rainpeltstar

Animal Crossing

Do YOU have Animal Crossing?  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Username: Marina-chan

Why you like AC: It's endless, I also think it's a cute game.

I can't wait for New Leaf, but for now, I have City Folk and I'm enjoying it so far.

Oh, this is a thing?

Username: Pika_Oi

Why you like AC: It's cute and extremely relaxing most of the time. Also, I enjoy hoarding fish and insects and placing tons of them in my house.

I have all three versions, and I'm planning on getting New Leaf. Octavian is my favorite neighbor, and I have him in my town on City Folk (I wish I had both octopuses, though.) c:

I've been planning on starting over my Wild World town at some point since I left it kind of a mess.

How did I not find this thread earlier?

I love Animal Crossing, I played the original to death (literally, I killed my memory card) and haven't played it since. I wasn't quite ready to get back into it with Wild World and was disappointed by City Folk, but I'm looking forward to New Leaf (the 3DS version). I've preordered it now that Nintendo has given a launch date of June 9!

Man I used to love Animal Crossing. <3 I only ever owned the Gamecube version, which I adored but never got terribly far on. I'm really interested in buying the 3DS one though. :D

Played 3 gamecube versions (AF+,AFe+ and "PG"), WW, and CF. The two Japanese gamecube ones took a lot of determination--ended up running it on my wii and its on my PC now as well. True animal crossing fan here.

I've caught every fish and bug in the whole series so far, even the Japanese-only ones.

Ohh yeah I completely forgot about the other gamecube animal crossing games. >__>; I only owned the "Population: Growing" one.

The others are japan only aren't they?

Wow. I only have Wild World for the DS and I get bored of that a lot. I want the Wii one, and in May, the 3DS. (I forgot what the Wii game was called... Something like City something?) I always like to change the times. A LOT.

The Wii game was Animal Crossing: City Folk.

Interestingly enough, the ability to travel to the city is what made me not want to buy the game. I much preferred visiting someone else's town on their memory card, although that required someone trusting me enough with their town to let me visit. laugh.gif

I almost bought Wild World, but coming off of the Gamecube version I didn't want to invest hours of my life into another AC game, so I didn't get it.

Well, I want to travel to the city! It's not like Wild World where you have to use a lot of money in Nook's to get him to have that hair-stylist. I get bored sometimes, so I delete the whole thing. I can't wait long enough for he hair stylist! I wish I was more patient.

Username: Pika_Oi

Why you like AC: Bunnie and Cube

(From Cube)

Dearie! You've been away for some time? I guess I hadn't noticed because I've been chatting with you in my Dreams!

I have them both in the same City. Though if I had to pick my favourite it would be Cube. His Mother told him to give someone who's been really good and nice to him a gift. Guess who he picked :3 he's so sweet.

i can't believe how long it's been since this thread was posted on. New Leaf is coming out so soon!! is anyone excited for it and is planning to get it? ovo

i don't have a 3DS at the moment but i can admire it from afar ahah.... u_u

I love how they put it so you can do more with changing your house. I want it right now and that shall be my first purchase. I lost the game all the time in the first one I had on my DS system and loved the hair salon. I hope also the mole doesnt come again when you dont save T.T He CREEPED ME OUT

The mole (Resetti) only comes to you once. To see him more, you have to build the Reset Center.

Animal Crossing New Leaf came out 5 days ago! I love it so far. THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO!

I just got the New Leaf one a few days ago. xd.png

I'm definitely enjoying it, I have the primary fruit peaches and am growing cherries (got from the "tutorial").

The thing that bugs me is that you have to exchange friend codes to play online with other people? unsure.gifdry.gif Please let e know if this information is correct and the steps one has to take to make it accessible.

Well, if that's the case, I'd be more than happy to share mine, (and hopefully others will do the same) so that we can have full access to all of the wonderful features that this game has to offer. biggrin.gif

friend code: 5284 - 2405 - 7872

Edited by Arimermaid

New Leaf is completely fantastic. I wasn't expecting the graphics to be this pretty. o:

I'm really happy that the train station and the post office are back (and that the post office music is a redux of the original post office music) c:

You don't have to add each other if you and your friend go to eachother's houses. (Nearby town) But with people not in the same room, live far away, etc, you need to add them.(Faraway town) If you guys want to add me, my code is 1821-9777-8148.

Ohhh, I forgot this game was coming out! ohmy.gif Still don't have a 3DS though, but I might just download this game when I get one in October.

The last one I played was WW for the DS. Anyone wanna share any details about new features and all that? happy.gif

Mine came in, and I'm enjoying it so far. It's so weird being mayor of the town instead of just a resident. I like being able to pick the town layout, but I miss being able to customize how my character looks. Maybe I just haven't gotten to that part yet...

Fun so far!

I couldn't get New Leaf on its release date (money and all) but I'm determined to get it sometime this week. >:c

I'm loving it so far. Once you get main street all built up there is so much customization you can do. Shoes, socks, dresses, shirts, long sleeves, pants, shorts! Hair, contacts!

Oh and the QR Codes (through the able sisters, talk to mabel each day for a couple days and she'll give you access to them), are, the best. I have some seriously awesome outfits now thanks to the wonders of the internet and the amazing people who share the QR codes for their work!

You can also re-skin furniture in this game. I haven't done it yet but I'm looking at making some of the gemstone furnitures (combining ores with furniture).

At first I felt weird being the mayor but once you start doing all the public work projects it's fun to get to do some town customization, even if you have to pay for everything anyway (pffft my townspeople are cheap).

I also chose the "make town beautiful" ordinance and my town kind of exploded in flowers ;_; I can't run anywhere.