadok forces coming to attack.

We had a two-week timeskip. Adlai, Emrai and Evyndr are all in said lonely tent.

Did that make any sense? And was it even right, Love?))

"I'm being much too paraniod aren't I?" Emrai said absently, listening to the Harka's words carefully. She didn't want to assume this too quickly, but she was already thinking it. Even if she didn't want to know, she already knew. "Love, the boy had a tattoo that turned into some kind of dragon creature. I don't know if it's illusionist magic or not, but when I suggested he do a show for the sake of lifting spirits, he excused himself because of stage fright." The princess said simply. Knap moved around her feet, leaving a thin layer of ice over her skin that Emrai ignored. "I also heard him speak to it...but it wasn't in a tongue I know." She added then, looking between the Harka and Adlai.

"I think you should speak to someone he knows. See if they've noticed anything odd about him. If we're wrong we simply apologize."

The Deamon swallowed and dug his boot into the grass. This was all new to him...he'd never even known that his kind could feel this way. He'd never been shown what 'liking someone' was. He could barely guess. The way her armor shone and contridicted her wings wasn't helping him at all with trying to be slow and careful. "I like being around you, I do, but I'm partly not sure what I'm doing and also afraid I could end up hurting you." He admitted. "I'm still even wondering myself why you'd risk being near me."

Then the Deamon sighed, looking up slowly and daring to meet her eyes. "I want to be around you, but at the same time I don't want to hurt you so I keep my distance. So, knowing that, would you still want to be near me?"

((*facepalm* I'm more confused than Damon at the moment...maybe I need more sleep, or is it confusing to you too?))

((This looks good, and you are asking for more players, so...

Username: gistofeverything

Character name: Thage

Creature: Faerie

History: Thage had no idea that she was a Magical Creature. She was born and raised among humans, and they never suspected anything to be wrong with her. She was living a normal, mundane life, when her mother was found brutally murdered. She had rushed home, to find her father, being held up to a knifepoint by a burglar that had tried to rob their house. The intruder had tried to demand their valuables from them, but neither of them would say anything, so the intruder had slit Thage's father's throat. Thage screamed, making the wind rustle with the sheer power that emenated from her. She had gotten the burglar away from her life, but at a cost she would always have to pay. (Of course, she's at around a normal power level, just in case you're wondering!)

Side: Allied with the Shadok

Appearance: Coyote. ninja.gif Yes, I really did read the rules. And she has large, smoky-gauzed wings protruding from her back. I would like to keep her hair and eyes that color, if that's okay...

Weapon: Silence Glaive. This is your normal harvesting scythe, with a twist. Thage synthesizes a liquid that prevents blood from clotting, leading to gruesome battle damage.))

Edited by gistofeverything