bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Back up and running on my end! :D

I can get the Daycare to load just fine and update my scroll but can't view the home page.  Here is the link  www.allureofnds.net/daycare You can still give views to some eggs there on the daycare page.

Edited by saarkin

Loading fine for me now, and the irritating thing where you have to use the update button every time you change anything has gone too.

Try a hard refresh in case your browser remembers you had issues !

Update from bbik:

FYI that the host is still (!!) working on recovering from the outage -- it was THAT major.  It looks like the websites restored to this point were a bit scattered, but they're doing more comprehensive backups from here onwards, including of other sites on the same master server as AoND.  While I and they don't expect it to affect already-fixed sites like AoND, if things flicker between now and tomorrow evening, that's probably why, and it should be a short-lived issue.  But if it does happen, please let me know!  I don't have the time or ability to be checking constantly, and may not realize in a timely fashion otherwise.

I hope it is ALL done soon as I am about to be on the road for a month. But bik's email shows in someone's screenie, I think...

Hi,

In your scroll you can see how many “unique breeds” you have, but it is tricky to know which ones are missing.

Since Allure has a very good scroll stats, could it be enhanced to do such check? No idea on effort and If bbik is up for it.

Perhaps this is done elsewhere and I haven’t found it. Any feedback is welcomed.

I know neglected is for sure one of them 🙄

@xareu Unfortunately, hatcheries can't check what breeds are on a scroll. They only get information such as the dragon's code, statistics, and parents, but not what breed it is.

They could technically find out by "looking at" the dragon's view page the way a normal user does, but that's not allowed by the terms of use, so the hatchery would get blocked from DC.

To find out which breeds you are missing, you can sort your scroll by breed and compare it to the "dragonopedia" or the (spoiler alert!) DC Wiki.

I keep getting this message. Anyone else?

The information in the previous table was outdated. Please resubmit your scroll name to update it.

2 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

I keep getting this message. Anyone else?

The information in the previous table was outdated. Please resubmit your scroll name to update it.

I've had that too. Clicking to another tab and going back to daycare worked for me.

7 hours ago, TOP said:

I've had that too. Clicking to another tab and going back to daycare worked for me.

I had to fog my hatchlings, then unfog them and then go back in. I'm hatching/dumping, so that means you have to take them out of the clicksites so they don't growup in the AP.

Oh so that was quite a different matter with mine. Good to hear that you solved it though!

Hi, just a head's up, my chrome had notified me that AoND is insecure. Does the site have any outdated security certs or google just hiccuped?

It's not using https (which also means no certificates), maybe that's what bothers your chrome?

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It's not using https (which also means no certificates), maybe that's what bothers your chrome?

Yep. That would be it. If the site never used it before, then it's a false alarm. Phew.

Wanted to post a warning.

I suspect there is a bombing attack underway at Allure of Neglected Dragons and possibly other hatcheries.  I've been watching 3 eggs I put up in my usual hatchery rounds gaining stupid amounts of views - maxing at 15:1 ratios.  Looking in the hatcheries Allure has the highest concentration of other eggs in the same condition,  Be careful out there. 

Yeah, i just came back from being away for three hours and found two sick eggs and a sick hatchie. Not sure where all the views are coming from, but they were over 6000!

Same issue here, and it's only the eggs I've got up at AoND that are sick. The lone egg that's only been posted at the other site I use is fine thus far.

Seems to be only eggs that are being bombed. The one hatchling that got sick on my scroll just hatched. All the other hatchlings that I had on AoND have normal numbers of views.

Have eggs in AotN, 8. Today, they all JUMPED in views. They are all at 4 days and 15 hours, over 3200 views. I have a hatchling closing in on 9K. I've only put my eggs at this site and now where else. Nothing is sick, but all my eggs are warded. Noticed this a few weeks ago with sunset/sunrise dragons.

I've emailed bbik.... But if it's actually bombers, there may not be much they can do.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

bbik is aware and is watching.

Thank you, Fuzzbucket :)

Things seem to have settled, at least for me. I put several eggs in there to get them some views while I could keep an eye on them, and they seem to be getting a normal range of views. I would still be very careful, though.

I had a hatchling in Aond through all of the difficulties yesterday and today (while I was working and couldn't get on) and surprisingly it's still at a normal number of views and clicks for me. 

3 hours ago, TerraAnne said:

I had a hatchling in Aond through all of the difficulties yesterday and today (while I was working and couldn't get on) and surprisingly it's still at a normal number of views and clicks for me. 

They seemed to be only targeting the eggs.  The hatchlings with abnormal stats were recent hatches (at the time).  Older hatchlings were getting normal views from what I could tell.