This was a triumph.

I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

Aperture Science

We do what we must

because we can.

For the good of all of us.

Except the ones who are dead.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake.

You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

And the Science gets done.

And you make a neat gun.

For the people who are still alive.

I'm not even angry.

I'm being so sincere right now.

Even though you broke my heart.

And killed me.

And tore me to pieces.

And threw every piece into a fire.

As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you!

Now these points of data make a beautiful line.

And we're out of beta.

We're releasing on time.

So I'm GLaD. I got burned.

Think of all the things we learned

for the people who are still alive.

Go ahead and leave me.

I think I prefer to stay inside.

Maybe you'll find someone else to help you.

Maybe Black Mesa

THAT WAS A JOKE.

HAHA. FAT CHANCE.

Anyway, this cake is great.

It's so delicious and moist.

Look at me still talking

when there's Science to do.

When I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you.

I've experiments to run.

There is research to be done.

On the people who are still alive.

And believe me I am still alive.

I'm doing Science and I'm still alive.

I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still alive.

While you're dying I'll be still alive.

And when you're dead I will be still alive.

STILL ALIVE

it had to be done tongue.gif but i FREAKING LOVE ASTROLOGY

Astrology is interesting, but is in no way science.

And honestly, posting 'Still Alive' is just spam unless you have something to actually contribute to the topic.

I don't think that astrology is (or that it should be) classed as a science in my opinion. Having done a few astronomy based subjects nothing annoyed me more than people mistaking it for astrology and I'm sure professional astronomers would hate it happening to.

When I first read this, I thought you said "I don't think astronomy should be classed as a science", and I was "wut?"

But yeah, astronomy and astrology are two different things, and while astrology sparked astronomy (kinda like alchemy did with chemistry, though astronomy and astrology kinda emerged... together... somewhat...), astrology has little basis in science... and is more of a religion/myth thing *waits for explosion of expletives*

And sadly, the two can be easily mistaken for the other (even by me apparently... *facepalms*)

-K-

personally,i think space related stuff and such CAN be classified as science,but don't really want to spark any arguments so,if your going to disagree,don't loose it (but i know everybody on this forum is mature enough to handle being disagreed with)

personally,i think space related stuff and such CAN be classified as science,but don't really want to spark any arguments so,if your going to disagree,don't loose it (but i know everybody on this forum is mature enough to handle being disagreed with)

Of course space stuff is in science. Ever heard of NASA?

If you're talking about astrology that is as much science as other quack stuff.

Um... we're not saying "space stuff" isn't science. There's a difference between astrology and astronomy, that's all. One is a science and the other isn't.

Astrology- the practice of predicting one's future and/or personality based on the position of stars at one's birth/the day- is listed with auras, palm reading, tarot, numerology- magic, New Age-y stuff that has little to no base in reality, and is pseudoscience at absolute best. 'Pseudoscience' meaning 'stuff that isn't science dressing up as science'.

Astronomy- the study of planets, stars, and other celestial objects- is listed with biology, chemistry, maths- actual science rooted strictly in fact and reality, no mysticism involved.

Just because astrology involves stars and space, that doesn't make it science, no matter how you attempt to rationalize it. That's like saying the graphite of your pencil is worth the same as a fine diamond, since they're both made of carbon.

Edited by Dr. Paine

so..were gonna try to stop a giant ball of rock from spinning,which may i remind you there is no friction in space so how will we even manage to slow down earth (this is how solar sails will work,due to no friction in space) and if we did,this would ill even MORE people,half the world would be stuck in frozen night,the other half would be in blazing day and night,USE LOGIC WHOEVER MADE THE SIT

EDIT:you know what someone should do just to tick those people off? make another website with exact same instruction,but make it so your facing west just to revert them back to zero tongue.gif

Edited by penguin_adu6oo

Girl power! 8D

The average human can distinguish between 1,000,000 colors, because each of our 3 cones multiplies the current number, like, 1 cone has 100, then the next cone multiplies that by 100 making 10,000, with the 3rd cone multiplying it by 100 again makes 1,000,000. So a 4th makes it 100,000,000. Only women can get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cone_monochromacy On the other hand, there's something about the opposite, cone monochromacy. Only 100 different colors.

Edited by scratcher_cat

Girl power! 8D

The average human can distinguish between 1,000,000 colors, because each of our 3 cones multiplies the current number, like, 1 cone has 100, then the next cone multiplies that by 100 making 10,000, with the 3rd cone multiplying it by 100 again makes 1,000,000. So a 4th makes it 100,000,000. Only women can get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cone_monochromacy On the other hand, there's something about the opposite, cone monochromacy. Only 100 different colors.

Important cause all you used to do was distinguish whether fruit was good to eat.

And when it stops, what's going to be left when the air continues moving at the same pace and causes worldwide fires and damage from wind scouring the ground due to the massive amount of friction made?

It's not like stopping the rotation even gradually will help at all... :/

-K-

I watch Discovery, History Channel, Animal planet, and some other channels but I fail Science in school.

EDIT: Sorry Rhea. tongue.gif

Edited by Ninetails

That has to be one of the most stupid things I have ever seen  dry.gif  In the FAQ section they're talking complete  censorkip.gif

I'm hoping this is a troll site, or a way for scientists to have a laugh about the stupid public believing such things (like DHMO... spread the word about that, I dare you tongue.gif)

Of not... these people may be Too Dumb To Live.

-K-

Edited by Kamak

Girl power! 8D

All men see in 16 colours, like basic windows settings. wink.gif Plum is a fruit, so is peach.

I'm hoping this is a troll site, or a way for scientists to have a laugh about the stupid public believing such things (like DHMO... spread the word about that, I dare you tongue.gif)

Of not... these people may be Too Dumb To Live.

-K-

With so many people in the world today there's a pretty high chance that there are people out there who'll believe it and I find that quite sad.

On a side note I had to look up DHMO I'd never heard of it before xd.png

I lol'd hardest at this (probably because this was in my last unit of my earth class this semester):

When the earth stops spinning, wouldn't it lose its magnetic field?

Yes. No more 'northern lights' - big loss...

The magnetic field is only a big part of the reason we can live on this planet. X3

I dunno. Reads like a parody to me. ^^

When it comes to science I always wonder what is wrong. If I lived awhile back I would think atoms are solid. If I lived more recently but still a little back I would think protons and neutrons are solid. Now I think quarks are as small is it goes, but what if they aren't.

Also, can anyone explain to me how it was determined that glass is a liquid?

so..were gonna try to stop a giant ball of rock from spinning,which may i remind you there is no friction in space...

Yes, there is.

Sorry.