((hmmm, well Casden is with the Emrai/Adlai group right? Well he could jump in there and then Evyndr, my Harka, is out in the open near the camp. I am changing one of my characters for Casden wink.gif Kagiso is currently occupied wink.gif

SSSHAHHAAADDDOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!! Scorpo is female now and this is her picture! She sooo cute!))

Edited by LoveLost

((I look away for five seconds...o.O. Hello BlueApollo! I have fixed your pictures, and all that good stuff smile.gif. Love, I changed the picture of Scorpo and changed all the him/he/his stuff to/her/she/her too. Because I have nothing better to do...

Yeah...:'( It's not right. Why'd they have to die?!?!?!?!? Well I know why but still!

I didn't like any of the characters after L died, but now I'm starting to watch them over and find that I do like them. Near's still slightly annoying but not as much, he's kinda cute smile.gif. (he's voiced by a girl too...))

He shivered as her expression changed and slowly followed. This might not end too well, even if she did keep his secrets, she still knew them. The Deamon pushed that aside as he entered the camp, his eyes moving to watch everyone around him. Kagiso quickly shooed their gazes away and said something about food.

'Hmm...' He thought, 'Now I want an apple...or something sweet at least. Thanks Kagiso...' He looked at her but kept his thoughts to himself.

garuk fluttered down and landed on his shoulder, the membrane between his front legs and sides disappearing with the way he was perched. "Don't be a nuisance." He muttered. At that moment Garuk decided to ignor his master and flitted over to land on a bag of wheat someone was carrying.

Naturally his claws sliced it open as he landed. Then as the person tried to remove the odd creature he dug his claws in to keep hold of his perch. This only ended with the wheat on the ground and Garuk flying back to Damon where he vanished into a tattoo again.

These new creatures frightened him. Growling and snarling at him. He'd only wanted to smell the bag and see what it was. Then it started moving, and he didn't want to fall so he held on. Now Damon was mad at him too...What had he done?

((I'll post Emrai later...XP I've been replying to this thing since 3:00 and suddenly lost interest as I switch between doing other stuff.))

((Sorry for being gone so long. Katherine is just too fussy if it's not me or Sam holding her so I haven't had much time to be on lately.))

"That would be lovely. That is if you don't mind me? And if you don't mind leading the way." Lyre nodded enthusiastically at the prospect of food and seeing Emrai again. Adjusting her belongings, lyre looked to Evyndr to lead the way. Lienay gave a feline sound of amusement and moved to walk near the other Animy. "Do think the Princess will be happy to see me? My family didn't want me to leave, but I couldn't not help the Princess."

Edited by Mijikoi

Casden kicked a pebble across his path nonchalantly as his thoughts roamed. He hadn't seen any fighting for the past few days (what a relief that was), and he was finally getting some time to heal and relax. Of course, he decided to spend it walking about in the open kicking a silly pebble around like nothing else in the world really mattered. His right arm throbbed where his recent injury had marked the once perfect pale skin. Now it was wrapped in crimson-stained gauze. Casden knew he would have to change the gauze soon before the bleeding soaked through the gauze again, but he knew he had at least another half a day before that happened. He would take care of it all later. He tightened the red band around his head and gave a high-pitched whistle. A white falcon came swooping out of the sky to land on his shoulder, her big eyes scoping the area warily.

"Relax, Elora," Casden cooed as he ruffled her feathers a bit. "I don't think we're in any trouble for the time being. Just be still, and don't grip my shoulder so hard. That hurts." Elora's gaze turned quickly and Casden quickly followed. He could hear voices from that direction, but he didn't exactly recognize them. His white wings spread behind him, read to take flight if it became necessary, but he kept his ears open. Maybe they weren't foes.

((Is there anywhere specific for Tari to be or should she just pop in somewhere?))

Edited by BlueApollo

((no worries Shadow smile.gif ))

Scorpo rode out into the open and started to just play. She was glad that they had had some sort of respite over the past few days and was glad that they had a knew recruit into the camp. However, she wondered where her friends were and heard some commotion over on the other side of camp. However, she looked over into the fields and noticed a white winged boy and thought she knew who it was. Her golden wings appeared behind her as she took off into the sky then landed beside Casden. "Hiya!" she said happily.

Kagiso rolled her eyes then continued to walk through the people around her. "Cummon now leave him be!" she shouted at them all and made her way to the camps cooking area as the other dealt with the spilled wheat. It would cost them all at least a days worth of bread. But Garuk wasn't used to people...yet. "Here you are Damon. The only thing we ask is that you don't empty the stores." she said with a wink at the person who was in charge of the food.

Evyndr couldn't help but smile at the much younger being as she lead the way to the camp. "My dear, I wouldn't mind leading at all. As to the princess, knowing somebody from her home would be a relief to her." Evyndr smiled as Veetan purred to Lienay and ran on ahead back to camp.

Elora jumped to Casden's other shoulder at the sight of the new girl. The falcon gave a squawk as Casden lowered his wings and folded them behind his back. Her golden wings were bright in the daylight and he thought he recognized them from somewhere, but he couldn't remember exactly where they were from. Elora gave another squawk and Casden quickly wrapped his hand around her beak to keep her quiet.

"Sorry about her," he said. "She's very defensive and paranoid, kind of like a guard dog. Anyway....uh, hi. I'm Casden from the Ty Tribe. Do I know you from somewhere?" Casden shifted his weight on his feet, trying to regain the composed, calm look that he had had before this girl showed up. Elora shook her beak from Casden's grip but remain quiet. Her head turned so that she could keep on large eye focused on the new girl before them.

Scorpo titled her head slightly as her golden curls caught in aslight breeze. She smiled at her animy, Brutus who had walked up beside her after chasing her to where she was. Don't do that again. he said to her with a huff. "I'm Scorpo of the Peerzea tribe. We're allies. Are you part of the Rebellion?" she asked him her eyes turning slightly hard to protect Emrai and Adlai who were almost like her surrogate parents.

((Oh and Tari can arrive at the camp, or appear with Evyndr.))

Allies. Good. All that fighting had made Casden feel rather disoriented about where he stood. His right arm began to throb again and he quickly shoved it behind his back, using his wings to shroud the stained gauze wrapped around it. Her question caught him off guard, though. He hadn't given much thought to where he stood on the rebellion, or anything else for that matter. He was fighting because his tribe was fighting, but Elora had always warned him that he was being naive about it all. She always told him to think more and to stop following others so blindly. He was independent now; his days of wandering were long gone and now he had to make decisions about his life that had never come up before. He didn't really know where the rest of his fellow warriors were, and now he had been presented with a decision. He could tell the girl straight up that he fought for his tribe, and his tribe only, or he could turn the tides and take on a new side. Elora gave Casden her most expectant glance like she already knew his answer.

"I'm part of the rebellion, just like you," Casden said. That was it. That was all it took for him to finally take his own stand. It felt good.

Tari pushed her sleeve over her arm again, a nervous tick that never seemed to leave her no matter how comfortable she felt. She was walking towards a camp and she could tell that her strange tail was already attracting enough attention. She kept it close to her legs, trying to obscure it from view as much as possible. Her big brown eyes took in the sights around her. The place didn't look like much, but something told her she was in the right area. Her ears picked up every sound around her, helping her gauge the area. She was in no danger here as far as she could tell. She wasn't the enemy here. She could hear others entering the camp behind her and turned, her eyes growing wide at the new sight. Another Harka was coming in. It was always a strange sight for Tari to behold. She had rarely seen another like her, yet they were always so open about themselves. She could never understand why. Her ears swiveled towards as she observed their movements and waited to see what they would do. Maybe she could learn a thing or two from their little group.

"If that's so, then I'm even happier I decided to come. The Princess is an admirable person. I hope she's been well." Lyre smiled brightly at the thought of being helpful, even a little bit. She giggled when she watched Lienay take off after Veetan with a bounce in her gait. "Although I think my Lienay is happier then I am to be amoung friends. We didn't have many of those at home."

Damon nodded to Kagiso. "I doubt you'll have to worry about that." he said. His stomach tended to be bottomless. He only ate because he wanted to, hence why he only enjoyed sweets. Although, he didn't think that they had his favorite treat. "An apple if you have one would suffice." He told the person. They disappeared and promptly returend with one in hand. "Sir." He nodded his thanks and took it, holding it away from Garuk as the little dragon stuck its head out to look at it. Taking a bite he looked to Kagiso, grinning slightly to reveal extremely sharp, pointed teeth. He was starting to feel less nervous now. Perhaps that was from the fact that he just now recalled what a Deamon could do to a pegasus.

Emrai placed a hand on Adlai's and flipped bakwards through her memories until she found the right place to start...

The walls were old and gray, vines were poking through gaps, growing lush and green. A few beams of sunlight cut through into the open room. A few birds flitted around while butterflys appeared as the shimmered through the beams. Emrai sat in a small wooden chair, reading through a book. Around her were towers of shelves filled with more books of different sizes and colors.

Knap bounced around as a fox, playing with several insects. His frosty coat shimmered in the half-light and the snow falling of him looked to be like magic dust.

The red leather-bound book was intracatly decorated with gold vines and written in the common tongue. The Shadow's Gift, it was called.

And within its pages were things lost in time to them all. Things that shouldn't be secret.

"It's about the Deamons." She said aloud, pulling the book from her knapsack and handing it to Adlai.

((The Shadow's gift.))

Edited by ShadowDragonmouse23

Evyndr glanced to the right of th camp and noticed a younger harka standing there looking nervous in some ways, and confident in others. "Hullo?!" she called in the language that the harka's used. She wanted to meet another Harka, and she always wanted to have new friends. "Around here, miss, you will find many friends. Even the battle hardened warriors here are friendly to new comers." She said to Lyre.

Scorpo smiled and stood beside Casden her curls bouncing gently. "Well then, since you made up your mind, I can talk to you freely." Her smile grew wider as she looked at Casden and her wings appeared again. "I like it that you have feathers on your wings. Always looks better in my opinion." she said matter-of-factly then shifted into her horse form which was rather oddly placed with her wings. her coat was black, and she had white socks, however her wings were a deep gold and weren't feathered at all. "So, wanna go meet the others Casden?"

"Daemons? Emrai, those haven't been spoken about for many years." His surprise was evident when she handed him the book and when he took it, chills ran up his spine. "i have a feeling that this isn't going to be good." He said as he looked into her rainbow eyes.

Kagiso smiled up at Damon and noticed his teeth. She had told him that she would keep his secret, and she intended to do so. "My what sharp teeth you have." she said making a joke about the old stories that were told about wolves and pegasi children. "Some on, you should see the rest of the camp." she said and somehow evened out for a moment to where she was the perfect combination of happy, and mellow. It was odd even for her. She led Damon to the far side of the camp which was near a river and smiled as several children with their wings just growing, run past them in both human and pegasi form. "This is where those that have children stay. It keeps them safe because they can swim or fly across the river and hold a position. The warriors stay on the right hand side of the camp, and all of our supplies, armorer, and everything else is on the left hand side." When she had turned around to point out where everything was in perspective to the river, a young girl who had dark red wings snuck up behind Kagiso. However it was rather obvious that Kagiso knew the little girl was there and turned around at the last moment and picked the girl up as both of them giggled uncontrollably. "You get along and help your mother with sewing. " She said and grew a small flower chain crown and placed it on the girls head before watching her run off.

The princess nodded, "I know, but I found something out about the assassin that lead to the library." She explained. "It's as if he wanted my to find it. I don't know why though." The girl flipped open a page and then searched for a certain chapter. She pointed to the paragraph explaining newer generations of Deamons. "This is after they were banished. They keep adding more history though. As if they're still alive and flourishing." She looked up at him then, biting her lip.

"Not to mention that apparently all of the young generations are taught how to fight as early as seven. I wondered why. The only reason I could think of was..."

Damon followed the pegasus, chuckling at her comment as he finished off his apple only in a few bites. "Good lay out. The only thing missing is the enemy camp." He comented, raising an eyebrow at her. He chuckled at the young child and watched them run off after Kagiso put her down. At the thought of inoccent creatures he suddenly felt his stomach growl. 'Not now...' He told himself. He couldn't risk it in a place where someone knew him, and what he was. Luckily the old generations who told their children stories about dark creatures were dead. So the young ones now assumed the stories to be myths. No one remembered that Deamons actually did steal souls.

((Dun dun dun!!!!))

((*eeeeppp!!! ohmy.gif ))

Adlai listened intently as Emrai spoke and looked at the book as she flipped through it. "Do you really think that they would still do that?" He asked her with worry in his eyes. If so, that meant that not only were they fighting the Shadok, working with relations with the Nike...they were now having to worry about a new found enemy.

Kagiso nodded. "We have been lucky this past week. There haven't been any attacks as of late, but we stay ready for anything." Kagiso heard his stomach rumble and looked at him with a curious glance. "Still hungry?" she asked him with a cute smile. "We have more food if you would like some." she said sweetly.

Damon smiled kindly, keeping his fangs hidden. She was actually being nice to him, no one else had ever cared. Actually...the only people who had been tied to his heart were murdered. That brought a sick feeling into his chest.

"No, thank you. I-" He paused, not wanting to lie when he didn't have to anymore. "I'm not hungry for food." He then wondered if she knew the stories. Surely she had.

Emrai shook her head, confused about it all. "I don't know, I just don't know..." She bit her lip standing up to pace a little. Knap watched her, his tail moving back and forth as well. "If we could find out somehow. I don't know how we would, but if we could get our hands on one we could make them tell us." She put a finger to her lips in thought. How would they get one? Would that be possible? No it wouldn't be, not unless one of them magically showed up. "Well magic is a funny thing..." she muttered.

Kagiso had been walking towards the river when Damon said what he did and she remembered the legends of Deamons and what they did. Luckily no one was around this part of the river otherwise they would have seen Kagiso's eyes flash dangerously. "Damon, I didn't think that that was true..." she said as she turned around, the cute look no longer there, and one of a stern, almost fully grown woman, taking its place.

Adlai sighed as he looked at the book. "i can't believe this...I just can't. If the assassin lead you there, then he must have some suspicion about this...it can't be ignored." He stood up, still wingless and looked at Veetan who loped into the tent after feeling Adlai's stress. "We have to tell the others Emrai."

The Deamon boy looked down into the water, upset. "Kagiso, it's been almost a year for me. I'm not a bad person for it. Only when I'm desperate do I even consider it." He explained. She did have a right to be angry. "I won't hurt anyone. I promise. In fact you can personally kill me if I do." he told her, showing that he was serious. After years he had tons of control, just as long as none of the females flirted with him he wouldn't give in. One kiss is all it took if he wanted...

Garuk churrped and flitted over to land on Kagiso, being gentle as he balanced without claws. He liked Kagiso, she was nice to him. He glanced at Damon and made a purring noise. To wich the Deamon growled at.

"You're pretty." The little creature told her. Damon was either red from being embarressed or he was ticked off. Garuk decided it was a mixture of both and stayed on Kagiso, away from his deranged master for the moment.

"That does bode for making life far more pleasant." Lyre nodded but otherwise fell into quite contemplation. She did however keep her eyes on the two Harkas content to wait to join in on their conversation after she digested what Evyndr had told her. I wonder what my Lienay is up to.

---

Lienay skid to a stop outside the tent, not feeling she should enter after the one she'd been following. The leopard huffed and moved to the right. Once she'd found what looked to be a comfortable spot next to the tent entrance, Lienay curled up and kept an eye out for Lyre with a low purr.

Veetan turned around and purred to allow Lienay in. He walked up to Emrai and touched her hand while speaking through Adlai. "This one belongs to one who knows you. Lyre is her name."

Kagiso smiled at him. Not that cutesy little girl smile, but a kind and happy smile. "Good." she said and was willing to take the chance to kill him if he harmed anyone here in this camp...however on the battlefield he was more than welcome to do as he wished. When the dragon landed on her shoulder she smiled and blushed as she looked at him. "Well thank you." She said and stroked his fur gently and was content to stay as this persona for a time. "Garuk, which me do you like more?" she asked him wondering if he understood her complexities.

The small dragon closed his eyes, purring. "Any, as long as they don't truly hate me." He said simply, not completely sure of what she meant. It was true though, as long as no one truly hated him then he'd be happy.

Damon turned his eyes from the dragon to his feet. The thing about Deamons subconcious projections, or Animy's, was that they could never lie. They always told the truth. This wasn't a big deal, but being the subconcious of their master, they spoke exactly what their master would say.

Hence why Damon was still red.

Emrai jumped slightly as she was pulled from her thoughts. She then gently stroked the Animy. "Thank you Veetan. Knap?" The fox looked up then, blinking his eyes to acknowledge her. He chirped and then headed out to greet the new Animy.

He sat down in front of the leopard as he shifted into his tiger form, purring in greeting. "Yes you're right." Emrai said to Adlai. "After meeting this new pagasi we'll tell them. Where is the new human by the way, with Kagiso I assume?" she then looked out of the tent and pondered something. "Perhaps you should speak with her, she may have learned something from him. He is a traveler after all." Travelers were never on anyones side, but they did know things about other places, other tribes.

Kagiso smiled. "I guess the legends are true then." She said looking at Damon as he looked at the ground. "Well Garuk, since both me's like you, then you have nothing to fear." She said directing her voice to both Garuk and Damon. "And I wouldn't worry much Damon...if you get hungry, there should be a few men coming this way within the next few days." It was common knowledge as to where the camp was, but they had just erradicated the previous forces sent to kill them. "Come and see." She said and walked over a knoll that hid the camp. On the other side was a field of total massacre but bodies were placed in large piles and were still being burnt. "This is what they send, and we kill our own kind to save our lives."

Adlai nodded to Emrai and took a step out nearly tripping over Lienay. "You must be the other Peagsi's Animy." He said kindly then looked outside of camp where Evyndr stood with the pegasi woman and another Harka. "Evyndr!" he said in Harka tongue since the older woman had taught him a few words here and there.

Evyndr was elated to see Adlai and ran over to hug him and then turned to Emrai. "The princess! you weren't lying when you said she was beautiful, Prince. At your service madam!" She said with joy then turned to Lyre. "I think you may or may not recognize this one. She is from the Nike tribe and her name is Lyre."

Emrai smiled kindly and glanced at Adlai. "Thank you Evyndr." She said, to the Harka. She let her wings stretch out and then tucked them away neatly again. "Lyre, hmm. Sounds familiar in a way..."

Damon nodded, his expression changing back to one of a blank piece of parchment. He was going to comment that the stories were completely true, but he assumed that the elders left out that part to not scare the children too much. He followed the woman to the top of the knoll and looked out over the field stained red still. It reminded him of..."Looks like home." He said simply, his eyes scanning the bodies. "When the Deamons were banished there was constant fighting and the valleys of rock turned into red stones from the ammount of blood. It never rains either, so there isn't a possibility ofit ever washing away." He explained. "There are still skeletons laying around where the battle fields were. We don't care about what happens to the dead, they're gone, why bother wasting time and space?" It sounded cold, but it was true.

((Emrai post fail...))

((LOL))

Kagiso looked at him knowing that it was true. She walked between the bodies reverently placing the arms and legs that hung out of the pile back and close to the body that they belonged to. "You Daemons may have different ideas than we Pegasi. But to us, each person is a mother, a father, a son, a daughter." She looked at the body of a young foal that had been killed in the fight and a strange emotion appeared on her face; pain. "However, I respect your ideas." She said turning away from the carnage and looking at the river. Thorns grew around her feet as she stood there just gazing a the river that was now washed clean from blood.

Tari suddenly stopped fidgeting with her sleeve. She heard her own language, something that had been tucked in the back of her mind for such a long time. Her tail behind her lifted as she looked up in curiosity. Who had said that? Her eyes caught sight of a fellow Harka, a rare sight that nearly took her by surprise. This Harka looked strong, wise, and confident; everything that she was not. Tari carefully observed the Harka's movements, the smooth and cat-like elegance of it all, like it was all so effortless. She held back when she saw the Harka and her fellow companions greet a couple who held the regal quality of royalty. Tari could see it just in their movements. She began to fidget with her sleeve again as she took a step back. She didn't know what to do in front of people like this. Would she shame her origins by dressing in such a way? Would they even notice what she really was? Well, it was kind of obvious by her appearance even if she covered most of her fur. She continued to observe the group, though, gauging their conversation from a distance and wondering when she would be able to communicate in her own tongue with the other Harka.

Casden was utterly amazed by Scorpo's personality. She was bouncy and happy, absolutely nothing like the pegasi that he had dealt with lately. They had all seemed so dreadfully tired and depressed. Fighting did that to people. Even though this girl looked like she had seen some conflict, she still managed to maintain her optimism, not to mention an appealing appearance. Casden immediately recognized the origins of her wings; she was of the Peerzea. She would have been an ally no matter what he had said, but as part of the Rebellion he had a better chance of making friends with this girl. Elora soared off his shoulder and took to the skies as Casden took on his pegasus form. His snowy white coat and feathers with the occasional touch of blue easily told of his home tribe. He lifted his head to be at eye level with Scorpo and said, "Lead the way."