dgray-girl

How big are our dragons?

apart from pygmies, no dragons seem to have a set size, at least, i havent found anywhere that says it. how big do you guys think the dragons are? be specific about type, and if you feel like it, gender. mostly just doing this cos im curious, but it would help hen picturing rps. i keep picturing them all mountain-sized and its mucking up my playing xd.png

for one thing, i think deep sea dragons would be about six metres long (thats 19 feet for you americans), and the waterdragons would be a bit smaller, maybe about 5 or 4 and a half meters long.

i actually never thought about their actual size before o:

now that i do, i agree with your viewing of them as big as mountains :D

o.O wow. theyd be hard to keep as pets.

"fluffy! its feeding time!"

*fluffy comes in and destroys the entire town*

"...."

If you want to go by the dragonology book:

Wyverns adult would be about 50 feet long and 18 to 20 feet high

Ice 40 feet long and 12-15 feet high

Earth 45 feet long 13-17 feet high

Lindworm- We need them (though the lag monster i have seen so many of looks like one)

And Now that i have done a good job of making myself look like a geek lol im gonna go crawl back into my knucker hole

EDIT: In retrospect the vine gives you some idea of its size in its description, I would imagin them maybe no longer than 10 feet long, your guess on height)

Edited by sylverrose

Artists have been working on sizes, although they haven't made it very obvious. Still, I've heard a thing or two.

Pygmies are cat sized, as the description says. Mints I've always imagined are about the size of a komodo dragon. BBWs are the size of a full grown man. I'm pretty sure that Magi and Horse dragons are the size of draft horses. Stone dragons are the largest, although I'm not sure how large.

Edited by Completely Different

*strokes imaginary beard* interesting~

what about daydream dragons? =3 id imagine either horse sized, or the size of saphira in the eragon movie. or somewhere in between.

ooh a fellow dragonologist! =D

Edited by dgray-girl

I would think the magma given the mouth of where it would likely live in the wild if it did exist would be...At max 20 feet long, also considering the limited food it would have unless it fed on sulfur or brimstone but thats a rough estimation from a sleep deprived proby lol

Edited by sylverrose

the gold dragon would be a bout the same. i think the silver one would be a bit smaller, cos it seems more petite

Honestly the best thing i could offer is consider what each species natural habitat would be, the span of said habitat and the available food sources. And if all else fails, refer to the D&D players guide lol (jus joking those things are HUGE)

Never really thought hard bout this. xd.png

Most of them are at least big enough to step on you. dry.gifxd.png

in my opnion they arent like mountains , but imagine the little dragons , pygme , mint , pumpken ... , there size in my opnion is like a car ( maybe a bit smaller ) and the big ones there sizes about 4 or 5 trucks one above the other , and if you watched some films about dragosn ( like flame regine that the name i think ) you will see that the dragons head size is like a hallecopter's size , and there wings like a big fishing net

Edited by jakora2

*hides* so scary xd.png!

waterhorse would be abit bigger then a horsedragon.

I seem to remember in the BSA thread- the skywings are as long as a school bus? But very thin. Therefore, they don't get transport.

Artists have been working on sizes, although they haven't made it very obvious. Still, I've heard a thing or two.

Pygmies are cat sized, as the description says. Mints I've always imagined are about the size of a komodo dragon. BBWs are the size of a full grown man. I'm pretty sure that Magi and Horse dragons are the size of draft horses. Stone dragons are the largest, although I'm not sure how large.

There's a size chart going on. It's just taking a while to finish o:

It's also hard to get artists to agree on sizes, as we all may consider each other wrong. For example, I like my dragons to be massive, to me dragons are beeg. However, certain artists dislike the idea of dragons being over a certain size (no finger pointing D:<!) so it's hard to get everyone to accept it.

You know that chart they have in pokemon to Compare Dragons to Humans made in sillouettes? maybe They should Have one in the Dcv cave for each breed?

It seems to me that they're starting to get a bit more specific, I mean, with the BBW's description and all. But it still would be nice ;3

Maybe they (unless pygmies) Just sort of gradually continue to grow throughout their lives?

Kinda like the dragons in Eragon- once they mature into adults the dragons slow their growth, but they enver STOP growing.

If you've read the eragon BOOKS, (not the movie, which makes Saphira grow in about 2 or 3 seconds instead of months and months), I think somewhere in Eldest they talk about how the red dragon Thor is smaller than Saphira, because he is still barely an adult, but they're the same species.

Something like that?

There's a size chart going on. It's just taking a while to finish o:

It's also hard to get artists to agree on sizes, as we all may consider each other wrong. For example, I like my dragons to be massive, to me dragons are beeg. However, certain artists dislike the idea of dragons being over a certain size (no finger pointing D:<!) so it's hard to get everyone to accept it.

Yeah, I can imagine its complicated to sort out.

One of the artists was telling me about it (Dove, I think. It was months ago). You used to agree that mints were cars, and stones were about the size of a mountain- and then you sat down and realised that might be a titch too big xd.png

So, when you say your dragons are big, how big are we talking? Building sized? I know the Terrae dragons are massive....

I'm really among those who likes my dragons to be on the small size, mostly because I know with the thousands and thousands of dragons in existence, the ecosystems probably would have collapses ages ago if they were too big. None of my guys have ever been larger than a horse.

Edited by Completely Different

I tend to imagine all the dragons (with the exceptions of Pygmies, Horses, and Sweetlings) D&D sized. I guess about 15 feet high and 20 feet from head to tail.

I tend to think of my dragons about School-Bus-sized, with exceptions for the cat-sized Pygmy and Pumpkin Dragons, the pony-sized Mint, the horse-sized Horse Dragons and the dainty Skywings (who I believe to be long but thin with little mass).

I imagine the water walkers to be quite small... I mean, they cant be mountain sized and be able to walk on water at the same time.

Plus, in the description about the breed it says they are small.

Edited by Forest

I always imagine the average size to be a little bigger than two large horses on top of each other. Stones are about the size of a large living room, or a little smaller than an average movie theater room. I picture all the trios being a little smaller than a stone. Dorsals I picture being a little larger than a wolf. Conopies, frills, and mints would be car-sized. Daydreams would be a bit bigger than that, and BBW would be a bit smaller. Water walkers and water horses would be horse sized. Skywings would be about as long as a schoolbus but pretty thin. Deep seas and waters would be a little shorter than skywings but thicker.

That's about how I see it, though they were probably intended to be different.

I can't remember where I saw this, but the average size for a DC dragon is supposed to be horse sized.

Other than the ones listed, another dragon given a size was the sweetling, which I think was supposed to be 2-3 feet tall, but very light.

I wanna see this size chart xd.png

What an interesting discussion! laugh.gif

Hmm, I think a Horse dragon would be a tad bigger than a regular horse. Just a little, though.

I'd think Blunas would be around the size of an orca whale, since they can be seen swimming with whales and dolphins and if they were too big, they might frighten the said ocean mammals off.

Maybe Balloons would be the size of hot-air balloons. xd.png Or perhaps a little smaller; it'd be pretty hard to float to the top of trees if you're so big you're getting poked by other branches.

Maybe Deep Seas would be really long. Their sprites look long, anyways.

And I imagine Nebulas to be around...I dunno, 6 feet when they're sitting?

Haha, look at me blabber. xd.png This is so fun. :3 I hope the size chart comes along soon.