darkangel787

City of Bones series by Cassandra Clare?

I loved these books! I read them in a course of one weekend, [one book a day] because they caught my attention so well. I absolutely loved them!

And i was sooo happy when Alex and Magnus finally got togetherr Magnus was hilarious at some parts. I thought is was soo cute!

smile.gif

I dont know which book is my favourite, i was actually pretty glad when Clary's mom came back. So i guess City of Glass would have to be my favourite, so many things got put in place in that book. smile.gif

Clary is annoying, but they are nice books. Not the "0h my God bestforever!" but they are easy, well-written and fun biggrin.gif I liked them

Opps, I haven't read the third book yet, and you kinda spoiled me a bit xd.png

Lol, my own fault though.

I like these books. Not love, but like.

And I have a question, does anybody know a good fan-site for these books?

I need to keep a closer eye on this one.

I read the books last year and I liked them.

They were easy to read and good stuff, but there was too less blood and death to satisfy my bloodthirsty nature wink.gif

I'm going to spoil some things, so if you're not done with the three books, don't continue reading!

The books were way too predictable and the end too happy. It was so easy to know that Jace and Clary aren't actually related. So obvious that there would be some crappy happy ending.

I was disappointed when Jace was revived. I hoped he'd stay dead. I don't like him. Really. I dislike him as I dislike this horrible sparkling vampire. So beautiful, so perfect, like an angel! OMG, he even IS some kind of an angel with his angel's blood! *pukes*

I liked Alec and Magnus tongue.gif And Luke.

But I'm gonna read the new books anyway.

Did I mention that I hate the original covers? The German ones are so beautiful!

Technically, the series is called "The Infernal Devices" but that's just a detail, lol.

I love these books.

Daylighter. WHAT!?!?!?

Reading the second book. Finished the first. Only own the first and second.

I actually stopped reading the second book halfway through (or a quarter. I forgot.), mainly because the book was overdue to the library. And it was kind of confusing at first.

Is the rest of the series good enough to continue? (I've basically abandoned those books, because I read them almost half a year ago. xd.png)

I love those books! Magnus, Jace and Simon are my favorite characters.

The first book was the best (five stars) and after that the books were pretty good.

*Spoiler*

The thing about Jace, Clary and Sebastian being related and then not related was weird. Imagine loving your sister and then finding out she isn't really your sister...

Just finished the fourth book

Spoiler!

Why doesn't someone please kill Jace? The books would be so much better without him. I liked the book, but on the last five pages it all became horrible. Why? Why do those books have to be all about Jace and how evil, bad and whatever he thinks he is? I want more Simon, more Jordan,more Alec and Magnus and LESS Jace and Clary.

The parts of the book which weren't about Jace and Clary and how much they love each other were great though.

dry.gif

Edited by Gluria

I've heard these were super duper good, and I'm planning to read them... hopefully before the movie comes out and they become super popular. Because I tend to take forever to get to reading books. xd.png

I got a Twilight vibe from this series.

That is never a good thing.

The first book was good, the series goes down hill from there. sad.gif

The first book was good, the series goes down hill from there. sad.gif

This.

I think that she should have split the series after the third book. 4 and 5 follow a completely different plotline.

I just read the fifth and I actually really liked it. So I'm probably going to read the sixth. Why must there always be something wrong with Jace at the end of each book?

I got a Twilight vibe from this series.

That is never a good thing.

Win! Can I has a permission to use it?

I have to many problems with this series. Das Sporking has pretty much nailed everything wrong with it (if you are planning to read and comment on sporkings, please follow the community guidelines)

Edited by PointOfOrigin

This.

I think that she should have split the series after the third book. 4 and 5 follow a completely different plotline.

I just read the fifth and I actually really liked it. So I'm probably going to read the sixth. Why must there always be something wrong with Jace at the end of each book?

Oh, is there still something wrong with Jace after the fifth?

Spoiler:

So that means he doesn't die? sad.gif

I was SO annoyed in the end of the fourth book. I had hoped Simon would be the main character and there would be MUCH less Jace and Clary, and the way book four ended it was already clear the fifth would be again mostly about those two annoying angel blooded brats.

It's not only that I hate Jace's never ending self-pity, I found out that I could really like him, if he'd stop always ranting about how eviiiiiil he is. The scenes between him and Simon and Jordan were really funny.

But as it is, I want him to die.

Meh.

Still, I like the books.

I like Luke, I like Magnus (♥) and Alec, Simon and Jordan as well. And I even start to like Isabell

But not Clary and Jace.

Edited by Gluria

Win! Can I has a permission to use it?

I have to many problems with this series. Das Sporking has pretty much nailed everything wrong with it (if you are planning to read and comment on sporkings, please follow the community guidelines)

Blimey, sorry I'm so late. I just never checked back. You may use it, but I guess it's too late to say so now, isn't it? ^^; My apologies.

I don't like the series. Too many poorly/weirdly written similes. The plot seemed to scream HP, and the Magnus x Alec stuff seemed like a not so great attempt at implementing "shounen-ai" elements into the story, imo.

I've read the first two books haven't read the others.

Clary seems much the Mary Sue (perfect yada-yada) but since Mary Sues seem so typical in young adult fiction I suppose it is all right.

I read the Harry Potter series and Twilight series and I must say didn't think much of either of them and I do find these books more enjoyable and more fun reading.

Yes, it may be predictable and the characters don't seem to have developed much - other then Simon becoming a vampire who can handle in daylight. - They may yet become developed and they may not I may have to read more to find out. But in spite of this it is good escape reading and enough battles.

So I'd say a fairly good and enjoyable read.

I haven't gotten to City of Bones or the Mortal Instruments yet, but I am reading the Infernal Devices currently.

Hopefully the Mortal Instruments aren't as bad as people say, because I really like the story-line so far.

However if it is as Twilight-y as people say, it wouldn't surprise me though.

That seems to be what gets little fan girls to buy the books sadly. unsure.gif

I am surprised nobody said anything about Heavenly Fire yet, the sixth and last book in the Mortal Instruments Series. I actually quite LOVED the Mortal Instruments. I don't know why so many people weren't really into it. I think it's gotten bad advertising, and the movie was terrible. I agree books 4,5, and 6 take on a different plotline, but that's because Valentine is dead at the end of book 3 and Clare wanted to keep going with the main characters, becauase she felt Simon as a character never got his chance to really shine yet. I also am weird in that my favorite character in all of this is Sebastian Morgenstern, the bad guy, lol. I usually boo bad guys, but this one is so complicated it's hard for me to truly hate him, given what's happened to him as a baby. And the ending of Heavenly Fire, wow, I so called it! Not going to spoil the ending, not unless someone else does first, but it totally made me want to start a fan fic about Jonathan Morgenstern. biggrin.gif

Am I the only one here who loves TMI???

I am surprised nobody said anything about Heavenly Fire yet, the sixth and last book in the Mortal Instruments Series. I actually quite LOVED the Mortal Instruments. I don't know why so many people weren't really into it. I think it's gotten bad advertising, and the movie was terrible. I agree books 4,5, and 6 take on a different plotline, but that's because Valentine is dead at the end of book 3 and Clare wanted to keep going with the main characters, becauase she felt Simon as a character never got his chance to really shine yet. I also am weird in that my favorite character in all of this is Sebastian Morgenstern, the bad guy, lol. I usually boo bad guys, but this one is so complicated it's hard for me to truly hate him, given what's happened to him as a baby. And the ending of Heavenly Fire, wow, I so called it! Not going to spoil the ending, not unless someone else does first, but it totally made me want to start a fan fic about Jonathan Morgenstern. biggrin.gif

Am I the only one here who loves TMI???

You're not the only one. wink.gif I read all six TMI and all three TID and enjoyed them immensely. My heart just about broke for Simon toward the end of CoHF after that thing with Magnus's father but before we find out that Simon's memory isn't completely gone, because Simon is, I think, my favorite character from this series. He's a geek like me, and totally socially awkward, and I find that endearing.

One thing I like about the series is how Clary and Jace's relationship evolved over time. Like at first Jace was super protective and didn't want to let Clary go into battle or do anything dangerous that Shadowhunters have to do, but by CoHF they both respected each other as equals and capable people and went into battle side by side.

And of course, I love Magnus Bane. Haven't read The Bane Chronicles yet, but I plan to after Christmas.

I've read some of the Bane Chronicles on my kindle but not all of them. I plan to buy the entire compilation at some point in the future. Also, for Christmas I'm getting myself the Box Set of the Infernal Devices trilogy! Go me! lol

This series is one of my favorites! (And TID(The Infernal Devices)) After I finished City of Heavenly Fire I couldn't believe it was finished, so I read it all again, lol. And like purplenewt, Sebastian's my favorite too somehow! I thought I was the only one, but then I realized there was a whole bunch more people that like Sebastian too.