Feathers

What Game are you Playing?

Currently replaying Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. ^^

I've been playing a bit of modded Starbound, and before that I was playing a lot of Subnautica, which I recently got!

Finally tried out the Frackin' Universe mod, and it's very different to vanilla Starbound or even the modded versions of Starbound I've already experienced.

On 4/20/2022 at 11:12 PM, holycottoncandy said:

Playing Genshin, Horizon Forbidden West, Persona 5 Royal and a few others right now.

I've been meaning to try Genshin but I don't like the gacha mechanics. Is it worth it without spending a month's salary to get a S tier player?

2 hours ago, KakashiMorph said:

I've been meaning to try Genshin but I don't like the gacha mechanics. Is it worth it without spending a month's salary to get a S tier player?

The funny thing about Genshin is lots of the top tier characters are actually 4 star ones you will easily get for free (Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu etc.). The new characters they release don't powercreep the originals, and most of the content is easy so you don't need the 5 star characters!  It's just they market them so well that you do want them 🤣

We get quite a bit of free currency,  so you can get a 5-star of your choice roughly every 2 patches (12 weeks) if you are f2p, or just invest the minimum which is $5 a month for the Welkin Moon (highly recommended - you get $45 worth of "cash" for $5 as long as you long in daily). If you're good at saving up and waiting for which characters you want, then it's easy! Pulling carefully for who you want is important. Maybe don't play though if you can easily be baited by gacha mechanics... 

• 5 star characters worth saving for if you're F2P include: Ayaka or Ganyu. Kazuha or Venti. Kokomi or Zhongli. Raiden.  With any of those, you're set! But honestly you can just play/pull for who you like, 99% of the game isn't difficult at all!

I defintely recommend Genshin, I've been playing since October 2020! It's a great game for casual players especially, you can just dip in and do some exploring or new events! And we get new content every 6 weeks including story quests and new regions (which is the core of what the game is about, it's not a grindy MMO or anything!). It has a top-tier soundtrack and visuals, each new region just gets better and better. I often just stop to appreciate the music.

Edited by Seahorse

On 4/25/2022 at 7:21 PM, Seahorse said:

The funny thing about Genshin is lots of the top tier characters are actually 4 star ones you will easily get for free (Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu etc.). The new characters they release don't powercreep the originals, and most of the content is easy so you don't need the 5 star characters!  It's just they market them so well that you do want them 🤣

[..]

I defintely recommend Genshin, I've been playing since October 2020! It's a great game for casual players especially, you can just dip in and do some exploring or new events! And we get new content every 6 weeks including story quests and new regions (which is the core of what the game is about, it's not a grindy MMO or anything!). It has a top-tier soundtrack and visuals, each new region just gets better and better. I often just stop to appreciate the music.

Oh! Thank you for the explanation. It's just that I have read the chances of rolling a high star character are like 1/1000 (until you fall to soft/hard pity or whatever) and that just sounds low key despairing tbh.

Zhongli is my fantasy boi high tier of choice and probably the only reason I'll play if I decide to. It's good to know you can be as casual as you want though, that does help.

3 hours ago, KakashiMorph said:

Oh! Thank you for the explanation. It's just that I have read the chances of rolling a high star character are like 1/1000 (until you fall to soft/hard pity or whatever) and that just sounds low key despairing tbh.

Zhongli is my fantasy boi high tier of choice and probably the only reason I'll play if I decide to. It's good to know you can be as casual as you want though, that does help.

It sounds bad, but really you just don't expect a 5-star until you hit around 75 pulls :) Which go by fairly quickly, you can earn about this number of pulls in a patch if you do all the events and get the Welkin Moon ($4 a month). It's nice actually having a pity to hit, as some games don't and it means you can save up and guarentee who you really really want! If you fail to get the character on your first pity (75-80 pulls), then you are guarenteed them as your next 5 star (as long as you manage to get enough wishes before the banner ends!). Banners last for 3 weeks and there's sometimes 2 characters rated-up at once.

Zhongli is amazing, we last had him featured in a banner in February so he probably won't be back for around 4-6 months though.... Definitely not before the end of June... You can at least see him a fair amount in the main story and his 2 story quests! My favourite character is Kazuha and he's due a banner soon (I'm expecting June) - I highly recommend rolling for him!!

Mostly playing darkest dungeon 1 and 2 on pc (hyperfixation goes brrrrrrrrrrr) but I'm also going around and doing post-game stuff on Monster Hunter Stories 2! I got a friend to get the game so I started playing again to remember what I was doing lol

On 4/29/2022 at 12:55 AM, Seahorse said:

It sounds bad, but really you just don't expect a 5-star until you hit around 75 pulls :) Which go by fairly quickly, you can earn about this number of pulls in a patch if you do all the events and get the Welkin Moon ($4 a month). [..]

Zhongli is amazing, we last had him featured in a banner in February so he probably won't be back for around 4-6 months though.... Definitely not before the end of June... You can at least see him a fair amount in the main story and his 2 story quests! My favourite character is Kazuha and he's due a banner soon (I'm expecting June) - I highly recommend rolling for him!!

Oh! In that case, maybe I can have time to gather all those wishes or whatever before Zhongli comes back again! I will look into it a bit more then. Thanks!

Playing Hades currently

Been playing so much of The Binding of Isaac. I got the game on the switch for Christmas and it has absorbed so much of my freetime to a ridiculous degree.

i've been working on a randomized professor oak's challenge of pokemon red! extremely tedious and mind-numbing, just how i like it (seriously i love needlessly long challenges for games :3c)

I've recently discovered the Dragon Age series and right now I'm playing through Origins. I'm really enjoying it so far. Normally I play World of Warcraft and Stardew Valley, but I'm taking a break right now from both of those. 

replaying the Digital Devil Saga duology, might revisit SMT Nocturne once I'm done with finals... it's way more fun now that I'm better at JRPGs

Playing Super Mario World. Finally on Valley of Bowser. Honestly I'll be satisfied just finishing it, even if I don't do the special world and all the secret levels. Maybe I'm just bad at games, but it has some real tough parts.

playing Terraria again. small worlds are super handyI have trouble committing to bigger projects when it comes to Terraria, even though playing in large worlds is fun. I can never make big houses look good...

Playing Super Mario Odyssey, and for some reason I find it very amusing to have Mario run around in his clown outfit.

I've been playing an embarrassing amount of WolfQuest lately 😅 I get hyperfocused on it and play for HOURS. I'm also hoping to get back into playing Minecraft more again.