TJ09

05/26/10 - Insert Witty Title Here (New Eggs)

I've never seen It's been used as it has O_o

Anyways I love the sprites especially the Glories and the Male Shallow Water biggrin.gif

*puts in her two cents*

Actually, 'it's' can stand for:

It is

It has

It does

Or rather the -'s can stand for is, has or does...not sure how well 'does' would go with 'it'... tongue.gif

*it's morning and pleads a lack of caffeine*

Edited by Liregran

Oooh! I see what you're saying, it's not a possessive its? It's SUPPOSED to be it is?

Yes, that's what I'm trying to explain biggrin.gif I know 'its' is possessive without a apostrophe, but in this case it doesn't make sense.

Edit: Yes, I think it's can be used for both it is and it has, as long as it is clear which version is meant.

Edited by Natt i nord

Ohhh, add me to the group of people applauding the spriters and creators! These are all gorgeous!! Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into working on these!

I have to say I do love the colours of the Terrae dragons, they are such a beautiful relaxing mossy green (I think it's a nice change to the usually very brightly coloured dragons), I think I'll collect a lot of these wink.gif

Oh well why are we arguing anyways?

Because I'd like to know who is right biggrin.gif

I might be mistaken, too, as English is not my first language, but I always was told it's can mean both. Though I never saw it used for it does.

To spriter Marrionetta, absolutely beautiful depiction of the Magi and Water Dragon cross. I don't think it could have been done better. Beautiful work!!

The other two breeds are also beautiful, great job all around. Think I'll get a nice collection of all of them. biggrin.gif

Edited by Cheystar

AHHHH all the adult sprites are incredible!! Well done artists!!

All of the new dragons are beautiful, but wow, the Morning Glory dragons are incredible! I'm so happy I have 4 of them! lol Now all I need to do is get the beautiful Dusk's! smile.gif

Yes, thanks and major congrats artists, these are wonderful! biggrin.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Ok, just to clear it up.

"Its grown fins and it likes to make bubbles in the water."

The "Its grown fins" part should be "It's grown fins"

'Its' is possessive, and 'it's' is a contraction for 'it is' or 'it has'. If 'it's' had been used in the sentence, it would be a contraction for 'it has' not 'it is' in this case.

So to sum it all up, the sentence should be:

"It's grown fins and it likes to make bubbles in the water."

To make it more understandable, I would change it to"

"It has grown fins and it likes to make bubbles in the water."

That's what advanced language arts does for you.

cwutididthar

Because I'd like to know who is right biggrin.gif

I might be mistaken, too, as English is not my first language, but I always was told it's can mean both. Though I never saw it used for it does.

It definitely should have an apostrophe, no question about it.

The statement is saying 'it has grown fins'. Thus, it should be it's and the apostrophe is to replace the missing 'ha'.

All the others say 'it's grown wings . . .' As in 'it has grown wings'. So 'it's grown fins' is correct.

It does not make grammatical sense without the apostrophe, as it isn't being used as a possessive.

It's can mean:

It is

It has

I have never seen it used for 'it does' either and English is my first language.

I'm sure it's just a minor typo that will be fixed easily.

But if that's all we have to 'complain' about smile.gif it does seem to imply the spriters really have hit the mark on these beauties.

So, it appears then, that there IS only ONE set of lush dragons, despite the 3 different eggy patterns, the winged ones are male and the wingless ones female. And there are TWO types of glory dragons, the Dusk (dark) and the Dawn (light) ones, of which there are both male and female each. And only one set also of the Shallow dragons, with different sprites for male and female.

Cool.

***Note: In my opinion, the Dawn (light) dragons are the most beautiful ones I've seen yet. cool.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

All I need right now is that Shallow Water dragon and maybe a Nebula from the previous. I picked a bad time to be locked....

OMFG!? Male Shallow Water dragons = love. I must get more THESE.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to point out that the Day Glory has a typo?

"Breeding only occurs during the day when the sun is warms."

It made me giggle.

But gorgeous sprites and lovely combo on goldfish. Dang. Skillz.

Edited by futurelibkeeper

I applaud all the spriters for these new dragons (including the ones for the eggs and hatchlings, not just the adults). I have yet to get the shallow water dragon, but I have two each of the glories and terrae.

I've tried reading through the posts, but unless I missed it, I don't think this question has been asked: How long will we be able to get the shallows from breeding magi and waters? Will it just be around the end of spring, or all year round?

My son, btw, was lucky enough to breed the shallow, and he has two each of the others, too.

Oh, just my two cents worth, the witty catch phrase I thought up for this batch is "Spring's Last Fling". wink.gif

*swoons over the Day Glories* They're beautiful! Well, all the adult sprites are cool, but the Day Glory is definitely my favorite. <33

Oh wow, the adults are gorgeous!! Love the shallow water male sprite especially wub.gif

And its great that there is an approximation of how big the Terraes are in their description

I've got 4 glories and all of them are day glories xd.png

These are the most beautiful dragons awesome work Thank you so much for the new addition I look forward to collecting the rest of them smile.gif

I was just about to post this too smile.gif

I can't wait until my 3 magi are ready to breed again. I didn't have any successful goldfish breeding on the first round. Now that i've seen the adults, i'm even more eager to try again. Very cool hybrids!

It made me giggle.

But gorgeous sprites and lovely combo on goldfish. Dang. Skillz.

Ah saw that one too! There are also 2 periods after the word 'palm,' and, compared to the night glory, the 'drakes' part of the name is not capitalizes while on Night Glory Drakes it is.