TJ09

05/22/10 - State of the Cave

I don't think I'm the only one feeling uneasy about "Dealing with to many breeds" But yay for new dragons! I just got one of every MM egg, so bring on the new ones! biggrin.gif Of corse, I'll be gone all next week... sad.gif

This idea of "dealing with too many breeds" makes me very uneasy too.

What if you put many on rotation? Like the seasonals? I think that would satisfy everyone rather than upsetting people who are trying or have lineages with that dragon that is "going to be dealt with."

But like TJ said, they will toss out the possible solutions to us soon. I just hope rotation is one of the options.

Thanks TJ and all the moderators, artists, and spriters that work so hard so we can enjoy this site.

Looking forward to the new dragons and maybe being able to catch some.

YEAH....new Dragons!!!! Hopefully you let us know, if you thing you should discontinu some of the other dragons so we can collect them before?

This idea of "dealing with too many breeds" makes me very uneasy too.

What if you put many on rotation? Like the seasonals? I think that would satisfy everyone rather than upsetting people who are trying or have lineages with that dragon that is "going to be dealt with."

But like TJ said, they will toss out the possible solutions to us soon. I just hope rotation is one of the options.

But...how would they? Like, many of the sprites are just sprites, not closely related to others.....for example, take water walkers. The rotation idea, however, is interesting. biggrin.gif

Thank you TJ for the tool that will help a lot with the game! smile.gif

Yay for new dragons! I was scrolling through the completed list a while back and there some that were just wonderful!!! I hope they are all common! Granted I have yet to get any CB hellfire's, I'm sure I will in the future! I'm so excited! Can'ts wait for the new dragons XXD

In regards to the dealing with increasing numbers of breeds - Id perfer not to have dragons retired - and I do not think that would be the best idea - due to new playres etc not being able to get dragons and ppl getting linages stuffed up.

Id like to see more eggs in the cave, or even a faster rotation of them somehow - like if they are not picked up within a minute or two, replace it with a new egg and have it come back through later? Or just have more eggs in the cave? eithe way Im sure it will suit most of the DC users.

or a rotation of some sort - like I heard a rumour about that not long ago...

YESSSS!!! It's nice to know so many things are being considered to better the site and forums, and I love the new Neotropical-themed merchandise. I really can't wait until the new dragon release, but hopefully we wont have to retire any of the old dragons (I was sad when the Frilleds were retired).

Why is everyone talking about breeds being retired? TJ hasn't mentioned anything about that. And he did say he'd gather user feedback first, so I don't think we need to get concerned about this yet.

I still don't have any of the newest releases (I don't think... was the bbw that release or the one before? hmmm), I can't seem to see them at all... but new dragons? Maybe they will be MORE common then the last ones? Hopefully? Maybe?

Yaaayyy for new dragons! I have to agree that too many dragon types makes it hard to catch certain ones in the cave. Retiring dragons, though, sets off wails of concern from collectors. What if, instead of retiring older breeds, they just started appearing less often in the cave? In other words, they would drop at the same percentage rate as rares, but would still be breedable as commons. That would give people more chances to catch the new ones, and the collecting/trading value of the older types would go up if they were caveborn.

OMG! A new breed of dragons are coming? Yays *dances* I love to see more dragons...Though I need more time before collecting some dragons in pairs wink.gif

Thank you so much for the update TJ <3

Sounds great, and thank you!

But as far as the difficulty in collecting goes, is it not possible simply to cut back on ultra-commons, so that all sprites are still available, if searched for, without having an overload of dragon types produced that many people have enough of and that tend to be reluctantly taken (and often for freezing/Release) in the Cave/AP because too many are produced for demand?

It would really be so much more straightforward than many other suggestions I've seen, and solve the problem without creating new ones that could really foul up a lot of people...

SMG2 + New Dragons in the same week? *head asplodes*

*cheers*

This sounds awesome, TJ!

*crosses fingers for Ink and Orca*

Edited by Completely Different

Wow!! I'm just starting to get all the dragons I want, and now, there are more coming! This is great news, thank you TJ! smile.gif My only complain is that with all the work I have to do I will have even less sleep time! Anyway, this is fun. biggrin.gif

Win.

[insert positive internet slang here]

[insert positive internet slang here2]

[insert positive internet slang here3]

Oh joy, now i get to deal with the garbage on the wiki, how special.

*gives Vote a banhammar*

Almost didn't recognize you. Avvie change.

I was like WTF IS THAT GUY!

Good to know.

P.S i have a cold.

I hate my pa.

I am not a animal. sad.gif

If any one want to make my Happy.

I would like a Vampires eggs or Hatchings

Edited by Dixie200