TJ09

05/22/10 - State of the Cave

This is madness! biggrin.gif

Madness? No. THIS....IS...SPARTA!!!

Couldn't resist it.

And the Progeny tool is awesome! *just found it*

Woohoo! I'm excited for new dragons >: D Thank you for the update, TJ :3!

thanks much TJ!!!!

new release maybe in my birth month woohoo!

more sora dragons and drakes plz! (lol crosses fingers in anticipation)

Yay! More dragons! *glares at eggs and hatchies* My scroll lock could be a problem! sad.gif

For those users who are talking about the possibility of breeds being retired, relax. That isn't going to happen.

As for the ideas going around in regards to what TJ mentioned, trust me. They are excellent ideas and I am sure that you will be pleased with them. The spriters for one are very excited about what is to come.

In short, don't stress or worry. smile.gif

New dragons! YAY! Now begins the hard time.. To..keep..myself...unlocked... >.<

laugh.gif

Thank you so much TJ biggrin.gif Oh I can't wait for the new dragons!

Thank you for the update.

I look forward to seeing your plans for dealing with the increasing number of breeds. I too hope it isn't the retirement of some dragons.

As for new eggs. I really hope they'll return to dropping exclusively for c. three days and not just 24 hours as with the MM. Please.

For those users who are talking about the possibility of breeds being retired, relax. That isn't going to happen.

As for the ideas going around in regards to what TJ mentioned, trust me. They are excellent ideas and I am sure that you will be pleased with them. The spriters for one are very excited about what is to come.

In short, don't stress or worry. smile.gif

Sounds like you've heard some of the ideas, which I'm sure the rest of us will hear when TJ is closer to ready, and they've been discussed more.

Good to hear that nothing else will be retired for this. I'd like to see the cave become more 3 dimensional. Having options at the cave entrance for things like "Move deeper into the cave", "Move down towards the lake", or "Climb up to the rocky cliff" , where you would be more likely to find a certain breed type would be appealing to me.

Separating them by when they were released might work too, but then you can expect only the spot with the newest releases to get the majority of "traffic". Keeping the Rares rare and not having just one place to look for metallics might also be a challenge. Though keeping them with the old breeds might help. I look forward to seeing what ideas are released for review.

Lineage tool is cool.

Looking forward to new eggs. Opera eggs soon would be great.

Edited by jadehand

Sounds like you've heard some of the ideas, which I'm sure the rest of us will hear when TJ is closer to ready, and they've been discussed more.

Yep. smile.gif Keep an eye out. ^^

I can't wait for new release ^^

And i like that they are thinking 'more dragons, hard to get' - problem, although i have no that problem tongue.gif

Dealing with increasing numbers of breeds

As more and more releases occur, it's pretty obvious that the increasing variety of dragons makes it harder to collect them all. We're developing a number of solutions to this problem, and once we think we have the best possible options we'll present them to you and gather user feedback.

Oh good! Theres so many I havn't gotten!

biggrin.gif Thank you for the updates! Can't wait to see the new eggies, though it's likely it will be a struggle to get them, but hopefully you guys'll be able to resolve the issue of 'collecting them all' happy.gif

*waves*

Good to hear that nothing else will be retired for this. I'd like to see the cave become more 3 dimensional. Having options at the cave entrance for things like "Move deeper into the cave", "Move down towards the lake", or "Climb up to the rocky cliff" , where you would be more likely to find a certain breed type would be appealing to me.

Separating them by when they were released might work too, but then you can expect only the spot with the newest releases to get the majority of "traffic". Keeping the Rares rare and not having just one place to look for metallics might also be a challenge. Though keeping them with the old breeds might help. I look forward to seeing what ideas are released for review.

Lineage tool is cool.

Looking forward to new eggs. Opera eggs soon would be great.

I like this idea!

The main cave would probably have an equal chance of getting anything, cliffs a higher chance of getting wyvrens and other mainly flying breeds, the lake has a higher chance of getting water breeds, the forrest has a higher chance of herbivore and plant/forrest breeds, and the rockey valley? has a higher chance of breeds like pebbles, stones and magmas.

There would still be a chance of, say, getting a Magma at the lake, just a lower chance, and things like metalics are randomly scattered between all the diffrent areas.

This could also help on holiday releases, as the main cave would be full of event eggs, and the other areas could only have them drop occasionaly, with mainly the other breeds droping.

*does not want any more breeds retired*