MaidMarian

Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

Just tried going to the site and keep getting this message,

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at valleysherwood.com Port 80

Is anyone else having this problem?

ETA after 4 fails and posting here, it seems to be working now. smile.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

Hi! I just found your site and am pretty excited about the Scroll-Lock Status Button! Having a problem though - I put my color values in and it always gives me the default colors.

Maybe related to the problems dragongrrl was having today? Not sure how all that works.

Yeah, it does that with dragons that would hatch/mature in 0 hours (less than 1 hour). It starts saying "already" when they are *below* 3d 23h ...

Ok, so whenever I go to this site, it never loads the first time I type in the URL. I need to refresh a bunch of times before it is able to connect and sometimes that doesn't even work. Then I add /er/ to the end of the URL because I primarily use the site for it's ER anyway, and sometimes that works, but I also might need to refresh a bunch of times as well.

Ok, so whenever I go to this site, it never loads the first time I type in the URL. I need to refresh a bunch of times before it is able to connect and sometimes that doesn't even work. Then I add /er/ to the end of the URL because I primarily use the site for it's ER anyway, and sometimes that works, but I also might need to refresh a bunch of times as well.

That's weird and must be annoying - are you using the URL from the top link?

I'm not even in the US, I use Valley Sherwood daily and don't have these problems even though a lot of my clicks didn't go through on my old puter, which recently passed away, although I don' t recall having trouble like that specifically getting to Valley Sherwood.

Of course, lag can cause that sort of thing, is it bad for you on DC when this happens - and does this happen on any other fansites?

This happens to me for a totally different, non-DC-related website, not for Valley Sherwood though. It seems to be a general routing problem, nothing to do with the site itself. I can access said website only through a webproxy (whichever google happens to spit out), although that's not a solution for said website since I'd need to beable to log in there (which is what you should never do via random webproxy).

It might be a solution for your issue with Valley Sherwood though, since you don't need to log in there.

That's weird and must be annoying - are you using the URL from the top link?

I'm not even in the US, I use Valley Sherwood daily and don't have these problems even though a lot of my clicks didn't go through on my old puter, which recently passed away, although I don' t recall having trouble like that specifically getting to Valley Sherwood.

Of course, lag can cause that sort of thing, is it bad for you on DC when this happens - and does this happen on any other fansites?

Yes, I am using the correct URL.

No, I don't really experience much lag from DC very often actually.

No, this is the only fansite.

The strange thing is though, after I posted my problem on here... the problem has completely stopped (for now). It's so weird.

Site is down for me - is it just me?

Nope, I can't get in either.

I use VS all the time. Half an hour ago it developed interesting "bold" lines between some eggs/hatchies. I can't figure out the basis for these - they look like some kind of time dividers - but if that's so, I can't work out why - in my case - there aren't two more....

user posted image

They stay where they are even if I close the page and then go back, and even when I hard refresh it.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Did you perchance zoom in or out? With CTRL+0 (zero) you would usually get back to standard zoom level, to see if the lines are still there.

edit: I see bolder lines when I use CTRL+mousewheel to zoom in by one step.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

A weird glitchy thing. Doesn't say when the next egg will hatch, although I think it should say immediately.

user posted image

Did you perchance zoom in or out? With CTRL+0 (zero) you would usually get back to standard zoom level, to see if the lines are still there.

edit: I see bolder lines when I use CTRL+mousewheel to zoom in by one step.

Wow. When I do that - the bold lines become normal - and a bunch of the the other lines vanish.

Oasis, it has always done that.

Is it possible to always put the X and the dragon in one line?

Sometimes I see a dragon and the X for it is in the next line blink.gif

I was bored and thought I would play with the scroll lock banner tool.

It says I am locked with 5 eggs and 11 hatchies. The numbers are right - but I am NOT locked - as the actual fan site agrees.... A glitch, I think.

I always use VS to see how much time I have to wait for an egg/hatchling grow~

I found it in Click Sites Wiki list, in my opinion is the best one^^

Valley Sherwood is calling everything hatchlings in the count of what you have on scroll. No biggie, but it's odd !