Only things that are good for you. smile.gif Hehe. Planting a garden? cool. pesticide and herbicide? not cool. sad.gif

The tools used? The seeds - treated or no? The seed packets themselves? Fencing - arsenic in fenceposts, for example, though there are other worries.

EVERYTHING IS BAD FOR YOU.

The tools used? The seeds - treated or no? The seed packets themselves? Fencing - arsenic in fenceposts, for example, though there are other worries.

user posted image

All of the things in the above picture are bad for you. Cept Hannelore. She is love <3.

user posted image

All of the things in the above picture are bad for you. Cept Hannelore. She is love <3.

*Obligatory fangirl squee*

Hanners!

lul "The inevitable heat death of the universe"...

Seeds? raw, untreated seeds. Treated seeds aren't as vigorous anyways.

seed packets? wax paper?

Fencing-only if you use treated wood. untreated wood is cheaper, and you won't have to replace it all that often.

Mrr, fine. Maybe not carcinogens. BUT OTHER BAD THINGS?!

/capslock

Kay I'm done now.

*Obligatory fangirl squee*

Hanners!

lul "The inevitable heat death of the universe"...

But what if it's a cold death? ohmy.gif

Mrr, fine. Maybe not carcinogens. BUT OTHER BAD THINGS?!

/capslock

Kay I'm done now.

According to California, natural apples contain over 20 different carcinogens...

However, it's largely assumed that the chemicals they used were high doses and concentrated compared to the relatively small amount that appears in a single apple...

Moral of the story: If you eat too many apples (like thousands or something) before your body can process the chemicals, you may get cancer. tongue.gif

Apple Cigars, anyone?

-K-

Oh, plus, apple seeds have cyanide in them. And mangos have kerosene in them. Sooo...

Clearly we should all eat more meat then. tongue.gif

-K-

Really, they create new matter? I thought all matter originated from "in the beginning..."

Not necessarily. The "Big bang" isn't the only event to create matter.  Supernovas ans similar events do similar things.

Supernovas do not create new matter, they create and disperse the heavier elements by fusing lighter elements together. (H into He, He into C, C into O, ect. ect.) New matter is not being created, its more like old protons and neutrons are being rearranged.

@Rhea Age of celestial objects is determined by how many light years it took to get to us. The larger the time in light years, in the case of the article over 13 billion, the sooner after the Big Bang it formed. Also, things that formed that long ago were primarily made out of Hydrogen and Helium. The heavier elements hadn't be formed yet.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

... I feel obligated to make a crack about your name and how it fits with this topic, but I'm drawing a blank...

.People Eating Tasty Animals FTW!

Haha yes, My chem professor admitted he belongs to PETA, the good kind, not the crazy kind.

The thing I found odd about that article, is no one can really make a claim on what is the oldest thing in the universe.

Maybe oldest found so far, but they really can't tell 100% the age, and what else might be out there.

Science is never 100% and I don't like articles that claim to be 100% factual.

Haha yes, My chem professor admitted he belongs to PETA, the good kind, not the crazy kind.

The thing I found odd about that article, is no one can really make a claim on what is the oldest thing in the universe.

Maybe oldest found so far, but they really can't tell 100% the age, and what else might be out there.

Science is never 100% and I don't like articles that claim to be 100% factual.

Here, here. *gestures with glass of soda*

The point I was making is creation of matter is beleived to be doable in any situation where a sufficient amount of mass-energy is compressed enough. (Like the Big Bang) Supernovas are an example of an event that has been hypothesized to do so, but, well.... good luck proving it.

Here, here. *gestures with glass of soda*

The point I was making is creation of matter is beleived to be doable in any situation where a sufficient amount of mass-energy is compressed enough. (Like the Big Bang) Supernovas are an example of an event that has been hypothesized to do so, but, well.... good luck proving it.

Please link me to a credible source advocating this.

I know there's a theory that energy can be converted to mass (since anti-matter and matter annihilate and become pure energy, there SHOULD theoretically be an inverse that takes energy and produces matter and antimatter), but I've never seen anyone postulate that Supernovas can create matter, only that they can convert matter into heavier elements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova_nucleosynthesis

-K-

*Somewhat random* The only inverse I can think of is perhaps a black hole... iunno. A thought.

Actually, blackholes can, apparently, convert matter into energy WITHOUT "balancing" via anti-matter.

Meh, it's something I read about years ago. If you want a source find it yourself.

All I know about black holes is they're stars that have imploded. They would take say, about all the matter in the entire earth, then condense it into something about the size of a marble.

But I'm more intersedted in wormholes.