So, uh...

My NaNoWriMo project is currently listed under fantasy, but was inspired by quantum physics |D

I just love the thought of things like entanglement, or multiverses...

Also, DAMN IT SCIENCE! MANHACKS ARE BAD.

VERY, VERY BAD. ARE YOU JUST TRYING TO INVITE FUTURE ALIEN OVERLORDS?

Edited by Dr. Paine

So, uh...

My NaNoWriMo project is currently listed under fantasy, but was inspired by quantum physics |D

I just love the thought of things like entanglement, or multiverses...

Also, DAMN IT SCIENCE! MANHACKS ARE BAD.

VERY, VERY BAD. ARE YOU JUST TRYING TO INVITE FUTURE ALIEN OVERLORDS?

Mine too (sorta). It's a fantasy, but I'm actually trying to explain the supernatural powers in my story through science...

And it connects to a story with multiple dimensions, timelines, planes of existence, and etc.

It's almost irritating...

-K-

Edited by Kamak

Kai, I'm surprised.

Anyways, for your guy's it's probably just a case of Magic By Any Other Name.

/still new at TVTropes

Not really. everything has a magical reason for being (there's no psuedo science to explain why people can start fires by doing certain things), however, science still explains how the powers function (you can't start a fire where there is no fuel or air and you can form ice by pulling the heat energy out of something).

It's more of averting breaking the laws of physics, but in a more complicated way than most people deal with it...

-K-

Kai, I'm surprised.

Anyways, for your guy's it's probably just a case of Magic By Any Other Name.

/still new at TVTropes

Mmmm... not really. I can't explain this sort of thing with strict magic, and the little magic there is, is just outright called 'magic.'

All I know about black holes is they're stars that have imploded. They would take say, about all the matter in the entire earth, then condense it into something about the size of a marble.

You're thinking of a Neutron Star. A Quantum Singularity is actually about the size of a Proton. The "Event Horizon" is larger than that, but it's not a physical object, it's the boundary between the observable accretion disk and the unobservable part.

You're thinking of a Neutron Star. A Quantum Singularity is actually about the size of a Proton. The "Event Horizon" is larger than that, but it's not a physical object, it's the boundary between the observable accretion disk and the unobservable part.

Maybe. It's just something I noticed while looking for something else, so I didn't pay too much attention

o_O aaaaa all our tape is radioactive aaaaaaa

We learned that everything has some radiation, some more than others, some with close to none.

I was being sarcastic. I do know that we're surrounded by radiation-

AAAAAAA WE'RE SURROUNDED BY RADIATION THERE'S CANCER EVERYWHERE AAAAAAA

... if you couldn't tell.

I was being sarcastic. I do know that we're surrounded by radiation-

AAAAAAA WE'RE SURROUNDED BY RADIATION THERE'S CANCER EVERYWHERE AAAAAAA

... if you couldn't tell.

Ah Im not use to sarcasm on forums

So, while discussing the various insanities for my NaNo, which I have now decided is simply speculative fiction, I've come to understand just how freaking awesome science, especially the theoretical stuff, is. I can barely wrap my head around it all, but it's just... it's awesome biggrin.gif

Sometimes I wonder how people can think being a scientist leaves no room for a god of any sort, when you consider all the absolute insanity and unknowns that go down in certain things. God's not some guy in the sky, god is what happens once you've crossed the event horizon of a black hole or push matter into absolute zero and cause who knows what.

/$0.02

I present to you...

The universe is truly beautiful sometimes <3

Ooh, cool. x3 I would use it except I rarely wear bandaids and such for cuts. I let them stay open to the air...never gotten an infection once. >__>

I love science...as long as it doesn't entail too much math. >__> I like the biosciences, I HATE chemistry and physics. ;__; So much complicated math....

Astronomy and astrophysics, though, are interesting, I might brave math just to start understanding those. xd.png (It probably won't happen...I just like looking at the pretty pictures Hubble takes. x3)

What. I don't believe that at all.

This.

(Mostly because - did people really take the time during/after sex to answer those questions on their iPhone? >_<

wat)

That's not science, that's basic logic!

Lol, science likes to do that a lot. I had a good example of another time like this, but now I forgot what it was. D: