dgray-girl

How big are our dragons?

The information on Draks (Drakes) says they are the side of kittens up to dog-sized, so I picture Orchedrakes being about the size of a medium-large dog, like a Husky or a German Shepherd. biggrin.gif

Glories are the size of kittens? o_O That's so tiny.

It makes them so much cuter. ;A;

@ Moondance18: That, or assuming they're often seen from a distance, which would make them appear smaller. x) Wait, bats are pretty small right... I'm going by the bats I've seen in my lifetime and they were all much smaller than kittens. :P

Hmmm, if Day/Night Glories are kitten-sized....

I guess Ochredrakes can't be big dog sized! It wouldn't work too well! xd.png

So maybe cat-sized?

Hmmm, if Day/Night Glories are kitten-sized....

I guess Ochredrakes can't be big dog sized! It wouldn't work too well! xd.png

So maybe cat-sized?

Well, I think it works just as well as the humongously massive stones (at least the size of a building, at most that of a mountain) and say...a car-sized mint, or a human sized BBW. Just don't think about it too hard.

Well, I think it works just as well as the humongously massive stones (at least the size of a building, at most that of a mountain) and say...a car-sized mint, or a human sized BBW. Just don't think about it too hard.

laugh.gif I'll stick to Draks for now! Only three of them so its easier!

Trying to imagine how a Magi breeds with a Water Dragon to make a Shallow Water just boggles my brain! tongue.gif

laugh.gif I'll stick to Draks for now! Only three of them so its easier!

Trying to imagine how a Magi breeds with a Water Dragon to make a Shallow Water just boggles my brain! tongue.gif

I remember for a short period after the Deep Seas were released, TJ implemented it so water based dragons could only breed with other water bound ones, presumably to sort of fix that logical gap. People rebelled angrily, so that quickly disappeared, though.

I remember for a short period after the Deep Seas were released, TJ implemented it so water based dragons could only breed with other water bound ones, presumably to sort of fix that logical gap. People rebelled angrily, so that quickly disappeared, though.

OH, neat! biggrin.gif

I was meaning more, I picture Water Dragons as like...medium to large whale sized (Blues, Baleens) and Magi being like...car-sized, so around half at most. I'm trying to figure out how that romancing works! tongue.gif

I'm primarily a visual learner so this chart was like 'Yay!' for me to look at. 83

Chickens smaller than humans? Why I never! ohmy.gif But seriously, nice chart. ^^

Haha =D Well I suppose in DC land, chickens could be the size of a house... the egg is labeled as being tiny, but who knows how big they grow!? It would explain why chickens eggs aren't exactly prolific in cave..

Was browsing through my hard drive when I found this thing I did and then forgot about, I guess. It's a size chart of what I estimate each dragon's size to be, using what info I could remember like Mints being the size of a car, glories = kittens, BBW = man, and such.

Here's a link, doesn't include most Holiday dragons (lazy!) =o

I took plenty of liberties with most of the breeds, no offense meant towards the breed artists, I do not own the little dude-man picture, other disclaimers, etc. etc.

Anywho, maybe that'll give people something to look at and compare to-- feel free to point out things you may disagree with, I say! S'all meant in fun.

Waterwalkers can stand on lily pads, so they must be really small. Or there are very large lily pads. I figure they would be like frog sized, or no bigger than an full grown iguana.

I think you got the Pygmies, the Bright-Breasted Wyvern (of course), Zombies, Neglected, Chickens, and the Glory Drakes right. But I would say all others need to be doubled in height. It says in the BBW description that they are smaller dragons. So the rest of them, save for the Waterwalkers, would be a lot bigger, as I see it. Comparatively though, I think you got most of the ratios correct.

I see most dragons as being as large as an SUV, and Stones just towering above a human, as tall as a 3-story building I figure.

Pumpkins are the size of a cat, just like Pygmies. I believe the creator said so.

your

I think: Paper Dragons are the size of a letter. Cheese Dragons are the size of a wheel of cheese. Dinos are all Yoshi-sized. Vampires are about as big as a car, I guess Black Marrows would be as well.

Yulebucks are the size of an elk, maybe a little bit bigger. I think Shadow Walkers are about the size of a horse, but I don't know why. Snow Angels are the size of a horse, Tinsel Dancers are the size of a draft horse, and Winter Magi are the size of a small car. Valentine Dragons are the size of a big car. Sweetlings are double the size on the chart. Rosebud Dragons are the size of a horse.

Waterwalkers can stand on lily pads, so they must be really small. Or there are very large lily pads. I figure they would be like frog sized, or no bigger than an full grown iguana.

I think you got the Pygmies, the Bright-Breasted Wyvern (of course), Zombies, Neglected, Chickens, and the Glory Drakes right. But I would say all others need to be doubled in height. It says in the BBW description that they are smaller dragons. So the rest of them, save for the Waterwalkers, would be a lot bigger, as I see it. Comparatively though, I think you got most of the ratios correct.

I see most dragons as being as large as an SUV, and Stones just towering above a human, as tall as a 3-story building I figure.

Pumpkins are the size of a cat, just like Pygmies. I believe the creator said so.

your

I think: Paper Dragons are the size of a letter. Cheese Dragons are the size of a wheel of cheese. Dinos are all Yoshi-sized. Vampires are about as big as a car, I guess Black Marrows would be as well.

Yulebucks are the size of an elk, maybe a little bit bigger. I think Shadow Walkers are about the size of a horse, but I don't know why. Snow Angels are the size of a horse, Tinsel Dancers are the size of a draft horse, and Winter Magi are the size of a small car. Valentine Dragons are the size of a big car. Sweetlings are double the size on the chart. Rosebud Dragons are the size of a horse.

Sweetlings are actually three feet tall and light enough to ride on people's shoulders c: They're thin and surprisingly light, weighing around 10-15 pounds.

They're small and derpy.

In fact, Winter magi are a bit on the large side... Can't really think of a comparison term, just keep in mind that they are larger than the rest of the Christmas dragons. ^^

Hmmm... The size of a truck, mebbe?

It depends on the truck.

Dis has stated that Snow Angels are the size of a bull moose.

It depends on the truck.

This truck should be relevant enough on what a butterbutt's real size is. ^^

Edited by earthgirl

Here's a kind of crappy size chart I made for the harvests, tangars, and greenwings.

user posted image

The little man is supposed to be about 6 feet tall.

Edited by JOTB

Well there goes my image of winter magis being cute tiny little things. XD

I'm not sure why, when it comes to the Christmas dragons, I always thought the height order (from largest to smallest) was: Holly > Ribbon dancer > Yulebuck/Snowangel > Winter magi (Butterbutt 8D)

Perhaps that Mint mate was ill advised.... ohmy.gifwink.gifcool.gif

There actually are giant lily pads out there, and I think the record for an Amazon variety was 6ft in diameter. Don't quote me on that, haha... but yeah-- big lilies out there =) I always envisioned Walkers as being hollow-boned or super light and fragile.

The problem I have with taking dragon descriptions of "small" and "large" into account is that things change a lot as time goes on. Mints were described as being one of the smallest breeds, and at the time of their debut they certainly were. I don't know if that's entirely true anymore, with little Sweetlings and kitten Glories running around =o

Edit: I'ma fix my chart as artists continue to release info about their dragons' sizes =D It's cool to hear more about the dragons on our scrolls.

Edited by Nine

I think normal sized dragons would be about a couple of storeys tall then the small ones the size of humans or smaller. How about the weight of the dragons? Haha.

I think normal sized dragons would be about a couple of storeys tall then the small ones the size of humans or smaller. How about the weight of the dragons? Haha.

Dragons usually fly, so they can't be too heavy.

user posted image

Size chart for my kiddos - pygmy, water walker, Ember and striped.

Pygmies are under a foot in length and weigh a kilo or less.

Embers are shorter than stripes in height, but longer in length (and heavier.) Also, when rearing (IE, male pose) an Ember would be around eight or nine feet tall...

WWs are around three feet tall, and the walking-on-lilypads is based off of the Intermediate Egret, which can do just that (they are also 3 feet tall. Just so you know.) They do this through their massive massive feet and skinny toes, like Northern Jacana do. Weight distribution FTW.

Thank you for the charts! It's always very awesome to see what the creators intended. biggrin.gif

That's an awesome chart, Vicats. Loving all of these visuals. tongue.gif

Pygmies are just adorable! I always imagined embers to be thicker but I do like the way they look. <:

*wants to see a comparison chart including sweetlings o3o*