Zovesta

What's your favorite type of dragon? (Favorite)

Favorite type?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty straightforward - just vote your favorite type. I'm curious. smile.gif

I'm pretty sure this goes here.

Completely Different's descriptions:

Amphithere: Best described as a winged serpent, with no limbs but wings. Wings can be any style.

Draclans: A DC only style dragon. These guys are goat sized with compact bodies and no wings. They are described as being delicate, and often have pretty stone/scales/crystals/plumes running down their spine.

Draks: See ochredraks. Created by Dove, these have antlers which are shed twice a year, only one wing-thumb, three toes, black eyes, and the intelligence of a wolf.

Drakes: Westerns with no wings.

Lyndwurms: Long body. Low-to-the-ground.

Wyrms: Also known as 'Worm'. Basically, a serpent, with either a snake or dragonic styled head.

Sea Serpents:Aquatic dragon with serpentine body, often with fins.

Easterns: Asian styled dragon. These don't have wings, but fly by magic. They have fur running down their spines, often have mustaches, and can have any number of limbs.

Westerns: Stocky dragon, usually with four limbs and a set of wings. They can often breed fire, and are 'Classic' dragons.

Wyverns: Raptor like body. They're usually slimmer than westerns, and don't have any front legs.

Edited by Zovesta

I'm confused as to which catagory This fits into xd.png

called a drake but has the body of a wyvern...

Edited by brightheart

I am not real educated on the different types of dragon, so I really can't vote because I don't know what all those types look like.

It's a tie between westerns and wyverns.

But lindwurms are awesome too, because I can actually draw them. DC needs to get some lindwurms.

Edited by Umbee

I'm confused as to which catagory This fits into xd.png

called a drake but has the body of a wyvern...

Then it's a Wyvern. xd.png

purplehaze: Check Rhea's guide int he Dragon Suggestion forum. smile.gif

Personally, I'm not a fan of Westerns. I like Lyndwurms because that's what I draw automatically - a Lyndwurm with frog eyes, jagged mouth, etc.

I've never delved into dragon lore - didn't join this site for the dragons, besides the vague sense that the spriters were pretty no matter what type they were :'P No idea.

Draclans

I know all of them except that one, and Google is not helpful... what is a draclan?

I like the Western-style dragons. I'm not big on legless dragons. I can't imagine something that looks like a giant worm as very frightening.

I'd have to say drake because I play World of Warcraft and those drakes look awesome.

For Wyvern, yeah, WoW-wise (they look like flying lions) but I also played Quest 64, and the wyvern in that game is a regular dragon with no arms.

I love every Amphithere I've seen on this site, so I voted for those. But Cheshire's draclans are so cute too.

I know all of them except that one, and Google is not helpful... what is a draclan?

Look at Rhea's help guide in the Dragon Suggestions.

I've read it a couple times before, unless it's something really new... *goes to look*

...meh.

My vote goes to Drakes, with Westerns a close second.

I'm not familiar with those different types... so I just voted for Sea Serpent.

Edited by Leidarendi

You know if you are going to keep repeating that it might be helpful if you edit a link to it into your first post. Not everyone knows where that particular post is.

I love the Eastern style dragons. So graceful and gorgeous... The Silvers are my favorite type of dragons, and I think of them as being Eastern style. =]

~Feathers

I have to agree. I have no idea how to find Rhea's post, so being referred to it without a link was not particularly helpful. I am not in the mood to search through the suggestion forum to find it. Searching for "help guide" returned no results.

You know if you are going to keep repeating that it might be helpful if you edit a link to it into your first post. Not everyone knows where that particular post is.

Yeah, I'd like to have a link. smile.gif

What type is a daydream dragon, Eastern? It's my favorite... But I don't really like the wingless Eastern ones too much. =\ So I guess aside from that, probably Wyverns...

Daydream would be Western, I believe, since it has wings.

All the dragons are my Fave but alts, blunas, dinos are at the top because of their cuteness. lol wink.giftongue.gif

blink.gif Straightforward? unsure.gif

I have no idea what is what.

It would be useful if you put pictures or breeds with the different types. Otherwise I can't answer a question like this.