I think it was something like that, anyway... damn it, I can't find the original article >.<

Still digging, I will rectify any mistakes if/when I come across it.

It still would have been cool. tongue.gif

If time travel really did get invented someday... wouldn't we have time travelers popping up every so often? That's just what I would think anyways xd.png unless you're working from the assumption that the future really hasn't happened yet, and if time travel was invented we could only travel into the past and never return, and thus set up a paradox of always having been there and... my brain hurts now... I think I'll go lie down...

Here is an article regarding the supposed faster than light particles, neutrinos.

Study rejects claims about faster-than-light neutrinos

It is likely not true that the neutrinos were indeed faster than light, but I haven't heard why they were recording such speeds if they were not true. (*Goes digging.*)

On another note, I was just thinking of searching for a science thread.

I'm a total science geek, the kind who contemplates how to use the ideal gas law (PV=nRT) to my advantage when I have an ear infection and painfully building pressure.

I love physics!

I'm a total science geek, the kind who contemplates how to use the ideal gas law (PV=nRT) to my advantage when I have an ear infection and painfully building pressure.

I love physics!

Cool your ear, probably put on an icepack. That should reduce the pressure and also help with the inflammation of the ear infection. (Although the gas in your ear does not have to be an ideal gas for this to work, obviously.)

Cool your ear, probably put on an icepack. That should reduce the pressure and also help with the inflammation of the ear infection. (Although the gas in your ear does not have to be an ideal gas for this to work, obviously.)

Lol! Yes, I did that. It made it feel better, though I don't know how much it actually helped since I'm not sure if the coolness got back into my ear where the pressure was built up. It has now cleared up thanks to another great part of science, antibiotics! (Though personally I find applications of the ideal gas law more interesting.)

It still would have been cool. tongue.gif

If time travel really did get invented someday... wouldn't we have time travelers popping up every so often? That's just what I would think anyways xd.png unless you're working from the assumption that the future really hasn't happened yet, and if time travel was invented we could only travel into the past and never return, and thus set up a paradox of always having been there and... my brain hurts now... I think I'll go lie down...

I had a substitute teacher in high school who claimed he had a time machine and was from the future.

The general consensus was he was crazy.

So maybe there have been time travelers and we just don't believe them?

Here is an article regarding the supposed faster than light particles, neutrinos.

Study rejects claims about faster-than-light neutrinos

It is likely not true that the neutrinos were indeed faster than light, but I haven't heard why they were recording such speeds if they were not true. (*Goes digging.*)

I love physics!

Sampling error. the margin of error in that experiment was large enough that they couldn't be sure whether it was faster than light or not.

Enough said.

I love science! It's the one class that I can not pay attention and get As. Chemistry is awesome... Physics... not so much. It's soooo boring! I'd rather be learning about how atoms chemically react than calculating the force on an object in motion.

Kestra that was just incredible.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Simpsons did it! /shot

... seriously though, that's cool.

Best of all, it was discovered through herpetology.

Artist combines science and sculpture with self-moving, wind powered "strandbeests", a type of kinetic sculpture.

A demonstration of implosion.

Edited by canobiecrazy

I don't really think that dragons exist but I believe that your "dragon" is actully an awesome speicies of the Lizard smile.gif

I don't really think that dragons exist but I believe that your "dragon" is actully an awesome speicies of the Lizard smile.gif

It's a dragon that was shrunk by an evil magician in their eternal secret war that you humans cannot detect. Deal with it. ;~)

Revival of thread with chemiluminescence

user posted image

Synthesized Diphenylanthracene and Diphenyl Oxalate, put 'em together and added hydrogen peroxide.

BAM Glowsticks. (without the stick.... Glow Flask?)

You're thinking of a Neutron Star. A Quantum Singularity is actually about the size of a Proton. The "Event Horizon" is larger than that, but it's not a physical object, it's the boundary between the observable accretion disk and the unobservable part.

Uh, I think I read something somewhere that said that if you condensed the earth to a size of a marble, it would become a black hole. Ah!

Here it is!

Black holes, I thought, could have singularities from a proton to several miles.

(Googolplex sized universe, go far enough and you could see yourself.)

If you traveled far enough, you would see repition. Exact copies of yourself.

10 to the 100 = googol (1, with 99 0's after)

How many particles are there in the universe? 10 to the 80 (1, with 79 0o's after)

How many grains of sand can I fit in the universe? 10 to the 90 (1, with 89 0's after it)

Still not bigger than a googol.

--- Somthing bigger?

Take the smallest volume

Which is like a plank volume

A little cube which radius is a plank volume

10 to the -35 meters

You can 10 to the 183 (1, with 182 0's after it)

(Whats a bigger number censorkip.gif*Googolplex*censorkip.gif)

Googolplex - 10 to the power of googol

We write it down on particle? A 0, second particle a 0, every particle in the universe, still can't write it down.

A universe a googolplex meters across..

Thats very big..

If you travel far enough, you would see repetition, exact copies of yourself.

Lets ask, how many quantum states can describe the volume you occupy.

The # is 10 to the 10 to the 70, still not as big as googolplex. ;o

The number is less than a googolplex, all these particle states, the number of possible states is still not as big as a googolplex.

googolplex - 10 to the googol (10 to 10 to 100)

---

You occuppy about a meter cube of space.

Theres that many possible states you can be in,

if you go that far away from yourself (10 to 10 to 70) you would start to see repetition, so that means if your in a googolplex sized universe, you would start seeing repititions of sort of, those volumes of one meter cubed. So you would see an exact copy of you.

Go bigger? Start to see copies of entire universes.

Edited by DragonCap