dgray-girl

How big are our dragons?

Seragammas are like 6-feet long, form head to the tail base(human-sized)

2-headeds are larger... don't really know how large, but they can swallow a human id they wanted to.

Redfins are also roughly human-sized-body wise, but with fins and tail and all, they are like 6-8 meters long.

Edited by earthgirl

the mints on that size chart are a bit big don't you think

the mints description says

"They are much smaller than other forms of dragons"

but on the chart they are around normal size

If you look at the dragons that were around when mints first were (red, stone, grey, pebble/green, black, white, water, vine, gold, silver, zombie, purple, and even ND. Pinks, not so much), you'll find that, yes indeed, mints are much smaller than them.

:l this makes me feel like a horrible person for breeding her sweetlings with terraes...

(I guess at least I don't breed my sweetlings with my stone dragons...)

why aren't sweetlings classified as pygmies since they're shorter than the dark myst pygmy?

I realize that back then there weren't many pygmies so it would render the pretty breed quite useless... but I think that they should be breedable with the pygmies at least now since we have so many.

Edited by 626lavaheart

I think of pygmies about the size of cats. And most others ranging in size from a Shetland pony to an elephant. It is weird how different people think of different things...

How big are eggs?

h, that's like, the first post, the pygmy thing!

Anyways, I was thinking about the egg thingy, too... I can imagine like a 2 metre tall stone egg, and that's why nobody takes them home - because they're too heavy!!! Heheh!

Theoretically they could be the size of a large basketball, for the smaller breeds. I think the eggs would be maybe 1/15 or 1/20th the size of the parent dragons.

Edited by xeyla

How big are Black Marrows exactly? Are they shorter or taller than the average person? (I didn't see them on the sizing chart)

Wow, I never realized that sweetlings were so small, I've always imagined them as a tall breed o.o

Edited by anne

My dragons are all roughly about 1inch tall.

Hatchlings are disproportionately large being almost a full half inch.

Eggs are also quite large.

Aside from that, all dragons are roughly about the same size.

Yes, I know I have no imagination.

Honestly, this is how I feel. All my dragons are the same size to prevent mind bending.

Hey, Completely Different, would you be able to upload the updated chart to imageshack or imgur, or something other than Photobucket? I want to save the new one to my comp so I can overwrite my old one, and PB hates me =p

How much is the difference between dragon eggs of different species? (Non-pygmy)

So the biggest dragons are:

user posted image and user posted image

I always seen the Stone as being Massive, but the Terrae I always assumed were smaller sized. Interesting.

On that chart, how tall is the human? 5 foot? 6 foot? It doesn't state, so it's hard to tell.

Sweetlings are so small, it makes me want to cuddle one. ;_;

I wonder how big the new holiday dragons are going to be.

I always seen the Stone as being Massive, but the Terrae I always assumed were smaller sized. Interesting.

On that chart, how tall is the human? 5 foot? 6 foot? It doesn't state, so it's hard to tell.

I would say it's safe to assume the human is 6' tall. Usually when humans are the base of measurement they are 6'.

Thank you for making that chart. It helps me understand the size differences. (Aww, little Cheese dragon!)

Is there any word on how big Black-Capped Teimarrs are? They're not on the chart and I can't find anything about their size on the wiki.

I imagined them as the same size as Coppers (since that's what I bred my first one with), but the breed description calls them "a small and sociable breed", so...?

I have a feeling if the spriters divulge the size of tsunami wyverns, they're going to join the stone and terrae, since they're described as gigantic and able to create large waves.

Thanks for the chart, Completely Different. I knew sweetlings are tiny but I didn't know they're that tiny. I have a one with a terrae mother. Awkward coupling. At least sweetlings are a male-only breed.

Edited by dirtytabs

Wow, I'd imagined Mints to be the size of a dog. Everything else kinda fits the bill for my imagination though.

The olive dragon description says something about not being any bigger than a sheep, but nothing else on size for the other dragons I have yet, which aren't many yet as I'm new. I'm a major D&D fan, so I imagine dragons being pretty honking huge!

Thanks for the chart, Completely Different.

You are 50% welcome... =(

I like to imagine dragons as generally being huge, too. When I wrote the description for my first Zombie dragon, I assumed Waterwalkers were at least a formidable size. No way I'm rewriting it now; knee-high dragons don't instill as much fear as six-foot beasts, lol.

What! The mints are human-sized! xd.png I love seeing all this information though, now checking out how my usual breeding combo's compare in size, lol.

Is that chart based on shoulder height or should I take the height of the sprite and set that off against the length of the human?

I wish we knew how large the White and Winter are.

Edited by Mirhana

*Brushes off dust*

Any spriters want to add to the size charts here? How big are your dragons?

So far we have:

Nice chart! Now I can get a better idea of the size of almost all the dragons.

Man... my cave must be cramped with all these dragons... o.0

Okay, fixed, and with Shadow Walkers and Imperials added. To view full size click on the photo and then click to view the full size smile.gif

user posted image

Hosted on Postimage.org. Now everyone should see it OK.

Chart is based on a 6' tall human, at the top of their head.

The white dragon is shown right before the pygmy section. We also need the New Holidays on the chart: Grave Dragons and the Solstice dragons.

EDIT: Thank you Nine for updating the chart biggrin.gif

Edited by xeyla

The white dragon is shown right before the pygmy section. Seasonals are not on this chart yet. I can try to PM the spriter and ask them the size/s. We also need the New Holidays on the chart, and the new Prize once it is revealed.

~~Needs adding~~~

Seasonals are after Ridgewings, before Shadowwalkers. I didn't have any spriter info to go off of, so I just put them as a typical medium-sized dragon.

Edit:

I added Duotones, Seragammas, and Red-finned, but not Royal Crimsons because I thought, "(measuring from the ground to top of the head when standing)" might be referring to a bipedal stance. Reading it over, I see I was wrong and that the artist probably was talking about a normal, quadrupedal stance. Oops!

Updated.

Edited by Nine