dgray-girl

How big are our dragons?

Very good point, Trinketquu. You have to think about where they live and what they eat. Unless the plants surrounding the Vine dragons are super huge, they would have to be kind of small.

For some reason, I always thought the raincloud the Storm dragons hold was like a mini cloud. But I guess when you notice the rain, it makes them look a little bit huge.

Actually, the Dragon Cave Wiki has a little bit of info on the sizes of dragons based on what spriters have said. I'd link it, but we're not allowed to link to the Wiki on this forum. xd.png

Eh, I think of mine as about the size of large draft horses, the biggest being elephant sized. Mints are about the size of a springer spaniel, and pygmies are considerably smaller than cats . . . maybe guinea pig sized. My awesome powers of selective amnesia will come into play should anyone try to tell me my perceived sizes are inaccurate.

Hmmm, my personal size chart

Stone= T-Rex Size

Sweetling= Greyhound (their body shape just reminds me of one to much no to see them that size)

Mint= Kimodo Dragon

Water horse and Horse dragon= Various horse sizes

Sky wing= length of 3 cars but skinny enough to hug

Water Walker= Weiner dog size (they walk on lillypads so they gotta be small)

Most dragons I size around human to Clydesdale horse (there friggin huge in person)

Pygmies are 6"-15" long, 2"-5" at the shoulder. Females are smaller than males.

Stripes are between 3'5 and 5' at the shoulder, and between 15' and 20' long.

I've misplaced the data for the water walkers, but I'm pretty sure I've said that they're around 1.5'-2.5' - as for how they walk on water, it's due to hollow bones, the large surface area of their feet, and small organs called "float-bladders" which hold gas. (I even decided on the kind of gas... lost that stuff too...) The float-bladder looks something like a second smaller set of lungs right below the diaphragm.

And yes the relatively large range of sizes is intentional.

I always visualized the flowers on the Vine dragon's dragon grass to be about the size of stargazer lilies or lotuses, vis-a-vis about the size of dinner plates.

[nips over to her scroll to look at her Vines]

That seems about right. A Vine dragon, therefore, would probably be about the size of a wolf or a leopard. Not huge, but big enough to scare you.

I like to think of the pygmy as the size of my palm/hand and the glory drakes as the size of a normal sized cat at about 4 months. I like to think the average size is about that of a large dog or small pony, and the terrae dragons and other large breeds, maybe the size of a large pony.

I like my dragons small. xd.png

another fellow dragonologist :3

I'd say that fire is about as big as 15-25 feet...

but guardians of nature.... 50 feet... O.O

drakes are mostly dog-horse size....

daydreams would probably be six-10

mints would be small, about 3-5 feet

I have imagined pygmy's about the size of a small housecat, day/night glories a tad bigger, mints at the size of a large Iguana (or a schnauzer pinscher), Waterwalkers could be a lot bigger, since there are species of lillypads that range up to the size of a large tv-screen.

Next up would be ochredrakes and whiptail with the size of a pony, but a bit longer.

Then there are the Horse Dragon and the Purple with a selfexplanitory size. Next would be the white and pink at about the size of a minivan.

The Red, Green and Magi/goldfish would be about the size of Safira (Eragon the movie). But I would like to add Greens could very well be bigger since they can throw boulders and whatnot.

Next up are grey/stone/terrea/the like dragons with the size of a schoolbus. (lieing down)

Next is the Skywing, which I figured to be about 40 yards long and something like a big oak in thickness.

The largest of all would be the blue with at least 70 yards long, and a thickness of a killer whale. the mouth would be something along the lines of megalodon. (I could also see them at the size of a large gyarados, lol)

righteous bump is righteous :3

Edited by Tyrnaela

I've always imagined a Pygmy being 6 or 7 pounds, since their description says as a hatchling: This hatchling can fit in the palm of your hand, and the adult says that they have only doubled in size since being hatchlings. The mints being about waist high standing up. The regular small dragons (like BBWs) being about the head to head sitting down.

The large ones would be about the size of Saphira from Eragon, and the middle ones would fall between the two. The skywings I've always imagined as being small, like BBW size. The deep sea would be like a 20 foot electric eel.

That's just my personal imagination. laugh.gif

I always kind of related Dragon Sizes and Dinosaur Sizes.

The MOST MASSIVE dragons (Guardians of Nature, for example) being the size of the Brontosaurus?

Most dragons are maybe Triceratops sized or something, I guess... The size of a large bed or a van.

...*Shrug*

white, gold, magi, green, terrae size of a tree.

water and deepsea shark to whale size.

skywing is not too big? blink.gif

I've always thought of guardians as pretty large since they guard the other dragons. Maybe they would be the size of a large living room and kitchen together.

Going by things I own.

Shallows: Probably enough to fit in a lake/lagoon, so only about the size of a horse.

Ochredrakes: Since they breed with Night/Dayglories, cat sized.

Pink: About as tall as a tall human, so about 7ft area.

Magi: Probably twice the size of a human, 12ft area.

Horse: Bigger than a horse, but only a little.

Nebula: Big, maybe around 20-30ft area.

Water Horse: Small, probably 3ft maximum.

Bright-Breast: Probably about as large as an elephant.

Waterwalker: Bigger than a waterhorse, maybe four feet.

Deepsea: HUGE, about the size of a whale, 80ft long at least.

Water: Big, but not as big as a deep sea, so about 60ft range.

Daydream: Tall as a human, 6ft.

I'd like to say they don't ever really stop growing, but I really don't intend on them being the size of mountains. x: It's hard for me to set a size for them really.

I honestly feel like if I set a size, it ruins the feeling of imagination on your half. For example, I used to think that skywings were HUGE and super thick (like for any of you who have played shadow of the colossus, phalanx is the thirteenth Colossus in the game, who is pretty darn big). When I found out they weren't even a half the thickness or nearly as long I felt a little bummed, but of course I understood that that was Dove's decision and accepted it.

I'd like to say that in the group most of them are big, but not ridiculously so, and the 'leaders' just are massive. Since they were based off of sauropods (well..those and deer) I would say they can reach those heights or bigger, minus the neck and tail. Similar to dungeons and dragon's dragon size.

But again, I really want you guys to think of WHATEVER sizes you want, they're your dragons <3! If you'd like them to sit in your lap, so be it. If you want them to be the size of the sun and eat planets, go ahead x]!

Edit: OH WAIT ^just for clarification this is only my belief. Other artists may not agree with me. I'm just referring to my own creations x:!

... -starts imagining her Sunset/sunrise dragons nomming the sun-

Win xd.png

I personally love big, cottage size dragons tongue.gif However, I believe that resides strictly for the truly massive breeds- Terrae, GoN, Stones. Many are around horse size, some are tiny (Pygmies, DG/NG Drakes, Mints... ... alright, so Komodo Dragon size isn't that small, but compared to other dragons). Most others... somewhere around dino size. I can say for a fact that the smallest Flamingo Wyverns are about 6' tall, the majority are double that. They's big biggrin.gif Even though they start out tiny <3

I also happen to imagine the world of DC being far larger than Earth, and able to support such massive creatures- magic also helps pick up the slack tongue.gif

Edited by Dr. Paine

Storms I consider to be awesome-crazy titanic — especially the male. They're shown holding thunderheads in their talons, and those ain't small. Pyrocumulae need to build up mass before they cut loose. Minimum of 300 feet long, up to 1500 feet long, possibly bigger. This would explain why they almost never land and spend most of their time in the air. I think seeing a Storm dragon above the earth would be so terrifying as to be a life-changing event: you'd either a.) Remain aware but never, ever forget it, b.) Faint, c.) Be literally frightened to death.

It's interesting to hear different people's impressions. smile.gif

I always thought that storms were... piano sized (yeah, I know its random, I'm just looking around the room), small but big enough to ride... you know? But I also like how you see them, they're a lot scarier that way!

Eggs:50cm+-

Hatchling:1m+

Mature hatchling:3m+

Adult:10m-50m

Wingspan:10m-50m

I in New Zealand so I measure in centimetres & metres.

EDIT:Also,if dragons are the size of mountains,how do they live in mountains?laugh.gif

Edited by arabian sparkle

I've always thought of mint dragons to be about the size of a small car, and then pebble and stone dragons as big as mountains. Everything else (except the smaller breeds, like pygmies and harvest dragons) seem to fall somewhere in between.

Meh dragon size depends on their creator.

Like how some of the dragons I've created are like lynx size, whereas dis goes bigger ;)

Or how CD has BBW's as human size and so on.

Edited by Angziety

A size chart line up with silhouettes would be awesome. o.o

Imagine HOW BIG some of our caves probably are. To fit all of these dragons. We must own mountain ranges by now. LOL!

Edited by Lyxii

Imagine HOW BIG some of our caves probably are. To fit all of these dragons. We must own mountain ranges by now. LOL!

After reading the whole thread, this was pretty much my thought too. I mean, quite a few users have 500+ dragons... All living in one cave? That's one ****ing huge cave. xd.png