bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Agrona gets to play with the dragons all the time now and create whatever new ones she wants.

This is only site i use.

I never use any other ones at all.

So this might stray up .

I love the site she created! I'm so sad about the news. My prayers for her and her family.

Oh my gosh. When internet friends disappear, I always try to think the best. It's hard to learn that Agrona's passed away. Thank goodness we at least got news of it. Thanks for sharing, bbik (and Agrona's son). This is one of my favorite sites. I'll always think of Agrona when I visit it. <3

Thanks for the update. My condolences to her family. We may not know much else about her life, but we will always remember her for her invaluable contributions to our community.

What awful, shocking news - I hope you will pass the good wishes of everyone on this forum to Agrona's family. sad.gif

Thank you for the update, bbik. My deepest condolences & prayers to those who knew her, family, friends, and others alike. Such sad news indeed. sad.gif

However, we'll always remember & be thankful what role she played in constructing AoND

Edited by LumosSeeker148

It is so sad when we hear that someone who has gone missing will not be returning. Thank you to a wonderful member of the community and RIP dear heart. Thank you bbik for all your hard work and if you need anything holler smile.gif

i'm shocked and saddened by this news. i didn't get the chance to know Agrona as well as i do with some of my other trading partners, but i did trade a fair bit with her.

her kindness and generosity went a big way in helping me grow my prize collection and i truly cannot thank her enough for being such a great trading partner when she was here.

my condolences to her family. she will be missed, but not forgotten *nods*

The good news: Website updates are going fairly well.

The less-good news: All of this updating is quite a massive undertaking, especially when I can only work on it in small bits of time, after I'm already tired from a full day. So there is still tons left to do. But it's getting there.

Unfortunately, though, that is not the real reason for this post. I spoke with Agrona's son recently, and he had some very unexpected news, which he has requested I pass along to all of you.

The awful news: Agrona suffered a bad heart attack last spring and passed away. sad.gif

I was shocked to hear that news, and my heart goes out to all of her children and family members. user posted image

I know many of you use the various fansites without knowing much about the people behind them, but Agrona was instrumental in AoND's creation. Without her, the site would never have existed, nor lasted anywhere near this long. I may be responsible for the code, but code is nothing without a way for it to be used, and Agrona provided that way for years by allowing me to use part of her hosting account. In fact, without Agrona, I may not even have found myself the day job I have now, nor the career path it has allowed me to follow. I never had the opportunity to meet Agrona in person, but she was always as helpful as could be, no matter how busy (she even helped with hosting problems while on vacation!), and I will always remember and be grateful for that. smile.gif

Omg, that is terrible! sad.gif At least her work will continue on in some way! smile.gif

May she have found the lessons this life was to teach her and taught the lessons she was supposed to.

Also found out today that Sir Christopher Lee, a great supporter of the arts, died today so this is doubly sad day.

Good luck, this reply is rathe rlate, but it saddens me that it'll be going offline, no matter how long. Get it up soon, you've got fans! smile.gif

We have a new site!

==> The Allure of Neglected Dragons @ allureofnds.net

It is definitely not a finished product, but it should be functional.

Right now, the Daycare is the only part that is available, it's missing a couple of its original features, and it's not as well tested as I would have liked. It has a few new things as well, though. Specifically:

• The "check all" box will be coming back. I haven't had time to do that part yet.
  • The ER has been renamed "Clinic" in favor of having the ER section for the true emergencies. (The code-adding version will also be back eventually, so don't panic, those of you who liked/used it!)
  • If you could all share some preferences on where you would like the new "Lineage" column to be (which other two columns should it be between?), that would be great!
Everything else will come back as well, but it may take a while. In the meantime, at least we still have something!

This also means:

• Anyone who hasn't saved their on-site data (from the Trackers or wherever else there might be something) should do so NOW, because I expect the original site to disappear tonight. I will be leaving everything except the homepage and the daycare online until it dies, to give people the chance to do final checks.
  • When adding dragons into the new site, please keep an eye on them for a while, until we get a critical mass of dragons again. The first ones added are likely to get far more views than normal, purely due to lack of other dragons to assist the rotation.
Edited by bbik

Thank you for keeping the site going for us and condolences to all who knew Agrona.

I just put my dragons in and the lineage column placement looks fine to me. What is missing are the check boxes on the viewing page to update hatchlings/dead eggs in the clinic and other areas. I just tried to change the time frequency on the viewing away from the .1 minute and it isn't accepting anything else but the .1 minute. I will be watching my babies for now. biggrin.gif

Thank you for the new/updated site! biggrin.gif I use this site a lot so I'm glad to see it's still around happy.gif

Thank you for all your time and effort in updating the site! I use this site daily. I will keep an eye on my babies, thanks for the heads up.

the new site is nice, I think, sorry I was in the middle of some ND Experiments and it kinda freaked me out

Thanx for all your work, AoND is my favourite Hatchery

I've got a question do you have any idea of when the NDAR will be moved over

Looking good so far. I think the lineage column is fine just where it is.

I am really looking forward to seeing all the features moved to the new site, but I appreciate your hard work against the deadline to get us a usable hatchery before the old site poofs! biggrin.gif

Thanks for letting us know about Agrona; should have figured she'd have been back if OK, but one always hopes...

The site is her memorial as well, then, and thanks so much, bbik, for keeping it going for Agrona and for us.

Came to comment on the new site, and appreciate all your excellent

endeavors to benefit all of us. I truly do count this fansite as my

favorite for some of it's features have saved several of my dragons.

I am terribly sorry to hear the sad news though.

Woah, I really love that you added the lineage thing, and whether or not it's a bred dragon, to the Daycare chart-thing. Basically I'm just very impressed with the coding overall, even if you did rip it from the original site so you probably had to do less work than if you were making it from scratch, but it's still impressive to me. I can't code at all, haha.

Thanks for keeping this going, and I'm sorry to hear about the original ND site person.

I'm really sorry for the news about Agrona, and wanted to thank you for your efforts to keep this site live.

I really hope you will be able to insert the inbred checker and the lineage viewer in the new site too smile.gif

I like the set up of the new page, and the addition of the Lineage is very nice!

Will the viewing page have the option to help clean? Right now, the Clinic is mostly hatchlings, and I would help clean if I saw a way to help.

I am getting the 0.1 when I try to use the 1 minute setting. It seems like the sort buttons on the viewing page are accepting the setting I ask for, but displaying what they default to. They work, but they look like they don't. Does that make sense? Apart from this minor glitch, it's a beautiful job, bbik! Agrona would be proud.

Love the new look to the site biggrin.gif