bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

This is the second time this happens :<

Fogging is the only way to go to be safe at this point. The lucky thing is that with a ER AP a lot of the hatchis won't be affected as so many were added to the ER. The super ER ones, however... Please just fog them ;_;

Seems to be truly fixed now? It's been so long since I've seen it like this.

AOND isn't working for me. The main page works fine but when I click on daycare I get

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

This started just after Halloween, so figured that the site was just over loaded. It was working fine before and on Halloween. Other hatcheries are working fine, but AOND is my favorite.

I had no problem adding a cpl of eggs just now. :)

Edited by CamIza
spelling!

So this site (among others) was (ab)used for viewbombing my growing things.

I kept all my stuff fogged over night.

I just unfogged them, unhid my scroll, checked this site, and found all my stuff *still* in there. Shouldn't fogging remove things from the hatchery? I thought it's only Silvi's that keeps fogged stuff?

I miss the days when users could remove dragons from a section once they matured. I'm not saying it should be an automatic removal, but at least it could be used to filter the dragons.

Looks like fogged and dead eggs/dragons aren't being removed from the hatchery, and hatchlings aren't being moved from the egg section. A few days ago I had two eggs fogged for over an hour and came back to find that they were still in, and there are a lot of fogballs in the viewer. There are also still some eggshells left from the 19th, and there are a bunch of hatchlings under 6d 20h in the egg section.

Adults and ERs still seem to be updating, though.

Edited by 11th

I think someone is bombing all the fan sites, so I suspect this may be aimed at TJ, to stop us all playing ? It's infuriating. But it won't work !

I don't think the scroll statistics are working properly. I definitely have dragons with children. (And my Sinomorph isn't that old!)

4k5h0Upl.png

The site doesn't seem to know what to do with Sinomorphs. Mine has the same date. And DC didn't even exist then! Fact is, TJ didn't even exist then! :lol:

The site just shows what the API returns, and the API returns no egg laid date (which is 1970-01-01 minus one tick or second or whatever) because, well, there was no egg.

Yeah, I figured it had something to do with no egg for that breed. Does kind of screw up that stat, though.

Basically, the site needs to ignore Sinos. After all, it's not very likely that a player first gather 6 Zyus, summons and then releases all their Zyus, leaving the Sino as the *actually* oldest dragon on a scroll XD

It looks like the cleaner isn't removing fogged dragons.  I fogged most of mine when I went to bed, 8 hours later when I went to re-enter scroll they were all still in the hatchery.

As mentioned above, it still doesn't look like fogs are being cleaned out. Judging from the posts here, this has been the case since November. :/

Is there any chance it could be looked into, @bbik?

Not a huge issue - but I went to check my scroll records and the entry for "most children" isn't working.

Site isn't working for me today.  I have about 6 eggs on my page, and I keep getting told I have no eggs/hatchies. 

Same. And it seems the same for all the hatchery sites. I hope this isn't permanent because I have eggs that I really need to get views before they hit ER levels. 

I was just trying to see if some lines I have have inbreeding and it came up with all of them.  The lineage viewer and inbred checker only seems to recognize one dragon from each generation and is making them appear inbred.  Freaked me out at first.

I am also having the problem with the inbred checker, it just told me a second gen was inbred. I tested it on all three settings and it says the 2nd gen is inbred on all of them.

EDIT: Looks like Sherwood is having the same problem, maybe there's been a change to DC's coding?

Edited by vianthegryphon

@bbik Heads-up: By the looks of things there have been changes to the Dragon Cave API. The API no longer returns information about fogged eggs - they register as non-existent eggs. I get the impression this might be affecting The Allure of Neglected Dragons - there is a large number of fogged critters in rotation.

Edit: Relevant thread:

Edit II: Looks like this is now back to its previous behaviour. Disregard the above!

Edited by pinkgothic

On 3/31/2018 at 9:56 PM, ytak said:

I was just trying to see if some lines I have have inbreeding and it came up with all of them.  The lineage viewer and inbred checker only seems to recognize one dragon from each generation and is making them appear inbred.  Freaked me out at first.

Same problem here!

Is there something on AOND that shows a list of CBs like what EatW had? That was some of my favorite features on that site.