bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

I just wanted to say a big "Thank You!" for all the work you're doing on the new site. Dragon Cave wouldn't be able to function if we didn't have sites to add our eggs. You rock! cool.gif

Oh. THERE you are.

I was worried when I couldn't find the site any more wub.gif

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this. wub.gif It is my favorite hatching site and I'm glad the change went so smoothly.

Discovered a minor issue this morning. When I change the "refresh every..." time and hit "submit" it always instantly changes the time to 0.1 minutes, even if I chose 3 minutes or 0.5 minutes.

Haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been reported yet.

Well went to put my new ones in and found out the old site was gone already. >_< Got the new link so thanks bbik for keeping it alive. smile.gif

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this. wub.gif It is my favorite hatching site and I'm glad the change went so smoothly.

Discovered a minor issue this morning. When I change the "refresh every..." time and hit "submit" it always instantly changes the time to 0.1 minutes, even if I chose 3 minutes or 0.5 minutes.

Haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been reported yet.

Yes it has but as far as I can tell it still does what you asked !

Just curious, is there a way to get rid of the popup viewer? With the old one you could click and the dragons info would popup at the bottom.

Oh crap is it back?

Does it have the same url?

*rushes off to check OP*

[EDIT:]

Oh man it looks awesome~! I can't wait to use it biggrin.gif Good job on the new site.

Curiously will it have all the same features of the old site eventually or will it simply remain as a purely daycare site?

Edited by AnanoKimi

Are there new badges of the site so I can put one in my sig?
Yes, bbik posted them here and the first post is also updated.

Just curious, is there a way to get rid of the popup viewer? With the old one you could click and the dragons info would popup at the bottom.
Here's what bbik posted about that. I hope it helps.

Specific feedback:

* The dragon page popup -- There are a few things here. First, for those who don't see it, it only shows up when JavaScript is enabled. Otherwise, it uses the same old box at the bottom of the page. For those who do see it, I also wasn't sure if it might be a bit slower (that might be something that can be tweaked when I have time, too; I'll have to see), but I was hoping it would be more convenient for looking at the pages, at the very least. And it sounds like that goal was met! I hadn't thought of the speed-clicking as much, so that's a valid concern, but I'm not sure whether that or the visibility takes priority. However, there are actually a variety of ways to close that box when you're done with it. The obvious is clicking outside of it. Alternatively, hitting Esc also works, and I believe Q or W or some letter works as well. Does that help those of you who dislike it when mass-clicking?

Curiously will it have all the same features of the old site eventually or will it simply remain as a purely daycare site?
According to bbik all the old features will be back in time. This was just what could be cobbled together quickly before the old site went poof.
Everything that was in the old site will be in the new site. Some will take less effort and be back sooner, but it will all be back.

Hope that helps with the questions. I know bbik is very busy so I thought I would try to answer what I could.

That is definitely very helpful for my questions, thank you so much purple. Its good to see it back and I hope bbik isnt stressing out too much.

i miss the old site and all its tools i hope the lineage maker and inbred checker come back soon

thanks for putting the site back up

I know bbik is very busy so I thought I would try to answer what I could.

Thanks, purplehaze. I was just thinking I should find an honorary thread moderator to take care of things like this!

Anyhow, a sneaky little bug with the auto-cleaner that was becoming increasingly problematic has been found and smooshed. Next up (or rather, back at the top of the list now that the cleaner's fixed) is fixing the viewer display problems and seeing if I can reasonably hack together bits of the old site to get some of the extras back online until I can deal with them properly.

Thank you for keeping up with the site and providing us with the new one! Only thing I miss so far is star sessions of clearing out eggs/hatchies/adults. xd.png

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but I do not know where to post it otherwise...

I have some issues with the site. Each time I visit the site the page is white and I can't see the hatchery or site. did it maybe change it's link a bit or is it a issue that (only?) I have?

I hope someone can help me because The Allure of Neglected Dragons in one of mine main hatcheries ^^

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but I do not know where to post it otherwise...

I have some issues with the site. Each time I visit the site the page is white and I can't see the hatchery or site. did it maybe change it's link a bit or is it a issue that (only?) I have?

I hope someone can help me because The Allure of Neglected Dragons in one of mine main hatcheries ^^

You need to go to the updated site, http://www.allureofnds.net. There is more info as you check back through the last month of posts, and not all the old features are running yet, but the daycare works very well.

You need to go to the updated site, http://www.allureofnds.net. There is more info as you check back through the last month of posts, and not all the old features are running yet, but the daycare works very well.

Thank you biggrin.gif

I had the old link in mine favorites but I will change that ^^

Sorry for not checking the old posts, I forgot that. normally I check the 2-5 last pages but I forgot it this time *feels stupid*

Too many pages to read through, so just ignore me if it has been reported already:

Sorting dragons by scroll to give views does not work, it only displays ER's.

Thanks for working so hard to keep this site running!

I'm so glad this site has returned! And I like the layout. You've done an excellent job! *Salutes*

Too many pages to read through, so just ignore me if it has been reported already:

I don't mind that the sort by scroll doesn't work. I never used it that way, and it's safer without the option for the way I raise my babies. smile.gif

I will be happy to see almost all of the other options return. First on my list would be the ER refresher, but I know it will takes the time it takes. No worries! biggrin.gif

Is it just me, or did the ER completely stop working?

I've been hatching my dragons with the ER function since the new site went up, but somehow today it doesn't work anymore. My two eggs aren't gaining any views at all.

EDIT: Never mind, the wording on the Daycare page just confused me. The "allow ER use" option doesn't do anything. It took me a while to realize the "Add to Clinic" option is the actual ER.

Edited by Beldarius

I can't remember if that specific issue has been reported, but I am aware of it. Thanks!

The "allow ER use" option doesn't do anything.

It's actually supposed to put extreme ERs into a special section, but you're right, it's broken right now. I've actually been in the process of fixing that for the past couple days; it's being more stubborn than I expected.

Site seems to be down sad.gif I got a white page saying it was not there.

Site seems to be down sad.gif I got a white page saying it was not there.

Were you using the old link or the new one? http://www.allureofnds.net It looks fine for me.

The new one. Seems to be fine now as the problem was my ISP was doing work in our area rolleyes.gif