bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Ah, I see sad.gif Thanks for informing us! Sending you best wishes to both the site and real life, bbik ^-^ Love AOND and hope to see it working soon :3

Awww, my favorite hatchery D:

Hope it will get sorted out and AoND wont die like dragonnery or sunny side.... unsure.gif

Thanks for the update, bbik!

Hope the rest of the week goes better for you, online, IRL and anywhere else.

We impatient people will wait till you have the time.

I'm still using the Action Trackers - so useful, especially with my growing number of Reds. Thanks for all your hard work.

Happy Easter! smile.gif *hoards all the Easter eggs* (mwahaha)

Well, that won't work. I'd forgotten just how much I'd updated the code between the last non-API version and now; it's far too drastic to just paste some bits in quickly and have it up and running again like I had hoped. It would be possible to make it work again, but quite frankly, I don't have the time to sort out all the various things that would have to be altered to accomplish that. Way too much stuff has decided that this week is a perfect time for it to all blow up at once, on DC, off DC, online, IRL, everywhere, and I don't have time to deal with any of it, much less all of it. I'm really sorry guys. Maybe things will calm down and I'll have time after all, but I'm certainly not going to promise anything.

However, as someone pointed out, the trackers, at least, still work. They're not connected to DC at all, so as long as AoND's host doesn't die, the trackers will still work, no matter what happens to DC. And the unfog alarm will work, too, in case you have any use for that.

I'll keep you all posted. *runs off with the chocolate*

Thanks, bbik. smile.gif

I hope things calm down for you soon.

Sorry to bother, but...

If I was often using this fansite, I would feel deeply ashamed. And I'm talking here about the users, not the admin.

I have never seen something that bad. Broken egg shells, tombstones, hatchlings and even adults in the EGG section. It's like no user looked at it for more than a week.

There was over 3,000 "things" in the Nest -- there is now less than 300, thanks to the hour I just spent on it. It's a bit too late now for me to try and take care of the Nursery, but I do plan on checking it tomorrow.

Come on, guys. Cleaning a fansite is not THAT bad, and it's even easier than cleaning your room! The Allure of Neglected Dragons is so awesome, it takes the best out of Silvi's Lair with more features than Egg Drop Soup, and it's better than both. It ought to be used by way more people than your average trying-to-get-neglect users. How many people turned away from it because they realised what state it was in?

Really, it deserves better -- and bbik, who's working so hard to update it for all of us deserves better as well.

So, yeah, my opinion. Now you read it, do as you please, as I just really need to write what I thought of it.

EDIT:

I just saw that someone (with an s maybe?) cleaned the Nursery. All I can say is thank you, whoever you are.

Edited by fallen_leaf

This mess was there because the site couldn't access DC for a while, not because users don't want to clean it. It is usually cleaned very fast.

On a happier note, I see the site is working again. Thanks a lot! *runs off to add eggs*

Edited by Elennilda

Indeed, I really like spending time giving views there because I enjoy tidying up! I love that feature; I loved it about DDF while I was still using that one (and when it worked!) because it makes me feel like I'm helping. Very glad it's back up.

YAY bbik ! Well done - and thanks for hatching all my ER eggies five minutes ago. You have been VERY much missed.

@ fallen_leaf - we would have helped if we could have. Many of us have been staying in touch with bbik and doing what we could.

Very glad to see the site back up and working! I've already added my eggs back in!

Thanks to all involved, especially bbik for all your effort and hard work!

Spread the Word - ND has Returned!

I checked to see if the site was back up, thinking it wasn't, and it is. It seems to be working fine now. Thanks for all the hard work bbik.

I've re added my eggs and hatchlings and I'm off to give some views of my own.

*happy dance* Site's back!

And fallen_leaf, I see your point. And I thank you for taking such a long period of time to do your part and more.

In my personal case, RL took over, and still is. Normally I love cleaning up AoND, but it's exam time - something that I'm sue is killing a TON of DC joy. No more hours of hunting or cleaning until exams are over, and my scroll shows it with mostly mints, bred eggs, and ugly AP catches. xd.png

Oh hey. Site's back. Yay! Thanks everyone for sticking around and waiting it out. smile.gif

Please remember to keep an eye on your dragons until numbers get back up to normal, though, so they don't get sick. It's going to be very much like a holiday rush for a while, with so many fewer dragons and everyone coming back to add theirs in.

Thank you, bbik, for your work in getting the site back up! I just added my dragons!

Way too much stuff has decided that this week is a perfect time for it to all blow up at once, on DC, off DC, online, IRL, everywhere, and I don't have time to deal with any of it, much less all of it. I'm really sorry guys. Maybe things will calm down and I'll have time after all, but I'm certainly not going to promise anything.

Thank you bbik!

I hope the fact that you found the time to fix the AoND means that everything else around you has calmed down. smile.gif

Thanks, bbik. It's wonderful to have AoND back again. I've added my eggs/hatchies to my favorite fan site.

I am so glad it is back in working order! I really hate it when my best/favorite hatcheries aren't there. Thanks much for getting it up and running again!

Count me as among the glad that the site's back. smile.gif Once things are up again, I'll add all my new babies~

I agree IT DOES jam things up for my eggs and hatchlings. I am getting ""Failed to connect to Dragon Cave. Either DC is too laggy, or it is down. Please try again later."" messege again. blink.gifxd.png

Actually I don't think its AoND that is my problem, So sorry, I can not log into the cave.... sad.gif

Edited by Linda4atc

ND was [and im glad it still is] the site i use for basically everything [saving my eggs hatchies etc] so when it went down it took forever for things not to die [usually i could get everything to hatch/grow-up in under the 30min of the 4d limit, then it started taking everything up to two days to do so, and thats using the other two hatchery sites i go to] so im glad its back up ._.

I noticed the site was back yesterday, but I didn't have the time to come and say a big heartfelt 'thank you bbik'! So:

Thank you bbik!

Hmm...against my better judgement I started my first neglected experiment, (it still has days left before I unfog though) which I just KNOW will fail. Process seems kind of complicated xd.png; But this site looks like it could be very helpful...

I just had a peek at the hatchery--the ERs don't seem to be clearing properly (Lag-related?) Has anyone else noticed this?