bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

I hope all goes well.

I really like the Lineage Viewer. Hopefully i can use this feature on the new site again.

Thank you for the heads-up, and thank you for all your great work! I got quite a shock seeing that message, AoND kind of is part of the "DC experience" for me. xd.png

Thanks for the notice, I'm looking forward to the updated AoND, the current one is one of my favorite hatching sites. <3

I donated some money, AoND is really my favorite hatching site. I hope things will work out for you! <3

Thanks for working so hard for us, bbik. laugh.gif

Hope you can fix it.

Sending you all the best wishes.

Thank you for keeping us informed. wink.gif

Thanks for keeping up your excellent site, bbik. It's been a big part of my DC experience too. Good luck with your future efforts. biggrin.gif

Good luck with the site's transition and all-- I say don't worry about things so much until your RL stuff clears up a bit, especially your poor cat! All of us who love AoND will still be here for the opening of the new site. After so many years of reliability, you couldn't drive us away with flaming pitchforks =p

How do I remove eggs from the ER? Somebody just added an egg I'm trying to trade to this fansite's ER, and I couldn't find a way to remove it.

I would also like to request that eggs not be allowed to be submitted based on codes. I have my scroll hidden to prevent my eggs from being added without my consent, but that isn't going to work if people can just add via code.

Your only chance is to fog it, then click the star in the viewer next to the fog.

You should probably also check Silvi's for your egg, as Silvi's also allows adding by code.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

How do I remove eggs from the ER? Somebody just added an egg I'm trying to trade to this fansite's ER, and I couldn't find a way to remove it.

I would also like to request that eggs not be allowed to be submitted based on codes. I have my scroll hidden to prevent my eggs from being added without my consent, but that isn't going to work if people can just add via code.

As far as I know, you can't unless you hide them, but that can't be done to an egg whose up for trade unless you cancel it, hide it then set it back up. :/

Also, I support your suggestion. I've had to hide my scroll recently because someone's trying to viewbomb my dragons lately as well.

It's in the list of suggestions for the new version of the site to allow adding only when the egg has "accept aid" on. I don't know if it's actually on the Todo list though.

It's in the list of suggestions for the new version of the site to allow adding only when the egg has "accept aid" on. I don't know if it's actually on the Todo list though.

That'd be pretty convenient. I'm not normally bothered by viewbombers, but they've been targeting me a lot the past week and I'm really tired of it.

I would hope that there is a better way to prevent someone other than the rightful owner from adding a scroll or individual eggs to the site. I keep the "Not accepting aid" message on my scroll at all times, and wouldn't want to remove it to use my regular fansites.

@bbik - good luck with the move! This has always been on of my favorite sites, and I hope the transition is as easy as possible. <3

As long as you can add your OWN stuff when that isn't checked.... I "don't accept aid" but I would hate to have to log in to add things... Maybe make it optional ?

Well, my suggestion post was a little more detailed than that. Personally, I don't think the acceptaid field should ever need to be changed once you've decided on your modus operandi. It's just the fansites who need to deal with things properly.

If the hosting and domain are both on the same schedule, that would be wonderful. But I don't know if they are, which is why I'm unsure about when the current site will die.

Good point. I check this stuff here, if that helps: https://whois.domaintools.com

I checked a few places, can't find any info on the hosting. I tried smile.gif

Best of luck, & take care of yourself! We all appreciate the hard work you do.

/Tracking post/

In the top right corner of a topic, there is a link "Track this topic" you can use wink.gif

A new website, using the updated code, will be going online as soon as I can get enough finished for it to be usable. Thanks to AoND's wonderful donors, I was able to purchase a new domain, and also new hosting. I will post the new URL as soon as there is something functional online. I am hoping I get that done before the current site goes offline, so I can make it a proper redirect, but if that does not work, check this thread for news.

I wish I'd thought of this earlier, but an author (who podcasts all his stuff) I listen to has been sponsored by godaddy for a few years now, so if you switch to godaddy (I've no idea what you've got now), he's got some codes that could save you money in the future, perhaps. >_e

Godaddy Coupon cjcsiglerc gets a new dot-com domain for just 99 cents!

The GoDaddy coupon CJCSIGLERP gets you 30% off your entire order of new products only**.

Thanks for all the hard work in upkeep you do for us and AoND, bbik. <3