bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

I like the set up of the new page, and the addition of the Lineage is very nice!

Will the viewing page have the option to help clean? Right now, the Clinic is mostly hatchlings, and I would help clean if I saw a way to help.

I am getting the 0.1 when I try to use the 1 minute setting. It seems like the sort buttons on the viewing page are accepting the setting I ask for, but displaying what they default to. They work, but they look like they don't. Does that make sense?  Apart from this minor glitch, it's a beautiful job, bbik! Agrona would be proud.

Ah yeah, it did that 0.1 minute thing to me, too. And it would be nice if we could clean... but by and large, this is so excellent.

...also the 'number of eggs/hatchlings' buttons work just fine, but they don't 'stick' at the number you pick. Idk if that can be changed or not >_>

Edited by silver_chan

Love the new site. Just to be clear...the ability to clear the dead eggs/adults and to move hatchlings will be added back at a future point? Because already there are a ton of adults hanging out and I'm itching to clear them >.<

Love the new layout. I just hate that the one that I knew for so long will be vanishing. sad.gif

Guess I'll take a few screen shots...

Love the new site. Just to be clear...the ability to clear the dead eggs/adults and to move hatchlings will be added back at a future point? Because already there are a ton of adults hanging out and I'm itching to clear them >.<

Yeah, that's kinda driving me crazy right now, too. Setting my OCD off something fierce.

Edit: Plus it risks making ER hatchies sick. sad.gif

Edited by Ardath Rekha

Everything that was in the old site will be in the new site. Some will take less effort and be back sooner, but it will all be back.

The viewer problems are probably a result of next to no testing after trying to yank the old code just to have something to make adding dragons useful. I'm not sure if I'll have time to look into them tomorrow, but certainly sometime next week.

The hatchlings/adults not being removed were because of a bug in the auto-cleaner -- and I actually had tested that pretty well, and it was working, so I have no idea how that one got by. But it should be fixed now. Manual cleaning will return, but it should be self-maintained somewhat in the meantime, at least.

What awful news about Agrona. I didn't interact with her much, but it's clear she made a huge difference to a lot of people. May she rest in peace. bbik, if there's anything we can do, let us know, please.

One (hopefully) minor request for whenever you get around to it - do you think you'd be able to move the old AR across to the new site?

The viewer problems are probably a result of next to no testing after trying to yank the old code just to have something to make adding dragons useful. I'm not sure if I'll have time to look into them tomorrow, but certainly sometime next week.

Thank you for all your hard work! To be clear, my comments weren't complaining but intending to help you find the bugs in the site.

I'm sure you'll get everything up sooner or later, and thank you again for keeping AoND alive.

Rest In Peace Agrona.

Maybe a bit late but from the heart.

I am glad to see you made the transition without going off line because that might have cost you some loyal users, not to mention that it is always harder to start from nothing than it is to continue something.

I am usually very bad with change but the few changes so far in the daycare page I can certainly manage and the new options there are very cool.

Also very glad to hear that the lineage viewer and inbred checker will be returning. I use the checker on all my dragons before i name them. (and i name ALL my dragons)

Just read about Agrona. sad.gif

To know that someone so crucial to the equation has left us is something that's pretty hard to take in one sitting. I pray that her family will be able to recover. If anything, I'm glad she lend us her skills to make Dragon Cave a little better.

I like the new site, but all my eggs gets sick so fast :/ oh and I miss that add/clear all -button.

tried to get to the old site to "save codes" and it wouldn't load for me. no big deal though since all the dragons i would add can be easily separated out on my scroll.

i do like the new site. i like the lineage link where it is and i like that it pops up to a full screen version rather than having it off in a little corner that you can't really see a larger lineage without scrolling.

i also like that it says when your next egg could hatch and next hatchling could grow up.

what does the 'Trackers (dying!)' tab mean?

I think the dying is a warning to save your stuff.

I assume we will in the end need to make new banners ? As mine has fallen over dead.

I like the new site! I'm so happy that you have kept this site running. It's one of my favorites! Thank you! biggrin.gif

May she have found the lessons this life was to teach her and taught the lessons she was supposed to.

Also found out today that Sir Christopher Lee, a great supporter of the arts, died today so this is doubly sad day.

WHAT. AS IF I WASN'T ALREADY CRYING ENOUGH.

June 7th...

No one... told me...

I assume we will in the end need to make new banners ? As mine has fallen over dead.

Looks like I'll need to replace my AoND Banner too. The link in my old one now leads to a blank page.

Looks like I'll need to replace my AoND Banner too. The link in my old one now leads to a blank page.

I meant my stats one...

Aw, damn. The old site's domain expired. Time to find the new site to add my eggs, they need some clicks!

I meant my stats one...

But neither banner show at this point, just the "user image posted," so I guess they'll all need replacing.

It's pending deletion due to expiration? Please tell me it will be renewed!

What do you mean Niyaka?

Go to the very first page of this thread and the first clickable link will lead you to the actual site of Allure of Neglected Dragon.

Glad it's back up on another server. The new design looks great. smile.gif

I noticed while adding dragons, there is no 'click all' button like last time. Will there be one put in?