Malaika101

Lady Gaga

Love Scheisse so much, yeah! I'll hopefully go to the BTW Ball when it comes to Canada. I think tickets come on sale today...

Also excited for the new album!

I admit at first I didn't use to like her. But now i've changed my mind I guess she's like a modern Madonna in a sense. Bold and don't care too much about what people say about her. She sings pretty good too and I like most of her songs... wink.gif

I'm not a huge fan of her music (some of her songs are pretty catchy though smile.gif ) but I really love what she stands for and how strong of an advocate she is.

I don't listen to her songs actively, though I love "Born This Way" so much. But I really dislike her choice of clothing--- it's just too out there for my taste.

I like some of her songs, but I don't agree with a lot of the things she says/does.

Also, I really do not like the song "Born This Way," to the point where I turn off the radio when it comes on. I won't get too deeply into it, and I don't much care to start a discussion, but I'll just say that it makes me ask myself "do pedophiles choose to be that way, or are they born that way?" I don't think anyone CHOOSES to want to feel that way, so I'd say they're born that way... and, according to her song, being born a certain way automatically makes whatever you do a-ok. There's no morality or reason to control yourself, which I strongly disagree with, to put it mildly.

/flails for bringing deepthink into this, ahaha. But yah, that one drives me nuts.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

She has a unique style and a strong personality for sure, i like some of her songs, Born this way, Paparazzi, it's not my favorite type of music really, but sometimes i listen to her songs

i love her. i probably sound like i should be in an insane asylum, but i think she is a good role model. Just because of What She Has Done, not because of her clothes tongue.gif although i do love her songs too

I couldn't find the original quote, so I quoted SPS:

As a fellow AVENite put it:

As Lady Gaga is quite possibly one of the most pretentious celebrities alive, I'd take anything she says with a massive grain of salt. I'm not saying she's lying, exactly, but I'm tired of the way people rush to treat every semi-coherent thing that comes out of her mouth as a Profound Statement that needs to be analyzed from every conceivable angle in case it holds the Meaning of Life or something. I also wish that she (and others) would stop bragging about how "subversive" and "artistic" she supposedly is. She's a thin, blond white woman with a fondness for appearing in various states of undress who writes crap pop songs featuring lyrics that are typically half sexual innuendo and half really annoying chorus made up of nonsense rhyming that repeats ENDLESSLY. In other words, the only thing that separates her from 95% of current female pop singers is that she liberally steal--er, I mean borrows from David Bowie, Madonna and Grace Jones. Color me unimpressed. /rant.

She makes me cringe, and I have a very open mind and extremely wide music taste.

I have the greatest respect for what she does and says and how she stands for what she believes in, and I also like her vocal potential. She actually has a powerful voice. biggrin.gif

I like many songs from her "ARTPOP" album, but my favourites are "ARTPOP", "G.U.Y." and "MANiCURE". wink.gif