missiourichickenmama

Show the old description while it's being changed.

When you change the description of a dragon who already has an approved description, the old description dissapears from the dragon's page, and you have to wait for the new description to be approved. Maybe it could be changed so that when you edit a description that a dragon already has, the old description would be shown while the description is pending.

Waiting for the description to be updated doesn't take too long, or does it?

And anyway, why do you need to see the description while it's pending? You'll see the updated version soon enough.

Waiting for the description to be updated doesn't take too long, or does it?

And anyway, why do you need to see the description while it's pending? You'll see the updated version soon enough.

I've heard it takes a while.

I've heard it takes a while.

It took months before I had one reapproved... it was for Chell, just a couple minor edits.

Months.

I'm in complete agreement with the OP, showing the old description would be great.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Mmm, yeah, but I've also heard that if you want you can PM description mods (Terriah, I think, says something about it in her sig?), and they'll do yours faster. ^.^

Edit: I haven't described any of mine yet, so can't speak from personal experience there.

Edited by Imbecamiel

Mmm, yeah, but I've also heard that if you want you can PM description mods (Terriah, I think, says something about it in her sig?), and they'll do yours faster. ^.^

Edit: I haven't described any of mine yet, so can't speak from personal experience there.

There's only Terriah now, though, and even if everyone PM'd her, it'd still take a while.

When you change the description of a dragon who already has an approved description, the old description dissapears from the dragon's page, and you have to wait for the new description to be approved. Maybe it could be changed so that when you edit a description that a dragon already has, the old description would be shown while the description is pending.

Agree.

I cast my vote in with this. I tend to make typos and minor errors with my dragons' descriptions, and I'm too worried to fix them because I know they may take a long time. Terriah is doing her best, but there are tons of descriptions to be judged, far too many for one mod.

yes this is a good idea, its been 7 weeks since ive submited my discription and its still not ready...

Wow, this should have a lot more support than it does. I've never really understood why the old description disappears. I would very much like to see it change.

+1 considering how long it takes for a description to get approved. It would be nice to be able to change something without your dragons becoming 'anonymous' again for quite some time. (Not that I have any that are already approved, at the moment smile.gif )

I agree! It takes such a long to get a new one approved, your dragon will description-less for quite a while.

A HUGE number of descriptions suddenly got approved a few days ago - I assume the new mods have been working. I'd had some waiting almost a year and all of a sudden - BOOM ! Thanks, mods biggrin.gif

Hi All - and yes - we have been trying to get through them as quickly as we can!

(You are very welcome fuzzbucket! - and we are sorry it has taken so long!)

There are at least 3 or 4 of us doing them now, so, hopefully - the wait won't be so painful any more! smile.gif

As to a bit of explanation about why the old one disappears, and the process starts over again - there currently is no system in place that tells the mod who is looking at it that it was or was not ever approved at any point in the past. If it was approved, all the user comments drop off - so, we can't even go by that! And - we can't see the old description to see if it was a simple tweak, or if it was a complete re-write.

For simplicity sake, I think it is probably safer to have them re-modded after a change, but I do understand the frustration that having to wait so long has and can cause. Hopefully, that issue won't continue in the future!

We thank you for your continued patience and ~ keep writing those descriptions ~ we'll get them done as quickly as we can!

Edited by LadyAmlaruil2

No worries - it was ever so exciting when they went BOOM !

I agree. I've done a few more descriptions and they did take a long while, so I stopped in hopes that if I waited a year that would get better. nope. still took about a month for one tweak and another two for another dragon. So I agree (again) in this idea of having the old description up while the new one gets 'graded' .

Hi All - and yes - we have been trying to get through them as quickly as we can!

(You are very welcome fuzzbucket! - and we are sorry it has taken so long!)

There are at least 3 or 4 of us doing them now, so, hopefully - the wait won't be so painful any more! smile.gif

As to a bit of explanation about why the old one disappears, and the process starts over again - there currently is no system in place that tells the mod who is looking at it that it was or was not ever approved at any point in the past. If it was approved, all the user comments drop off - so, we can't even go by that! And - we can't see the old description to see if it was a simple tweak, or if it was a complete re-write.

For simplicity sake, I think it is probably safer to have them re-modded after a change, but I do understand the frustration that having to wait so long has and can cause. Hopefully, that issue won't continue in the future!

We thank you for your continued patience and ~ keep writing those descriptions ~ we'll get them done as quickly as we can!

Unless I misunderstood, the suggestion was that the old, already approved description would continue to show on the dragon's view page as it always had until the new one was approved, not that the new one would be auto-approved simply because the dragon had used to have an approved description.

It would require a change to the coding, of course, but I think it could work nicely. The old description wouldn't notify approvers whether it had been approved or not, but you would know that it had been by the fact that it would continue to show on the page... The approvers wouldn't even necessarily need to see the old one at all or even to know that it exists to approve the new one because whether it's a big or a small change oughtn't to have an effect on whether the new one is approved, as long as the new one meets the criteria that all descriptions must meet.

It's not even really about the amount of time it takes, it's just a matter of continuity. It's sad that a dragon becomes anonymous again for an unspecified amount of time just because you're changing part of its description.

Descriptions can take awhile to go through but terriah isnt the only one who does them. I can do them and so can MOST of the mods. As a matter of fact i know at least 2 of them have been plowing through the descriptions over the past week.

I agree that the old descriptions should show until the new ones go through. Since i recently switched up my mates in my space chickens it drove me nuts that i had to wait for them to reflect the names of the new mates. However... i believe that putting the new one in erases the fact their was one, so that the mods can see exactly whats needing approved sad.gif

I dont mind people messaging me to get their descriptions through. Most people poke me in the IRC since im not really a mod here on the forum tongue.gif I've been slacking on the description approvals though since the newer mods have been working their magic tongue.gif

Terri's not even here anymore, so she doesn't do any.

Lyz, LadyA, and I (and Nix is chipping in, too) are working on them.

However, I do still like this idea. As long as it's possible for mods to just see the newer version. :3

I'd like this, and I thought of something. Maybe we could have a "show description" checkbox for each dragon for when they're edited by mods? Like, if you had a description that was really horrible, you could leave the box blank.

~Cavey

YES PLEASE I WOULD LIKE THIS A LOT THANK YOU. ive been waiting on some descriptions for a long time now, and the sad part is, one dragon i have had his description rejected twice within a day or so of describing him, and the other ones are STILL waiting for approval. >.<

it would be really nice for something to at least BE THERE for people to see during the wait.

I agree that holding old descriptions if the user wants should be implemented. If the option existed now, I would update quite a few of my dracons. The period of being one with the undescribed is the only thing holding me from updating many of my dracons. Some of them really need their descriptions updated...