bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

It does seem that perhaps some tweaking has been done that somehow limits how fast dragons can get tons of views, I've noticed my ERs slowing down as well. Definitely not to *that* extent though... Put my ER-timed Prize egg into Allure and Silvi's about 4 hours ago, it was hatched when I came back about a half hour ago, with over 7,000 views accumulated in that time. 

To everyone who has been having problems (not slower views; I do think that is happening everywhere) - please post as bbik wants me to compile a list.

This includes the stats being way off, not being able to add dragons and so on. And if you would be so kind, given the evina's business, add your country (and in the case of very big countries, province/state - I know that when Toronto wasn't working for evina's., Saskatchewan was fine !)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Everything seems to be working okay for me. Scroll stats seem pretty much on target, except for the Sinomorphs. One of those is shown as my oldest dragon, with a date of Dec 31, 1969! I am in the USA, east coast near Baltimore, MD.

Everyone has that thing with the Sinomorphs - it's REALLY annoying - I wish TJ would deal.... it seems to be in the API.

Thanks. What wasn't working for you before ?

Adding and removing eggs/hatchlings works fine for me and (since I don't know which stats you're referring to exactly) their stats seem to be on point.

The Scrolls Statistics page has errors though. When I have one or more fogged eggs, the site can't count them and instead lumps them in with Leetle Trees. If "Unknows" under "Adults" is supposed to stand for genderless adults, that's also off - I have a Paper and it isn't showing. It's also showing my s2, thus genderless, frozen Paper hatchie as ungendered (at least I guess that's what it's showing as such. All my other frozens are gendered). "Adults with Children" and "Children" are both very much off, sitting at 0 (and thus so is the "Most Children" stat). Sinos are messing with everything, but that one is already known.

I'm in Hungary (which is in Central Europe)

ETA: After checking the box for "Show fogged dragons?" when adding my scroll, it still says I have 0 fogged despite having 2 fogged eggs on my scroll.

Edited by Crowned_Ladybug

2 minutes ago, Crowned_Ladybug said:

"Adults with Children" and "Children" are both very much off, sitting at 0 (and thus so is the "Most Children" stat). 

Well, that too.

And I don't have any fogged at the moment, so I don't know how that is working.

Fuzz, I think my only problem has been with the stats.

Odd - I can load some people's  stats and not others.... Yours look OK, purple (except the children thing.)

Is anyone still getting the cannot load database message ?

The Scroll Statistics hasn't worked for me in a *long* time. It is weird, I can put in other scroll's names and some of them work fine (like fuzz's scroll), but mine never does. I put my scroll name in and click the submit button and it acts like it's loading but then simply refreshes the page. I've tried all the variables, including checking and unchecking the 'show basic totals only' and all the other options, but even trying for the most simple stats it doesn't work. 

Everything else works fine for me, adding and removing dragons, inbred checker, etc. I'm in the US, Arizona specifically.

edit: I just had a thought that it might not be working because I have a lot of fogged dragons, maybe that's throwing it off or something... But I see fuzz currently has two fogged dragons and I can still get stats from that scroll name, so.... 

Edited by HeatherMarie

46 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The Scroll Statistics hasn't worked for me in a *long* time. It is weird, I can put in other scroll's names and some of them work fine (like fuzz's scroll), but mine never does. I put my scroll name in and click the submit button and it acts like it's loading but then simply refreshes the page. I've tried all the variables, including checking and unchecking the 'show basic totals only' and all the other options, but even trying for the most simple stats it doesn't work. 

Everything else works fine for me, adding and removing dragons, inbred checker, etc. I'm in the US, Arizona specifically.

edit: I just had a thought that it might not be working because I have a lot of fogged dragons, maybe that's throwing it off or something... But I see fuzz currently has two fogged dragons and I can still get stats from that scroll name, so.... 

But of you look at my stats it shows none of mine are fogged and that I have 6 leetle trees !

So basically it seems to be just the stats that are off just now ?

I think some of the people who were unable to add their scrolls are still having trouble. I tried posting Aeriaa's scroll and got the error message, although I can load my own scroll perfectly. I didn't go back farther in the thread to see about anyone else.

15 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I just got the same thing, oddly enough. A few weeks ago, I was able to get at least my highest click dragon :( Now it's nothing ... no fogged little ones, I'm at 8,554 non-growing, living things.

edit: this is what I got when I noticed the strange number of Leetles (as much as I'd love to have a leetle forest on my scroll!)

image.png.1116906ca4cd317dc020fa1cb626035a.png

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Scroll Stats are a bit wonky for me.  I think the paper collection is being filed as not gendered rather than unknown.  Oh and it thinks I have 5 leetle trees.  Says zero fogged when I do have 4 fogged eggs currently.  And the ever popular sino has to be the oldest thing on my scroll (they are all on ego trips!).  And it thinks none of my dragons have any children.

Though I am glad scroll stats work as much as they do.  I got a scare about a week ago when I tried to load and it spun wheels and said nope.  Just gave me the blank page back.  I am in Washington state if that helps with narrowing anything down.  I don't remember the names of the newbies I was trying to check for if their scroll would load, didn't at that time, to know if that is still the case.

OK - still mostly stats, it seems - I have raised that with bbik. I will also mention Aeriaa. (I can't load that one either.)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, anetofstars said:

What is going on? All the graphics are broken. :(

DC is lagging.

UPDATE: Until last evening, my eggs were getting views and hatching. I'll have to check and see if this is still working. 

*However*, I put an ungendered hatchling in at the same time and it has NOT received one view. That was abt 12 hrs ago.

Is the site owner not here at the Forum? Is there any way they can be contacted?

ETA UPDATE: eggs are getting views; that lone hatchie seems to have been stunned by accident :(

Edited by anetofstars

bbik (with whom, I am in contact, so yes there is a way - I'll pass it all on !) is working on the problems so far reported. It looks OK to me at the moment.

The Leetle Tree thing where I had 6 seems to be sorted. The Sino thing is also fixed.

The children is more complicated and bbik has basically stopped trying to show it; I quote: ....

Previously, when requesting dragon info, the API included a list of child codes.  There may have been a limit to how many were listed, but if there was, it was quite high, and thus not relevant to most users.

Now, no info about children is returned at all.  To determine if an adult dragon has children, an entirely separate API call needs to be made for each individual dragon.  There is no option to request child info for multiple dragons at once.  Predictably, that means the number of calls grows with the number of adults on a scroll, which also means it takes longer and longer, which would get even worse with lag, and even without lag will eventually time out before it completes for larger scrolls.  Not very user friendly.

Could people who were getting the database error see if they still get it ? The ones I knew about now show.

I can see stats now! :D Number of foggeds and Leetles is correct now. Even with all options checked, I get data now!

Only the "adults with children", "children", and "most children" lines are empty, but maybe just remove it from the report if the API no longer returns it?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I think bbik plans to leave it there for a little while in case @TJ09 rejigs the AP.

Oh yay oh yay I can see my stats now! Awesome! Thanks a lot for communicating on our behalf, fuzz!

22 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

bbik (with whom, I am in contact, so yes there is a way - I'll pass it all on !) is working on the problems so far reported. It looks OK to me at the moment.

The Leetle Tree thing where I had 6 seems to be sorted. The Sino thing is also fixed.

The children is more complicated and bbik has basically stopped trying to show it; I quote: ....

Previously, when requesting dragon info, the API included a list of child codes.  There may have been a limit to how many were listed, but if there was, it was quite high, and thus not relevant to most users.

Now, no info about children is returned at all.  To determine if an adult dragon has children, an entirely separate API call needs to be made for each individual dragon.  There is no option to request child info for multiple dragons at once.  Predictably, that means the number of calls grows with the number of adults on a scroll, which also means it takes longer and longer, which would get even worse with lag, and even without lag will eventually time out before it completes for larger scrolls.  Not very user friendly.

Could people who were getting the database error see if they still get it ? The ones I knew about now show.

Hm, the documentation definitely doesn't mention children are expected to be returned for anything except the "give me the children of this dragon" call. Trying to fetch an entire person's list of dragons + their children in a single request is like guaranteed to take forever as well.

4 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Hm, the documentation definitely doesn't mention children are expected to be returned for anything except the "give me the children of this dragon" call. Trying to fetch an entire person's list of dragons + their children in a single request is like guaranteed to take forever as well.

Well, they used to show up in our stats - not that slowly, either...

bbik just asked  me to post a heads-up:

I just got a notification from the web host about scheduled maintenance that may result in some downtime on Sunday, September 2, 2018 at 10 PM ET.  They say it could take 5-30 minutes, typically about 20, and may result in "site not found" or similar types of errors.  Could you let people on the forum know, in case they see any issues?

So for anyone who shows up here on Sunday all worried - that's why you are having issues, probably ! :)

The Daycare is timing out for me this evening. It was working fine earlier today. Now I get this:

This site can’t be reached

www.allureofnds.net took too long to respond.