bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Their last reply here was over a year ago, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Hey, I just recently started playing and ever since I started, I have been unable to use the site, no matter what the time. This in spite of it working perfectly for my brother, who uses the same internet as I. Heres the error I get: There was problem communicating with the database. Please try again later.

If you could tell me a way to fix it, that'd be great! Thank you for your time!

We don't know what the problem is, really, and the site's owner seems inactive. :(

The owner is easy to contact.... but it seems to be working for most people - try clearing your cache - or even just a hard refresh ? I have had no trouble with it.

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The owner is easy to contact.... but it seems to be working for most people - try clearing your cache - or even just a hard refresh ? I have had no trouble with it.

Do you know how to contact them? I see that bbik has in their signature to email if PM box is full but I can't find an email address on their profile or on Allure itself. I'd love to know if there are any plans to fix the scroll stats tool, it was so helpful and I haven't found one that works anywhere else.

edit: Huh, I just tried the scroll stats tool with a few different people's scroll names, and flurp brings up scroll stats just fine, as do a few others. But mine still won't load, and neither will Ruby Eyes.

Edited by HeatherMarie

It's REALLY annoying. I have her email - in the UK. I CANNOT find it here.

I’ve been getting the exact same sentence as ZealKnight every time I’ve tried. 😭I’ve tried both Safari and Chrome, both on my phone and my computer. Neither worked.

Edited by Anra7777

I'm also having this issue, on different devices and browsers. Was wondering what was up with it, and didn't know until now that it was also affecting others. 😥

Is anyone else now suddenly seeing a different dragon entry page, with the dragons listed in a light tan colour very difficult to look at? I've had it up to run the little viewer below all day and it wasn't like that a few hours ago or probably less, since I'd last looked at the page...  I hope that both bbik and the site are OK!

Me too. Maybe clear your cache ?

Thanks, all, it looks normal now, may have been my computer overheating, I suppose - much like myself, lol. Or some effect of an update?

So now, I'll hope that my computer and bbik are OK!

On 6/7/2018 at 7:54 PM, ZealKnight said:

Hey, I just recently started playing and ever since I started, I have been unable to use the site, no matter what the time. This in spite of it working perfectly for my brother, who uses the same internet as I. Heres the error I get: There was problem communicating with the database. Please try again later.

If you could tell me a way to fix it, that'd be great! Thank you for your time!

On 6/8/2018 at 4:15 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

We don't know what the problem is, really, and the site's owner seems inactive. :(

That really stinks, Why is this by far the most popular one if it just flat-out doesn't work for so many people, including myself?

@Frostiikin likely due to having other tools and EATW going down. I personally no longer use it for regular hatching because you can find scrolls with it, though.

On 7/4/2018 at 1:55 AM, Frostiikin said:

That really stinks, Why is this by far the most popular one if it just flat-out doesn't work for so many people, including myself?

If it's any consolation, evina's is another very popular one that won't work for some people. These things happen.... It's just lucky we have so many to choose from.

I don't think it's very courteous to say these things stink. We are also lucky that people set these sites up at all. MANY have completely died over the years, including some I was very attached to. They are a lot of work to set up and maintain, and their owners have lives.

Same diff, though - bbik doesn't have to keep showing up, and could just shut the site down. It is working for a lot of people.

And just FYI - the last time AOND ran into serious difficulties it turned out that the then owner had had a heart attack and died. We don't know what the issue is. Personally I just hope bbik is OK and doesn't have horrible life issues.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Glad to see it isn't just me experiencing the database error, but also disheartened by it. :( I loved AOND and have trouble hatching my eggs at all now. ._ . None of the others seem to collect views well enough? (Or is that just me? I used to be able to take an ER egg and have it hatched within an hour or so, but now its been 4-6 hours to hatch ER eggs...)

1 hour ago, Aeriaa said:

Glad to see it isn't just me experiencing the database error, but also disheartened by it. :( I loved AOND and have trouble hatching my eggs at all now. ._ . None of the others seem to collect views well enough? (Or is that just me? I used to be able to take an ER egg and have it hatched within an hour or so, but now its been 4-6 hours to hatch ER eggs...)

My gf and I have noticed the same thing. There's really no hope of getting eggs to hatch or hatchlings to mature between 12 midnight and 7/8 AM EST; it takes hours now.  The site is perhaps only used by USA members, and not used by DC members in other parts of the world? That might contribute to the slow-down?

19 minutes ago, bluedog said:

My gf and I have noticed the same thing. There's really no hope of getting eggs to hatch or hatchlings to mature between 12 midnight and 7/8 AM EST; it takes hours now.  The site is perhaps only used by USA members, and not used by DC members in other parts of the world? That might contribute to the slow-down?

Yeah... Aeon egg took 8.5 hours to hatch... ER and everything. AoND is vital.

I do wonder if TJ has tweaked viewing to help against bombing - making it impossible to collect them too fast ? He said he was working on stuff. I am finding that all the hatcheries I use seem to bring slower results these days.

ETA  there ARE other sites with ERs. While I love AOND too and it is working fine for me, it isn't vital as such.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

22 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

ETA  there ARE other sites with ERs. While I love AOND too and it is working fine for me, it isn't vital as such.

I used every non-registration hatchery listed on the wiki, especially those with ERs.... It did next to nothing. Took an ER egg with 1k views 8.5 hours to hatch once hitting that ER stage. That puts it into the realm of, "This isn't working well-- makes plans of getting a ND LITERALLY impossible."

Editting to add: It hatched with 2,311 views. It took 8 hours to accumulate 1.3k views

Edited by Aeriaa

All I can say is that that is not my experience. Which suggests maybe a geographical thing - when I was still IN Canada last month, evina's wasn't working at all for players in Ontario; it wouldn't even load - as soon as I got to the UK it was fine.

Sadly, not the case. I've asked others to try adding my scroll in, from the Discord server.

Then, I have my husband, who lives in Iceland try it. >> Also a no-go.