dgray-girl

How big are our dragons?

After reading the whole thread, this was pretty much my thought too. I mean, quite a few users have 500+ dragons... All living in one cave? That's one ****ing huge cave. xd.png

Lol, at this point my basically have their own country. xd.png

i like to imagine dragons the size of the wall. (3 meters high 3 meters long.)how about riding them?

EDIT-now that ive read more, i imagined a dragon's tooth would be three meters! ohmy.gif

Edited by brightfruit

I am not sure exactly how big most of them are, but I have always pictured Albinos as being big, huge, like house size, dragons like pinks seem to be closer to horse or draft size, about 6-8 feet from the ground to shoulder. Stones are also massive, but not like house size. Blacks, greens and most other dragons fall somewhere between. I picture dark greens as large house-cat size.

Artists have been working on sizes, although they haven't made it very obvious. Still, I've heard a thing or two.

Pygmies are cat sized, as the description says. Mints I've always imagined are about the size of a komodo dragon. BBWs are the size of a full grown man. I'm pretty sure that Magi and Horse dragons are the size of draft horses. Stone dragons are the largest, although I'm not sure how large.

Believe it or not, Mints are the size of a small car. I remember the artist saying that once...

I've always pictured normal dragons (any type other than the tiny breeds) to be about the same size, growing larger as they age; partly it's that all the sprites are the same size, partly because this means they can all live in the same accommodations (one cave) and any type of dragon can hold its own against any other type in a duel.

Also, I kinda assume that none of these dragons are large enough to be invulnerable to the attacks of humans - big enough to beat large numbers of them, sure, but enough swords blows and arrows would bring them down.

I've thought about it but always wondered about the official sizes.

In my mind when i think dragon i think big (between horse to bus size or so) most being easily big enough to carry a full grown person but not any bigger kind of size.

For those of you who have played monster hunter i imagine hellfires being the same size as a rathalos.

Pygmys, pumpkins and mints being the exception which i always think large dog sized. Blunas and the other sea types being around great white shark sized except waters which i see as a good whale sized when fully grown.

I'm so going to have to make my own chart now thinking about it xd.png that must be one massive cave

Edited by whitedragon313711

I've always gotten a sense that the dragons are large, with the exceptions of the Pumpkins, Pygmies, and Drakes. I'd be interested too in what the spriters have to say.

Edit: whitedragon313711, a Rathalos is pretty big, I think that's a good comparison. I wonder if any of the dragons are Lagiacrus-size?

Edited by purpledragonclaw

"Terrae dragons are primarily herbivores who prefer to eat from the tops of trees. However, due to their massive size, they must rely on small, specialized scales to absorb and convert energy from the sun. Since they live in tightly-knit groups, this form of energy absorption helps preserve the forests in which these dragons reside."

I guess terrae dragons are massive.

o.O wow. theyd be hard to keep as pets.

"fluffy! its feeding time!"

*fluffy comes in and destroys the entire town*

"...."

Lol. I suppose I never really gave much thought to it, besides pygmies being small. Medium-sized ones i'd think would be about the size of a big dog?

I never really thought about that. I guess I've always thought of the hatchlings as cat-sized, but I've never thought about the adults...

Pebbles are as big as Mt. Everest.

The artist of the pebbles says so, lol.

Edited by Ashes The Second

I think that they are, the little ones like a dog. Then, the little - medium are like elephants, the mediums are a bit bigger than an elephant, and the big ones are like a normal dragon of a movie xd.png

apart from pygmies, no dragons seem to have a set size, at least, i havent found anywhere that says it. how big do you guys think the dragons are? be specific about type, and if you feel like it, gender. mostly just doing this cos im curious, but it would help hen picturing rps. i keep picturing them all mountain-sized and its mucking up my playing xd.png

for one thing, i think deep sea dragons would be about six metres long (thats 19 feet for you americans), and the waterdragons would be a bit smaller, maybe about 5 or 4 and a half meters long.

Well, if a chicken egg is one-third the size of a dragon egg, a hatchling dragon can't be much bigger than 3 times the size of a baby chick.

Now, considering they spend years growing up after that, they could still reach quite a large size, but the idea of a tiny handheld baby is insanely adorable!

I imagine the night/day glory drakes to be around 10 feet tall, the normal size of a blue spruce tree.

I always imagine them at least big enough to ride on, but never larger than an average house.

I'd always thought of them (for the most part) as being small enough to comfortably interact with humans in a human city. For example, in my various descriptions, I have magi and white dragon shopkeepers and nocturnes who guard a city (Dragontown), imitating statues during the day. I see most dragons as being, say, 4-6 feet high at the shoulder, with the exception of small breeds like pygmies, drakes, mints, daydreams, and so forth, and a couple larger breeds like geodes, stones, and terrae (terraes?). Hatchlings range from the size of a kitten to the size of a medium-sized dog, depending on breed (with pygmies being small enough to curl up in the palm of one's hand, as the description states).

i think you compare dragon sizes with dinosaures.

the water living dragons must be very big

and the legendarys ice,magma and electric must be the biggest cause:

i think the electric are as big as clouds.

and the ice must be also very big and

the magma has got his own volcano as swimmingpool laugh.gif

and the GoN is rather small but it's the most powerfull one

The bigger ones besides the normal dragons have like 4 meter long claws.

10-11 normal builded human could stay comfortably in their paws.

Do the math.

Sweetlings are three feet tall and light enough to ride on people's shoulders.

Dove has stated that the Skywings are about the length of a bus.

And leetle trees are one and a half feet tall X3

I'm a fan of horse-sized dragons, because massive land animals eat up resources and magic is not a cure-all answer. Water dragons can be larger, because they're supported by the water they're surrounded by (whales, anyone?)

I for one am glad we don't have land whales. Otherwise there would be no trees left~

Dragon sizes obviously vary a lot based on breed. From various artists, things I've heard...

Mints are the size of a car (and these are little guys!), Rock and Pebble really are the size of mountains, pumpkins are only as big as a housecat, at most.

dunno if its been mentioned yet, but the waterwalkers are like pygmies apparently. "They spend the majority of their lives on the water, retreating to the tops of lily pads when the waters become too rough to float atop"

I personally see waters as being the same size as Lung (or possibly even a type of Lung, due to the frilly bits and lack of wings), so they would be... *grabs Dragonology book* about 40 feet long. however long 40 feet is. I don't know, I don't speak imperial measurements.

what type of Lung they are I can't tell you, because I can't see their feet.

gawd I'm such a nerd...

EDIT: and the tail. they have a feathery tail.

and they live in water.

and whiskers.

pretty much, they're Lung.

Edited by dracocharky