bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

I probably wouldn't use a tracker for any of the BSAs that I currently use a lot like the influence or incubate mainly because I have armies of pinks/reds and always have one available when I want to use it.

I do love the sickness check and the force the correct time features of your site (actually, I just love the site - it's one of the ones I use the most).

I would TOTALLY use the incubate tracker, since i always have to go check every red, to find wich one can incubate. Even if you have an army of reds, if you incubate a lot, you still need to click several to find one that can incubate. I would totally love that! Even if it doesn't say WHEN you can incubate, if it says WHO can incubate, that would be awesome!

Influence however, i don't use as much, but also, have to click around first to find one that can influence. So that would be helpfull too for some.

rubyshoes has a point; but that's if you have at least a small army of reds. Me? Heck no, been lazy on getting those incubates, and I'm running out constantly. Though there's how many days left msg in the reds' BSA page, it's heck of a bother(to me) to run and check every single one of my reds. So for incubates, ME SUPPORT 8D

Though I have plenty of pinks for influence now, might do good to track influences as well, for the newer users and/or people without plenty of influences.

Splash BSA record would be kind of pointless, since it's renewed every day.

Breeding record, I would love. Since I go GAHHHHH when it says 'breedable in 1 day,' and you wait half a day, and it still says 1 day, and I hazzah feeling I'm not the only one. cool.gif

So eh, my random suggestion thrown in. Hope that helped!

I'm not big on tracking the bsa's right now, but that might change at any point in time. I say make them, just because they're useful.

If there was a way to track the exact ToD of an egg...that would be awful helpful, even if it's focused on one certain timezone.

I agree with KaiCat's suggestion. It would be FANTASTIC to be able to have a breed timer that timed closer to the actual time instead of it just saying "This dragon can breed in one day".

well addishnal timer would be useful when tracking what time pisificly did you used a incubate espeshaly when you have a whole army. i can see myself useing this. its a nice idea and very useful for traking perposes.

Breed, influence, and incubate (and probably EQ too) would be a good idea to go along with the freeze tracker. I probably wouldn't use the incubate or influence trackers as I have a hoard of both reds and pinks. I also would not use an EQ tracker as I don't use that BSA. Though, it would be VERY helpful to know which ones can use the BSAs rather than going through them all. smile.gif

As far as a tracker for bite... that would be mostly pointless except to people who mass bite eggs and release them to the AP for other people, or people that have a habit at flail clicking in the cave and end up locked with dragon eggs they don't need.

Summon tracker would also be helpfull. Seeing as how you can only see when you can summon, while you are unlocked, and god knows, that time window is very, very, very short ... rolleyes.gif Most people simply remember when they can summon... i forget tongue.gif

So, semi-joke-suggestion

A summon tracker would be nice. Right now, I have the time written on a piece of scrape paper.

Yeah, if I do a full actions-tracker -- which it's looking like I will -- it would have everything. Well, maybe not Splash. We'll have to see. And not kill, since that's too arbitrary. But the other BSAs, and breeding (possibly with some extra little tidbits), and (obviously) freezing, yes, those will be there.

Right now, I'm hoping to get the scroll stats, a neglected announcement section, and these action trackers out sometime soon, now that things finally seem to be calming down around here again. I'm not sure what order they'll show up in, but that's the current plan.

Loving your site~ Can't wait to see what awesome thing you add next!! smile.gif

Ok, I've decided to expand the freeze tracker first, since the basic format is already there anyhow. Hopefully that means it'll be finished faster, too, but we'll have to see how badly I screw up the new sections. tongue.gif

A few questions, though:

* Should there be a tracker for Splash? Or is that overkill, since it already resets every 24 hours, and is only used for an extra badge, rather than anything potentially game-changing?

* When cooldown is over, would you still like to see when the action was last used? Or do you only want to know that it's now available again, and don't care about previous dates?

* Should the breeding part show which gender the dragon is? Or is it enough to have a link to the dragon so you can check, in case you forgot?

<Edit>

* Also, would you like to see what dragons you have tried pairing together? Would you like to see the outcome? Or are refusals the only ones that matter, so no need to list dragons that haven't refused?

(For reference, I don't see myself ever using the breeding part of the tracker, since I have my own chart already. But I would like to make it something useful, so I need some opinions to know what the rest of you care about!)

</Edit>

And only slightly related:

* For the menu, do you prefer the current clickable [+] to show submenus, or would you rather the submenus pop up as soon as you hover over the main item, instead? The [+] offers more control, but requires JavaScript. Hovering would work even without JavaScript, but there would be no way to force it to stay open. I currently have two votes to stay with the [+], but I'd like a few more opinions, to see if that's actually the majority.

ok lemme answer that tongue.gif

tracker Splash? --> No

cooldown? --> only that its available, last use idc

gender? --> doesnt matter much, link is enough i think

mating? --> only the ones that refused would be nice, rest u check ur DC scroll if u wanna know

menu? --> [+] is ok for me wink.gif

hope i helped enough biggrin.gif

Also, would you like to see what dragons you have tried pairing together?  Would you like to see the outcome?  Or are refusals the only ones that matter, so no need to list dragons that haven't refused?

I think that'd be a pretty interesting feature to have; I know I'd use it, both for refusals and non-refusals =P Tracking splashes, cooldown dates, and breeding genders are all things I'm rather neutral about, myself. I don't mind the current [+] feature either.

Thanks again for the great site, too; still my favorite hatchery to use =)

I'am on the site and cleaning a bit, but it's so funny to see so many of the halloween hatchie's xd.png the S1 and S2 are laying and sitting next to each other in rows and rows. cool.gif

Thanks for helping with the cleaning, Miryana! All the lag lately was causing the auto-cleaner serious problems, so it's great to know that others have been helping out. smile.gif

Ok, I've decided to expand the freeze tracker first, since the basic format is already there anyhow.  Hopefully that means it'll be finished faster, too, but we'll have to see how badly I screw up the new sections. tongue.gif

Well, screw-up-fest happened, rather faster and more thoroughly than I had ever expected, but I seem to be making progress again by now. So that's a good thing! I'm debating including a Splash tracker anyhow, just for completeness, but I haven't really decided yet. Regardless, it'll require no work at all to switch it on or off, so that's a minor thing.

I'm also planning to leave the breeding tracker out for now. There are still too many questions about how it should work, and every one of those options is more complicated than the other actions, so it'll be easier/faster to get the rest online for use first, then go back and work on the breeding part after.

The questions:

* Do you want to see the gender of the adult you're tracking? So far, I have one vote sure, one vote don't bother, and one vote neutral. That's not much to go on.

* Do you want to see only a list of which mates refused? Or a list of refusals, plus the current mate and the result of their latest breeding attempt? Or do you want a list of all mates?

* If you want a list of all mates, how should the result be shown?

-- A: Only the most recent outcome with each mate?

-- B: Save all results, giving you a running list of each recorded breeding attempt?

-- C: Or with a sliding scale where you work up to having an egg eventually? Ex: Attempt 1, you get no interest, so that result is saved. Attempt 2, they breed, but don't produce an egg. That is closer to an egg than no interest, so it overwrites the previous result. Attempt 3, they again show no interest, but since they bred once, this latest result is ignored in favor of Attempt 2's result. Attempt 4, they finally breed an egg, so that result is saved, and from now on, that's what those two dragons will show, since it has happened at least once.

-- D: Some other way entirely? If you have other ideas/preferences, let me know that as well, and maybe I'll be able to work them into one ideal solution.

* Is there anything else a breeding tracker should have?

And on a completely unrelated topic, time for some more...

Site Stats!

* During Halloween, AoND was getting as much traffic as the Jaemeia ER -- lots of views and UVs for all out dragons!

Record-Setting Stats (based on what I've seen, rather than any special record-tracking)

* Highest number of dragons on the site: 6,982 (We almost made 7,000!)

* Highest number of scrolls on the site: 1,857

* Most users online at once: 49

* Most unique visitors (aka IPs for a UV) in a day: 1,137 (Potentially more, since this number isn't perfect.)

* Highest topsite rankings:

-- Jaemeia's Top Sites List: 2

-- PPN Top 50's List: 32

Average Usage Stats

* Dragons on the site: 5,000-6,000 (And still rising!)

* Scrolls on the site: 1,600 (Far more variable, and also still rising.)

* Users online at once: 15-30 (Depends on the time of day)

* Unique visitors each day: 700-800 (And like the rest, still rising!)

Keep telling all your friends about AoND, adding your dragons, and making this site even more successful, and we'll soon overtake all the rest! smile.gif

*If it's tracking reds, genders are not needed.

*If it's tracking pinks, genders are nessecairy.

*If it's tracking pebbles, genders are not needed.

So basically, only for pinks would gender tracking be usefull.

I don't use a breeding tracker so no oppinions there.

Yeah, influence will definitely show gender, since that's the whole point of the BSA. I was asking those questions specifically in relation to a breeding tracker, though, since that's the part where I don't know what people will want -- especially since I don't plan on using it myself, either.

I picked up my first ER egg off the AP yesterday, 1d, 20h, 8/5/1 and dropped it in the ER. It hatched within 40 minutes. Amazing! I will be trying that a few more times before I go for a Neglected egg, but I think I've got the ND bug! laugh.gif

This place is fantastic! I'm also very addicted to sorting through the eggs and hatchlings and keeping those areas clean. Hehee! I love this site!

Just a quick update, since I've been AWOL for a while.

I'm still working on the expanded all-actions tracker. The code for that is being much more stubborn than I could possibly have imagined. I am making progress, though, and it's largely testing and bug-fixing that's left to do.

However, real life has also become rather busy lately, which is slowing everything down -- including my own DC playtime. So while I'd love to predict a Thanksgiving update, I doubt it'll happen that soon. School applications, job hunting, and family stuff have to come first.

Other than that, the daycare is growing nicely. So keep adding your dragons, spreading the word, and of course, giving views with the viewers!

@dragondrrl -- Good luck! Check out our chat as well; people there love helping with experiments.

@Dragon-ate-ME -- I noticed you also started a help thread about NDs, and there were numerous good answers there, so I'm going to leave that discussion out of this thread.

@zippy249 -- I'm glad to hear it. smile.gif The time spent cleaning means all those dragons get views, too, which is good for everyone and is what allows the site to work at all. So keep it up!

This place is reall helpful. ^^ It;s probablt saved the lives of a bunch of my dragons! Truth be told, it's my main site to hatch!