bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it. smile.gif

I have a few more updates in the works, but is there anything else people would like to see? I've been thinking about making the ER into a full hatchery, but with the number of hatcheries already available, would people like another, or would that be too much? Are there other ER-based features I'm overlooking, which could also be useful? Anything that could be improved in any way?

Another update just went out.

• A few ERs are now shown at the bottom of all pages (except NDAR, to keep lag to a minimum. I can change this easily, so if you would rather have ERs show there, too, just let me know.)
  • The multi-AR and delayed-AR boxes have been combined; 0 minutes = instantly start ARing
  • Minor behind the scenes reorganization

NOTICE: The signature buttons have moved!Please update your signatures to use the new image links!The code has been updated, both in the first post, and in the Link Us section of the NDER Help page, so you can find the new version in either place. If you could spread the word about the update, too, that would be fantastic.

I will keep the old images online for a while, to give you time to update, but I do plan to delete them eventually, because they are just space-filling duplicates. So please update soon, so you don't get a broken image in your signature.

Also, if you have any thoughts on the questions in my previous post, I would love to hear them. smile.gif

Posted on Jul 7 2010, 05:23 PM (EST):

Small bump to accompany another small update -- added a note to the breeding chart that you can also upload it to Google Docs if you can't use Excel.

Edited by bbik

The automated AR is fantastic smile.gif

You just set the time of unfogging, and you open a couple of AR's!! Fabulous work Bbik!

Final reminder!

For those who didn't see it the first few times, please check my previous post (two posts up) for details about the sig banner relocation. Several have already updated their sigs (Thanks!), but many more still need to, so please take a moment and make that tiny change!

A notice has also been added to the main site, this time. If you see someone who is still using the old link, please point them to the new one.

Edit:

Also, I have decided to add a hatchery section to the site. So, if there is anything specific you would like to see (or would not like to see), now's the time to ask!

Edited by bbik

Final reminder!

For those who didn't see it the first few times, please check my previous post (two posts up) for details about the sig banner relocation. Several have already updated their sigs (Thanks!), but many more still need to, so please take a moment and make that tiny change!

A notice has also been added to the main site, this time. If you see someone who is still using the old link, please point them to the new one.

Edit:

Also, I have decided to add a hatchery section to the site. So, if there is anything specific you would like to see (or would not like to see), now's the time to ask!

I look forward to the hatchery. If possible, could you have the little "x" that allows us to remove adults etc from the hatchery when you create it?

Definitely, ruby. I also plan to add that (or some form of manual removal anyhow) to the ER. I've just been feeling lazy lately, so the code hasn't been tested/added yet. tongue.gif

Definitely, ruby.  I also plan to add that (or some form of manual removal anyhow) to the ER.  I've just been feeling lazy lately, so the code hasn't been tested/added yet. tongue.gif

Thank you. That's great. I look forward to manual removal being added to the ER too.

Edited by rubyshoes

Would you guys like traded/abandoned dragons to be removed from the hatchery? Or left in, for the new owner to leave/remove as they wish?

(Keeping in mind that, if implemented, the removal most likely won't be perfect or instantaneous, but it would at least help.)

Would you guys like traded/abandoned dragons to be removed from the hatchery? Or left in, for the new owner to leave/remove as they wish?

(Keeping in mind that, if implemented, the removal most likely won't be perfect or instantaneous, but it would at least help.)

Sounds like it would be a good idea for those to be removed. smile.gif

This site looks pretty cool. :3 I'll definitely be using it when my egg is ready!

I love this ER. I use it all the time. Thanks Bbik.

Yay for happy users! smile.gif

An update:

The hatchery is coming along nicely. I'm hoping to have it online sometime in the next week or so. [edit]Assuming DC quits with this nasty lag, so I can actually test anything...[/edit] However, I'm also doing a pretty thorough overhaul of the current ER, too, so depending on how that goes, it might slow things down.

A question:

Originally, I had many requests to make ER-ing optional, and to keep ND experiments randomly mixed in with the normal ERs, so snipers couldn't find them as easily. Lately, I have also been getting some requests to have a section for extreme (less than 1 day) ERs. I could add that quite easily, but that would cause the ND experiments to stick out again.

So, which is the higher priority these days? "Hiding" ND experiments, or distinguishing extreme ERs?

Edited by bbik

I'd vote for hiding the ND experiments. smile.gif

Then how do you do it? If you use kill, or EQ, it can run just the same. And you loose it anyway. If you have someone catching for you, it's way safer if you have the egg in the regular ER.

BTW, with an extreme ER in plain sight, with only 1 or 2 eggs in it, well, that just lures out the worst in people. Many more people will be tempted to try and catch the egg if it turns, then when it is IN the normal ER, surrounded by other eggs. Because, why not refresh that egg, just in case?

I vote for no seperate ER for extreme eggs/hatchies.

Plus, it limits the confusion of seeing all those seperate hatcherie parts in the hatcherie.

Another status update, since it's been a while:

The site is coming along nicely. It's almost done, even. A few layout fixes, and final testing, and then it should be ready. The lack of lag for the last couple days was wonderful, I was finally able to make significant progress again! Barring more major DC issues (like we're having currently... mad.gif), and assuming Real Life doesn't get in the way too much (which it probably will, at least until Monday or Tuesday), it should be online soon.

As far as "hidden" or separate extreme ERs, for now, they will remain hidden. However, I am hoping to make a separate "announce your experiments" page sometime after I get the hatchery online, which should cover those of you who want your ND attempts to stand out. It'll be the best of both worlds! smile.gif

I'll also need a new banner and sig images, since the current ER-only name won't fit, so if anyone artsy is interested and willing to put up with my picky specifications, please let me know!

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to your hatchery coming on line. That's a good compromise for the neglected experiments too.

Aaaand it's here!

NDER has grown!

The site is now a full hatchery! And to fit the expansion, it has also been renamed.

Welcome to The Allure of Neglected Dragons! smile.gif

* The NDAR page still exists, for anyone who misses it -- it has been moved to Extras.

* The Daycare and ER are separate.

user posted image* You can add your dragons only to the Daycare, or only to the ER, or to both, as you wish. That way you don't have to come back to remove an ER'd dragon from the Daycare, if you only wanted the ER-time.

user posted image* This also means that Daycare dragons will not be automatically added to the ER. I firmly believe that is your choice, and your responsibility, to decide whether a dragon should be ER'd or not.

* Fogged dragons are deleted (if you fogged it, either it's sick, or you don't want views for other reasons, so no need to save it), but it may not be immediate. Deletion speed will largely depend on how fast people clean it out manually.

* The Daycare's dragon-adding table will not give your dragons views. Using the viewers after you've added the dragons will give them views (duh). That way you don't have to worry about view-bombing dragons that don't need more, or that are sick, and you can keep ratios from unnecessary inflation. Just go ahead and check on your dragons as often as you wish, and no harm will come.

There are probably more notes I'm forgetting, but the first post has been updated, so I'm hoping that covers the rest. Otherwise, enjoy, and let me know if you find anything strange/buggy!

Edit: If the layout looks weird, try a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) or clearing your cache. If it still looks weird after that, let me know.

Edit 2: Clarification of a couple points.

Edited by bbik

It looks amazing bbik! Great update!

Looks fantastic. Thanks for all the wonderful new additions. smile.gif

Thanks guys. smile.gif As always, I'm open to ideas for other features/improvements, too, so if you have any, just let me know!

Also, I'm obviously still needing an updated banner (and signature images), so if anyone is feeling creative...

Thanks guys. smile.gif As always, I'm open to ideas for other features/improvements, too, so if you have any, just let me know!

Also, I'm obviously still needing an updated banner (and signature images), so if anyone is feeling creative...

If you need banners, just PM me information about what you are looking for ant sizes and such and I can work on some for you. smile.gif

For anyone who has noticed and is curious/concerned -- yes, I'm shifting default numbers for dragons and times a bit. It seems I was a little overly ambitious about how fast the daycare would fill up. And I would hate to see your dragons get too over-viewed or sick as a result, so for now, numbers are being lowered. Once the site fills up, I'll start gradually bumping them back up again.

The number of added dragons is definitely going up, though! We've already topped 500 in the daycare, in under a day, so it's going well! Keep adding your dragons, and maybe we can be up to 1,000 by tomorrow, too! biggrin.gif

ThatDeadGirl: PMing. smile.gif

I love the new ND Site!!! biggrin.gif *gives bbik a large full bag of cookies for a job well done*