MaidMarian

Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

plz can some one click on this egg [: plz don't let it die!!! ohmy.gif

No egg spam please smile.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

Site is really shaky for me for the last hour - but downforeveryone says it's just me. Is it ?

Site is really shaky for me for the last hour - but downforeveryone says it's just me. Is it ?

It's working fine for me (but your post was several hours ago so hopefully it is working ok for you now).

It appears whatever automatic mechanism that would normally remove hatchlings from the ER isn't working. I have been busy removing 4+ to 6+ day hatchlings from the ER, some with over 11k views and sick. Help?

I LIKE the Auto add, fastest, simplest.

I forgat to say Thanks smile.gif

Edited by HangGa

It appears whatever automatic mechanism that would normally remove hatchlings from the ER isn't working.  I have been busy removing 4+ to 6+ day hatchlings from the ER, some with over 11k views and sick.  Help?

Better now?

Wow, it appears the site's Cron job has been throwing a tantrum at the update script for some months now. Update script loads fine in my browser, though, which is probably why I didn't catch it sooner.

Interestingly enough, the site is set up in such a way that it's not entirely dependent on having that Cron job running properly. It can stay updated automagically for the most part. (Props to younger me for writing such tidy code during the last site overhaul. Seriously, it's gorgeous code. I wish you could see it. But PHP's all behind the scenes!) So, the trouble was most likely exacerbated to noticeable levels during the Christmas traffic. Unless someone's noticed it before? I haven't heard anything till now. :-)

Thanks for posting about it, Dracaena - don't know when I would have caught it otherwise! unsure.gif

Oh, thanks HangGa! I'm glad you like it.

In fact, thanks to everyone on this entire thread! <3 You're all super awesome. Take my word for it. ^^'

Happy New Year guys. biggrin.gif

(Sorry, it might be nine minutes late in your timezone...)

Edited by MaidMarian

@MaidMarian

Color me slow, just realized you had posted. ohmy.gif The ER has been looking much better lately as I click on little ones and check their time left when making my rounds. Thank you for looking into things!

On a related note, I had previously noticed that youngsters I had fogged for the night were still in the hatchery the next morning. I shrugged it off, not sure if there had been a deliberate change on that or not (treating fogged like is done at Silvi's Lair). But I didn't pay attention to how long ago that was, I seldom have to fog anything. So that was probably the warning sign we all missed.

Thank you for running one of my favorite hatcheries! biggrin.gif

@MaidMarian

Thank you for running one of my favorite hatcheries!  biggrin.gif

Hear... hear! I thoroughly agree! smile.gif I appreciate all your work to give us what I consider to be the #1 choice in hatcheries! biggrin.gif Thanks!

On a related note, I had previously noticed that youngsters I had fogged for the night were still in the hatchery the next morning.  I shrugged it off, not sure if there had been a deliberate change on that or not (treating fogged like is done at Silvi's Lair).  But I didn't pay attention to how long ago that was,  I seldom have to fog anything.  So that was probably the warning sign we all missed.

Thank you for running one of my favorite hatcheries!  biggrin.gif

Yeah, fogged isn't getting removed like it should. I fogged my scroll last night and of the 8 I unfogged this morning only 3 had to be re-entered. The other 5 were still in the hatchery, I am assuming the 3 that were removed were likely clicked out by other players doing views.

Site is not working this morning. All I get is "Unable to connect to the database.", but all the other sites I use are working fine. Hope this is fixed soon as Valley Sherwood is the one site I use the most as I really like the way it works.

*hugs* Zylara

Seems to be working now.

Yep, I kept checking and VS was the only one. Then after a few AoND went out too. Then after a bit they both started working again. All good now. Maybe I just needed more coffee.

*hugs* Zylara

I'm glad they are both working now. smile.gif

Seems like some sorta bug:

Yesterday I added some very low time eggs, it showed me the normal thing with "added [picture] to the ER", but normally they go on the first place after a refresh, and they didn't. And it gave me the same "added" message when I tried adding them multiple times.

Tried with 5 last-3-minutes-eggs.

PSA: ER's back to not cleaning itself automatically. Probably a change to something on the Dragon Cave side of things, seems like other hatcheries' ERs aren't faring any better.

I have some issues when trying to work with the Viewer and it finally occurred to me that I could ask for some help. rolleyes.gif

1. Sometimes when I try to configure the dragons per time with the Viewer, when I hit "Start Views" it discards my settings and puts me back to the defaults. Seems to be related to trying to look at many dragons at once, somehow? For example, 300 ERs/50 dragons/10 min works, but all ERs/50 dragons/10 min results in it chucking out my settings and resetting me to 50/100/30sec.

2. Why does the X to check/remove dragons MOVE?! The display under Home has everything stationary; ditto ER, Tools, Links/Contacts. But when using the viewer under Viewer, the little X beside each dragon bounces around depending on whether you're mousing over a dragon or not. I have pretty decent click accuracy, but it's absolutely maddening to try to catch a moving target, especially one that is liable to vibrate when you mouse over the wrong spot.

Tech specs: Firefox 19, Win 7, scripts/permissions enabled (although that doesn't appear to do anything beyond permitting the window to refresh while I'm not interacting with it). Is it just me? Can anything be done? Problem #2 is especially infuriating, I'd use the site more often if it didn't happen. sad.gif

Problems aside, thanks for this hatchery! I have a soft spot for it, it's very reliable.

Hi,

I really like the site, especially the part that says "Next egg can hatch in 3h, and next hatchling can mature in 2 hours."

I have noticed that the time shown for the eggs hatchies is not working well. It is off by 1h sometimes. Didn't TJ change the 30min rounding a while ago?

Right now i have an egg that is 4d by the cave but 3d23h by sherwood.

Hi,

I really like the site, especially the part that says "Next egg can hatch in 3h, and next hatchling can mature in 2 hours."

I have noticed that the time shown for the eggs hatchies is not working well. It is off by 1h sometimes. Didn't TJ change the 30min rounding a while ago?

This has happened to me too.

I am SO glad that this site seems to have no problems!

I love the set-up and it's safe for quite young dragons, too

This is my go-to hatchery, usually the first hatchery I add anything to!

I love how it says "next egg will hatch." And I like the stats tool for individual codes, especially useful for frozen hatchlings.

It is a very safe hatchery.

Edited by missy_

PSA: ER's back to not cleaning itself automatically. Probably a change to something on the Dragon Cave side of things, seems like other hatcheries' ERs aren't faring any better.

I have some issues when trying to work with the Viewer and it finally occurred to me that I could ask for some help. rolleyes.gif

1. Sometimes when I try to configure the dragons per time with the Viewer, when I hit "Start Views" it discards my settings and puts me back to the defaults. Seems to be related to trying to look at many dragons at once, somehow? For example, 300 ERs/50 dragons/10 min works, but all ERs/50 dragons/10 min results in it chucking out my settings and resetting me to 50/100/30sec.

2. Why does the X to check/remove dragons MOVE?! The display under Home has everything stationary; ditto ER, Tools, Links/Contacts. But when using the viewer under Viewer, the little X beside each dragon bounces around depending on whether you're mousing over a dragon or not. I have pretty decent click accuracy, but it's absolutely maddening to try to catch a moving target, especially one that is liable to vibrate when you mouse over the wrong spot.

Tech specs: Firefox 19, Win 7, scripts/permissions enabled (although that doesn't appear to do anything beyond permitting the window to refresh while I'm not interacting with it). Is it just me? Can anything be done? Problem #2 is especially infuriating, I'd use the site more often if it didn't happen. sad.gif

Problems aside, thanks for this hatchery! I have a soft spot for it, it's very reliable.

I haven't had the first problem (but I rarely change the settings). The second problem happens to me, too, and it's not just your browser as I use Chrome. It discourages me from helping to keep the site clean.

Other than that I am 100% happy with Valley Sherwood; it's a great site.

Yep, I do have this slight discrepancy on the time of my eggs, although it doesn't seem to affect hatching times.

Must be when TJ changed the eggs so that they can hatch at 4 days 0 hours?

I'm glad you brought it back to the front. It is one of my main hatcheries to use.

Started using your hatcherie a few weeks ago and I like it smile.gif

A little suggestion though: ER would be much easier to clean up if eggs and hatchies were seperated. Now it's impossible to know without clicking them whether a hatchie is an ER or a just-hatched ER egg that can be removed from the ER section.