dgray-girl

How big are our dragons?

Hmm. Well Sweetlings might be about human size, since it describes them as small. I like to think that Pillows are about 5x a grown human :3 Imagine the fluff!

Hmm. Well Sweetlings might be about human size, since it describes them as small. I like to think that Pillows are about 5x a grown human :3 Imagine the fluff!

I want one. so big and FLOOOOOOOOFFFYYYYYY!!!!

As stated on the last page, they reach a height of three feet tall and can comfortable ride on a grown human's shoulders c:

When I made them, I wanted something small, derpy, and cute.

In fact, when Sweetlings hatch they're six inches tall and double to twelve inches at the end of their first week of life. They're cute little needy, annoying bundles of clumsy joy.

As stated on the last page, they reach a height of three feet tall and can comfortable ride on a grown human's shoulders c:

When I made them, I wanted something small, derpy, and cute.

In fact, when Sweetlings hatch they're six inches tall and double to twelve inches at the end of their first week of life. They're cute little needy, annoying bundles of clumsy joy.

it would probably get lost in a pillow dragon xd.png

I've always imagined the dragons to be similar in size to dogs, with only the very biggest big enough to ride and the smallest being the size of kittens. It makes them cuter :-)

I would imagine the GoNs would be VERY large. alot.png And maybe an 6m wing span on a Thunder dragon?And a crimson flare pygmy Chihuahua size? laugh.gif

pillows aren't TOO, too big xDD

around 4 and a half, to 5 feet tall at the shoulders.. just without its fur. imagine a great dane(slightly bigger), but with enormous amounts of fluff.

I imagine most dragons as about 15 meters long.

Deep Seas at least 25 metres, large ones up to thirty.

If they were much bigger, they would be to heavy to fly. The largest breeds (Stone, GoN) up to no more than 20 metres.

I can't help but think of the stone dragon as MILES long.. I went into a lava tunnel and it looked so much like a dragon's throat that I almost believe that there is a giant stone dragon just lying there with its mouth open. tongue.gif

Hmm. I really do wish the creators could add a little scale into the descriptions. I like knowing how big things are. I always pictured the water dragons to be the length of medium whales and most other dragons to be in between large horses and tractor trailers with stones being the size of small houses. I always pictured drakes as about the size of horses. And most of the pygmies being dog-sized. It's a shame someone can't draw up something that displays the dragon's outline next to a normal human like how you often see dinosaurs being compared in that manner. Or the pokemon games in the pokedex.

I can't help but think of the stone dragon as MILES long.. I went into a lava tunnel and it looked so much like a dragon's throat that I almost believe that there is a giant stone dragon just lying there with its mouth open. tongue.gif

Actually, I recall reading a number of times over the years that the Stone dragons really ARE mountain-sized, so that's a pretty accurate picture you present, lol.

Hmm... I imagine the pygmies/pumpkins as housecat sized, with Glory and Ochre Drakes about medium-dog sized. Pinks, Purples, BBWs, Daydreams, Horses, Stripes, Silvers, Whites, and Nebulas(Nebulae?) as larger than horses but smaller than Reds, Greens, Embers, and Electrics which I imagine are as big as semi-trucks. imo, the largest (around Dinosaur sized) are Terrae(s?), Harvests, Trios, Stones, and GoNs.

i always imagine the large ones as being about 20-30 ft. tall, and the smaller ones being about the size of a large horse.

I'd like to say they don't ever really stop growing, but I really don't intend on them being the size of mountains. x: It's hard for me to set a size for them really.

I honestly feel like if I set a size, it ruins the feeling of imagination on your half. For example, I used to think that skywings were HUGE and super thick (like for any of you who have played shadow of the colossus, phalanx is the thirteenth Colossus in the game, who is pretty darn big). When I found out they weren't even a half the thickness or nearly as long I felt a little bummed, but of course I understood that that was Dove's decision and accepted it.

I'd like to say that in the group most of them are big, but not ridiculously so, and the 'leaders' just are massive. Since they were based off of sauropods (well..those and deer) I would say they can reach those heights or bigger, minus the neck and tail. Similar to dungeons and dragon's dragon size.

But again, I really want you guys to think of WHATEVER sizes you want, they're your dragons <3! If you'd like them to sit in your lap, so be it. If you want them to be the size of the sun and eat planets, go ahead x]!

Edit: OH WAIT ^just for clarification this is only my belief. Other artists may not agree with me. I'm just referring to my own creations x:!

*randomly imagines a pygmy dragon munching on planets*xd.png

Agreed.

You can think of the dragons sizes however you like, just make use of that imagineation of yours. (Though, the BBW have a set size. Try not to mess with that.)

So if you had an ice dragon, how big are they? And is having your dragon grow to the size of the statue of liberty as a power a little too big?

Too be honest, I've never imagined my dragons as kitten size or mountain size. Most would range from large cat to elephant. I'd say the Mint is the size of a turtle, the Pygmies would be no smaller than a large cat (like a linx), the Pumpkins would be scale to a normal pumpkin, and on until you get to the larger ones. I've always thought that the Embers, Marrows, Hellfires, GoNs and male Flamingos would be giant (around the size of a small house).

To let you in on a secret, I've always had a weird obsession with the Blunas. I imagine that it is large enough that I can sit comfortably under its visible wing. (Inheritance cycle reference! :3)

The dragons I'm starting with are Canopy Dragons.

When I read their description (off the wiki), I pictured them as similar to animals like Flying Fox Bats, smaller Monkeys, Harpy Eagles, and Flying Lizards.

They like to climb and I assume they eat things like fruits, flowers, and small animals. I picture them being smaller because a huge creature would have a lot of trouble climbing in and getting around in dense jungle.

So, personally, I assume they're probably good-sized, but very light-boned like a cat or a bird.

I picture their wingspan being probably between 6 to 8 feet. I figure they only weigh about 25-40 pounds. I assume their head and body length is about 3-4 feet with the tail being about as long. Big enough to hunt smaller animals, but not so huge as they would have trouble flying in the dense jungle and climbing through the branches and vines. smile.gif

I always like to imagine my dragons *big*, but most artists seem to make them with them being fairly small in size, like around the size of a human. The standard is the male split, for me, being about eighteen feet high and nine feet wide (not counting wings), and much, much larger when their wings are expanded. But these are just my opinions. I like big, scary dragons.

I think of them about the size of a large horse, no bigger. When I was little I thought they were so huge they could eat the earth...then I relized that made no sence so I have came up with small-large horses.

I for one am glad we don't have land whales. Otherwise there would be no trees left~

Technicly, there were once land whales. They're called sauropods.

Anyway, I'll give you my thoughts on how big my dragons are.

Bright-Breasted Wyvern: BBW's are the only breed with a set size, and I just go with that. It's about the size of a human man.

Albino: Big, but not super big. Around the size of a large car. You could ride one, you know?

Earth: One of the larger breeds. About the size of a small house.

Deep Sea: Enourmus! Like a true sea serphent. An adult might be about seventy-eighty feet long.

Spitfire: A middle sized breed, about the size of a largeish horse.

Orchedrake: I know this is a bit odd but, about the size of a BBW. (the size of a human man)

Guardian: The size of a large horse, like a Clydsdale.

Ballon: Around the size of a pony, after all, they spend a good part of their time floating between treetops and eating fruit and such.

Horse: The size of a clydsdale, maybe a little bigger.

Skywing: Very long, fifty, fifty-five feet long, but thin, maybe five or six feet around.

Dorsal: About the size of an average car, their back fins are one to two feet tall.

Two-headed: About the size of a king size bed. Around twenty feet long.

Purple: About sixteen feet long, ten to eleven feet tall. Those 'whiskers' look something like ten, maybe eight feet long.

Nocturne: A foot or two larger then Purple dragons, other then that, very similar in proportions.

Water-walker: About the size of, say, a large greyhound.

Whiptail: The size of a large pony, and a six or seven foot tail. (Look at their sprite, their tail is (or at least looks) longer then the rest of their body.)

Water: Around ninety feet long. Again, like a true sea serphent. (Blue whales, anyone?)

Neotropical: Similar in proportions with Whiptails, around the size of a pony, with a five to six foot long tail.

Snow Angels: The size of an elk, maybe a little bigger. You could ride one.

Yulebuck: Caribou-size, or something like that.

Ribbon Dancer: Around the size of a moose, but very slim for it's size.

Stone: One of the largest breeds, maybe around the size of a full grown oak tree.

Grey: Similar in size to Stone dragons.

Canopy: Around the size of a harpy eagle, big but still small enough to manuver through the jungle.

Waverunner: Around ten feet tall, i don't know about length or wingspan.

Sunsong Ampithere: Very long and serphentine, around thirty or forty feet long. Over all, similar to Skywings.

White: Very similar to Purple Dragons.

Daydream: Their body and head are, size-wise, very similar to that of a pony, with an eight, even nine foot tail.

Hellfire Wyvren: (I always imagined the female Hellfires to be bigger than males.) A female would be around twenty feet tall, twenty-three feet long. Male Hellfires would be a bit smaller.

(These are my adult dragons, I also have four eggs.)

Edited by DayGloryNightGlory

Was browsing through my hard drive when I found this thing I did and then forgot about, I guess. It's a size chart of what I estimate each dragon's size to be, using what info I could remember like Mints being the size of a car, glories = kittens, BBW = man, and such.

Here's a link, doesn't include most Holiday dragons (lazy!) =o

I took plenty of liberties with most of the breeds, no offense meant towards the breed artists, I do not own the little dude-man picture, other disclaimers, etc. etc.

Anywho, maybe that'll give people something to look at and compare to-- feel free to point out things you may disagree with, I say! S'all meant in fun.

Was browsing through my hard drive when I found this thing I did and then forgot about, I guess. It's a size chart of what I estimate each dragon's size to be, using what info I could remember like Mints being the size of a car, glories = kittens, BBW = man, and such.

Here's a link, doesn't include most Holiday dragons (lazy!) =o

I took plenty of liberties with most of the breeds, no offense meant towards the breed artists, I do not own the little dude-man picture, other disclaimers, etc. etc.

Anywho, maybe that'll give people something to look at and compare to-- feel free to point out things you may disagree with, I say! S'all meant in fun.

I'm primarily a visual learner so this chart was like 'Yay!' for me to look at. 83

Chickens smaller than humans? Why I never! :o But seriously, nice chart. ^^

The description for the night glorys says, they are often mistaken for bats, so they have to be actually very tiny. wink.gif