bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

My fingers are just itching to click away all the hatchies, adults, and fog balls from the Clinic, Daycare and Nursery! laugh.gif I know they don't stay there for long, but they still bother me!

There is something about cleaning the hatchery that I like, too. I probably view the site much less than I should since the old cleaning function isn't running yet.

Yep, I like clearing out the hatchery, including clicking through ERs the try and speed up their growth. It's a shame fewer people are contributing views anymore; things are taking longer and inclusion in more sites to crack. I keep several viewers running any time I'm not actively hunting the biomes, but there's only so much a handful of users can contribute.

AoND is my main hatchery, so I'm glad it reappeared immediately! I only wish that the dragons' view page that pulls up when you click on individuals was still built in to the webpage itself rather than being a popup - it takes longer to load, and the repeated bright flash as it does hurts my eyes.

It should actually load just as long as before, since the same data is being loaded. But fact is, TJ himself has requested several fansites to open dragon pages in their own window instead of an in-page frame.

If your browser permits (e.g. Firefox), you can set it to open new pages (including popups) in new tabs instead of new windows, and to have them load as background tabs, not foreground - makes for less flashing.

So glad to see AoND up and running! It's one of my favorite hatcheries biggrin.gif

bbik has said everything that was on the old site will be on the new eventually, so I will be patient waiting for action trackers! With like 100 reds it's annoying having to remember which I've incubated with >.>

I'm having a weird problem with giving views. It could just be my browser but I wanted to check. Not on the homepage, but on the viewer page http://www.allureofnds.net/viewer?pop=up if I change any of the dropdown boxes (time to refresh, eggs shown, w/e) then every time it refreshes itself, it triggers the little browser popup asking if I want to resubmit the data. This means it's not actually refreshing itself because it's waiting for my response :\

I don't know what browser you are using, but I think it must be something in your browser settings. I use Firefox and the viewer works fine for me.

I miss the trackers, too. The dropdown on the scroll that allows viewing only dragons available for BSA helps somewhat, but seems to me to be much more awkward to use since it shows all BSA dragons together and, depending on your scroll order, that can mean scrolling through a lot of stuff you don't need to get to what you are looking for.

That's not good! I really depend on this site. Hope it will be back quickly.

There is something about cleaning the hatchery that I like, too. I probably view the site much less than I should since the old cleaning function isn't running yet.

I came here to see if there was any update on this. I loved cleaning on the old site, and I'm sad it's not back yet.

Glad to see the features back smile.gif

One question though: If I add an egg to the ND autorefreshers, is it automatically added to the ER as well? Or can I use it to get only OV's without getting UV's at the same time? I seem to remember there was a "add to ER" (or "don't add to ER"?) checkbox before.

Edited by Ha-Ki

I came here to see if there was any update on <insert your favorite pre-existing feature here>.

Sorry guys! I do still plan to get everything back online, but I've been ridiculously busy. Hopefully when winter comes back around, I'll have a little more time again, but right now, it's harvest season, so all my free time is being used up dealing with that!

Glad to see the features back smile.gif

One question though: If I add an egg to the ND autorefreshers, is it automatically added to the ER as well? Or can I use it to get only OV's without getting UV's at the same time? I seem to remember there was a "add to ER" (or "don't add to ER"?) checkbox before.

No, it is not added. The ND page has only ever been for the ARing, and that is how it will remain. The original ER page had the option you remember, but right now, the only way to get a dragon into the ER is through the Daycare.

What's ARing?

ARing means to slap the egg into an auto-refresher. AoND has their own on-site ones :>

Thanks, bbik!

Yes, must have been the original ER then, glad to hear the AR is going to stay like it is!

I'm glad to see the site back, it was one of my main hatcheries happy.gif

I just hope that in future (aka when you guys have time, no rush!) we'll be able to get again the ER page like it was before biggrin.gif And also... would you like to add again the "check all" option to the daily care? It's uncomfortable (at least for me) to add manually every single item I have on the scroll sad.gif

Thanks for all your work, can't wait to see the new features you talk about!! wub.gif

And also... would you like to add again the "check all" option to the daily care?

It's there, on the form where you enter your username, the first "Additional options" checkbox says "Auto-add all dragons?"

Trying to add some eggs here, and instead of loading my scroll, I'm only getting a solid green page. Is this happening to anyone else?

Works fine for me. Does clearing cache and/or restarting browser change anything?

Works fine for me. Does clearing cache and/or restarting browser change anything?

Cleared the old cookies for the site and it works now. smile.gif

It's there, on the form where you enter your username, the first "Additional options" checkbox says "Auto-add all dragons?"

Thanks for the reply :3

Well, I never use auto-add options, it also adds what I don't want to be added - like eggs to deliver or ER that I don't want to hatch in that moment (I'll have to remove it manually, and not all hatcheries instantly delete your eggs from their cycles).

I simply use the check-all option, then I click the few ones I don't want to be added and finally I submit. That's why I miss that box smile.gif

Edited by MisunderstoodDreamer