missiourichickenmama

Show the old description while it's being changed.

I agree with this I had a dragon described that I noticed a typo in, I'd prefer the typo version stay while the other one is getting approved to allow him to at least be described.

Yes please. I can't edit the last line of my neglected descrip because of the fact that it's been over a month since I submitted it. ;_;

Very simple idea and it makes so much sense. Why does this have so little support?

COMPLETELY support this. It seems like it would be a simple matter for the database to retain an old, but approved, description while the new one was still pending. And while it's massively awesome of the mods to be willing to take PMs about the status of descriptions, I'm one of those people who just never wanted to bother anyone with it. Definitely want to see this implemented.

This actually happens now with Renaming, a marvelous advance where discovering that the change you wanted to make doesn't work still leaves you with the name you's had.

So I don't expect that it would be that difficult just to leave an old description on in the interim?

I totally support this idea as well. It seems so simple and would make things so much easier for describers, especially those that describe A LOT, who want to fix typos or continuity in older descrips. I don't describe my dragons except in special cases, but I'm one of the obsessive reviewers and I think this would be a handy implementation. smile.gif