darkangel787

City of Bones series by Cassandra Clare?

I absolutely loved these books! I can't always reread a book but these were so good that I reread them 3 times smile.gif

Still hard to believe it's over, but in a way it's not... There's still The Dark Artifices which stars Emma and Julian, and The Wicked Powers, which is supposedly set a few years after TDA. That is supposed to have Clary, Jace, and all our favorite characters from TMI in it. Also looking forward to The Last Hours, which is the sequel to Infernal Devices and stars James Herondale. <3 I have a good feeling I'm going to love him even more than Will and Jace.

I love this series, as well as TID, and TDA (well, I love TDA so far, anyways)

Magnus is probably my all time favorite book character, along with Alec. I also really enjoyed Tessa, Maia, and Iz--they were all very cool characters to me. Simon and Jace bickering amused me greatly, and Simon is a very cool character, but admittedly, Clary and Jace seemed a little.. unrelatable to me. I didn't find many connections between myself and them, so they weren't my favorites (not saying they weren't valuable though).

I am completely in love with Will, and Jem--they are very precious to me. Charlotte was amazing, and Jessamine was a cool person to see--A hero that detested being a hero. Henry was also very cute.

I really look forward to Julian, Emma, and the whole Blackthorn gang--that series seems great so far.

(I also liked Sebastian. He was evil, but he was written in a very interesting way, and I do feel bad for him)

I have read The mortal instruments and The infernal devices and I loved it. <3 My fav. character is Magnus and my fav. ship is Clace. biggrin.gif

Everything Cassandra Clare writes is a guilty pleasure for me. She heavily lifts plots and characters from everything she can get her slimy hands on, and is of extremely questionable moral character at best, but darn it if I can't help being entertained by her ridiculous books. The Infernal Devices is particularly good.

I think one of the biggest reasons I like Cassandra Clare so much is because she is not afraid to include risque topics in her novels but does so in an appropriate, ease-you-in sort of way for teens. She brings up topics of homosexuality and mental health in a world full of angels and demons and subtly suggests all religions are valid (which I believe too, btw). She also throws in incest a bit, but I still can't tell if she is okay with it or she thinks it is morally wrong. Personally, after reading A Song of Ice and Fire (book series for the show Game of Thrones) and watching the HBO show for Flowers in the Attic (which I want to read), I have come to see incest in a new way. I think she leaves it up for people to decide. After all, there are some Clebastian shippers out there. Weird, but there you have it. laugh.gif If you were to ask me, it is only wrong because the sister didn't want the brother, not because they are sister and brother. Hell, she even suggests angels have runes for birth control, hah! I knew it!

One controversial thing I am hoping she will bring up in future novels is the topic of hunger and disease in this world. I have read somewhere that the world has enough food in it to comfortably feed every single human being on the planet yet there are millions of people all over the world still starving to death and dying of diseases easily prevented with immunizations and simple health practices. This is just wrong. In the Shadowhunter's Codex it says that shadowhunters were created to protect and preserve mankind. Albeit, specifically when dealing with demons because they are built for that, but specifically, wouldn't starvation and disease count as a blight to the world too? It also highly annoys me when I read how almost all of these respected houses have so much money yet no one seems to donate to the poor. Seems kinda wrong to me. Clare so far hasn't really brought that issue up in her books yet. I hope she will.

Edited by purplenewt