dgray-girl

How big are our dragons?

Shadow Walkers are about the size of an Arabian horse. Yes, you could even ride one, if you can get it to stay corporeal long enough to let you mount. They're rather shy.

Shadow Walkers are about the size of an Arabian horse. Yes, you could even ride one, if you can get it to stay corporeal long enough to let you mount. They're rather shy.

Oh sweet! *-* Now I want to ride them. laugh.gif

But that is exactly how I have imagined them (pony like) - as their sprite has something about a horse too. *^-^*

I imagine the hellfire wyverns to be bus sized. I think the sunset/sunrise would be about the size of a horse or lioness. I also think the guardian dragons would be huge and the deep sea dragons would be as long as a cruise ship but not very thick, like a huge snake

I imagine dragons in all sorts of sizes. One thing, though, I see NDs as smsll-ish large.

But, looking at the old Zombie sprite, who'd want to encounter that as big as the Winter Magi are?

It would be terrifying to meet a zombie dragon with a toenail bigger than you. If I met one that big I'd run for my life. Quite honestly, I thought winter magi dragon would be a little bigger than a horse- I didn't think it would be a longer skinnier elephant sized dragon

In-universe, I picture them as largeer, but as a player on this site, I like to think of them as tiny dragons fitting in ones hand.

If you want to go by the dragonology book:

Wyverns adult would be about 50 feet long and 18 to 20 feet high

Ice 40 feet long and 12-15 feet high

Earth 45 feet long 13-17 feet high

Lindworm- We need them (though the lag monster i have seen so many of looks like one)

And Now that i have done a good job of making myself look like a geek lol im gonna go crawl back into my knucker hole

EDIT: In retrospect the vine gives you some idea of its size in its description, I would imagin them maybe no longer than 10 feet long, your guess on height)

Yes. I was also going by a dragon book of mine. Average is 16-20 feet tall.

Anyone have any theories about how big the SoulPeaces and Shimmers are?

I know someone was saying that if they're eggs are about large pearl-sized, then the dragon can't be too huge, but I wasn't sure.

Anyone have any theories about how big the SoulPeaces and Shimmers are?

I know someone was saying that if they're eggs are about large pearl-sized, then the dragon can't be too huge, but I wasn't sure.

I have no idea about Shimmers, but Earthgirl posted this on the previous page:

user posted image

Average-sized human. ^^

Like aynessa said the wikki has some size references. From what I read there I always picture the Draks like the are dog sized like others have said. I'm always thinking back to what I read in Dragonology when I picture sizes.

I imagine the biggest dragons to be about the size of a truck/lorry maybe some even the size of an airplane, the medium sized ones the size of elephants-rhino's and bizons, then there's also those who'll prolly be about the same size as a horse and the smallest the size of a cat or Guinea pig

*Brushes off dust*

Any spriters want to add to the size charts here? How big are your dragons?

So far we have:

OK, so I made an updated version of the size chart, including Soulpeace, Royal Blues, Tri-Horn Wyverns, Turpentines, Coppers and the corrected Neotropical size.

user posted image

user posted image

Average-sized human. ^^

Here's a kind of crappy size chart I made for the harvests, tangars, and greenwings.

user posted image

The little man is supposed to be about 6 feet tall.

user posted image

Size chart for my kiddos - pygmy, water walker, Ember and striped.

Pygmies are under a foot in length and weigh a kilo or less.

Embers are shorter than stripes in height, but longer in length (and heavier.) Also, when rearing (IE, male pose) an Ember would be around eight or nine feet tall...

WWs are around three feet tall, and the walking-on-lilypads is based off of the Intermediate Egret, which can do just that (they are also 3 feet tall. Just so you know.) They do this through their massive massive feet and skinny toes, like Northern Jacana do. Weight distribution FTW.

Ooo, I never did say anything about the Royal Blues in here, did I?

I see them being about 10-12 feet tall, standing normally, from the ground to the top of the head.

Size on the new dragons... shall follow. :3

Okay, I realised that I don't think I ever gave any size information about the Tri-Horn Wyvern. They're about a head or so taller than a fully grown man, and about a third wider in the body (not counting the wings, obviously). While they couldn't manage to carry a fully grown human, they could carry a thirteen year old child.

(Their prey tends to be things smaller than humans, though they are a pack species, and will work together to bring down something larger if the opportunity arises.)

FYI turpentines are fairly small, at the shoulder they would be about as tall as this great dane:

user posted image

Their heads would reach higher though given their longer necks.

I believe Jazi has stated that Neos are roughly the size of golden retrievers?

Hmm, coppers need to be in there somewhere. They're good sized beasties, in the neighborhood of silvers and golds. They are about 8 feet at the shoulder.

~~Needs adding~~~

I asked Mysfytt about the Duotone size:

Size: quite large, 12 feet at the shoulder (4 meters)

Forgot I hadn't posted the Royal Crimson info here yet! They're about 20-25 feet tall (measuring from the ground to top of the head when standing).

Seragammas are like 6-feet long, form head to the tail base(human-sized)

2-headeds are larger... don't really know how large, but they can  swallow a human id they wanted to.

Redfins are also roughly human-sized-body wise, but with fins and tail and all, they are like 6-8 meters long.

Edited by xeyla

Hmm, coppers need to be in there somewhere. They're good sized beasties, in the neighborhood of silvers and golds. They are about 8 feet at the shoulder.

My dragons are all roughly about 1inch tall.

Hatchlings are disproportionately large being almost a full half inch.

Eggs are also quite large.

Aside from that, all dragons are roughly about the same size.

Yes, I know I have no imagination.

My thoughts exactly. xd.png

the mints on that size chart are a bit big don't you think

the mints description says

"They are much smaller than other forms of dragons"

but on the chart they are around normal size

I imagine the mints to be slightly larger than a pygmy but they appear to be about the size of a cow in Haunting in Aliset. Edited by Booo

OK, so I made an updated version of the size chart, including Soulpeace, Royal Blues, Tri-Horn Wyverns, Turpentines, Coppers and the corrected Neotropical size.

user posted image

...I just realized that I forgot to put Shadow Walkers on there, but since I'm lazy, that may need to wait until another mass update. If anything seems wrong, just speak up.

Edited by Completely Different

Can we see the full-sized version of the chart? can't understand a thing from it at this size.

If you click on the image, it takes you to the photobucket page, with a shiny magnifying glass in the corner that lets you see it full-size (I had to click a couple times to zoom in enough for my screen size).

I guess the Sweetlings are the size of pygmies? Why aren't they pygmies then? How is a pygmy classified?

EDIT: Thank you Completely Different for updating the chart smile.gif Just one question: the Stone rectangle, it seems cut-off on the top? Not sure if that was intentional.

Edited by xeyla

Imperials are roughly around hip height of the average adult human (while on all fours), and stand about as tall. They are relatively small compared to other dragons.

smile.gif

Okay, fixed, and with Shadow Walkers and Imperials added. To view full size click on the photo and press the little magnifying glass symbol smile.gif

user posted image

It is amusing how many dragons are smaller than mints these days.

Tiny update for your chart:

I asked Mysfytt about the Duotone size:

Size: quite large, 12 feet at the shoulder (4 meters)

Forgot I hadn't posted the Royal Crimson info here yet! They're about 20-25 feet tall (measuring from the ground to top of the head when standing).