MaidMarian

Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

Thanks for the bug reports - seems I missed something in the ER coding, sorry! I can fix the ER trouble, but probably not in the next 10 minutes before the bus arrives. =P I have been traveling by bus for 3 days and this is the first time I've found wifi signal anywhere. Well I should be arriving at destination tonight sometime late, unless the hurricane interferes with things (I'm headed for the Carolinas >.<) So I'll do my best to get online sometime soon and fix that bug in the coding.

Syphoneira, about the dragons jumping around, I'm not sure what's the cause of that as I can't get it to happen in my browsers. Do you know which version of Internet Explorer you're using (assuming it is IE)? Also, does it happen on just the main page, the views page, or both? Since they have slightly different coding, if I remember right - can't get on to check right now.

I need to pack up and get on the bus now ^^ Be on later.

Just saw this - hope everything's OK?

Too bad that you had to head into the Carolinas at a time like this, and I'm guessing that Internet may be down where you are?

(On a lesser note, it occurred on the Viewer page, is not nearly as bad now, and while using FF.)

Edit: the Typo Queen expands into 'that wasn't the word I wanted!' territory - everyone should have a hobby...

Edited by Syphoneira

I deleted my last post so as not to triple-post, but now there's a new post that won't be a problem haha. But basically , I've a) fixed whatever problems the site was having, and cool.gif released most of the site's new version. So nearly everything is updated except for the tools, which I am still working on and which may not happen right away [college!].

"Release notes" which I just added to the OP.

Aug 19 2011: Released most of the new version of the site. New features include:

- An option to switch off the auto-add feature (the one that normally adds every dragon on the submitted scroll).

- Several changes to the info that is shown while viewing young dragons and choosing which to add/remove:

* Gender column added

* In site/out of site message is now displayed as a checkmark or X

* Lineage column added with a link to the lineage page, or "CB" if the dragon is caveborn.

- Viewer options now work without Javascript.

- Clicks now open in a new tab, because of the bug/framebreaker which would take you away from the fansite when clicking and would not let you return. Clicking more than one dragon on the same page should cause subsequent clicks to open in the same tab as the first click, however.

- Clicking the X next to a dragon in the viewer will run an update on it; it will be deleted if it's adult or dead, moved from the ER to the regular hatchery if it's a new hatchling, etc.

- Links page updated, finally! Sorry about that - it was so old, it still had Dragonnery and not AoND!

So there we go. I'm having a lot of fun using the new viewer for some reason. biggrin.gif

Oh! There are still a LOT of 2-day and 3-day ERs in the emergency section - probably because of the site's downtime. I can't hatch them all out myself, although I've been trying xP, so if anyone wants to drop by and help view/click any ERs that'd be great.

And as always, let me know if you've run across any bugs or other problems I may have missed. Thanks! You all are awesome!

ETA: To everyone that has been helping with views/clicks on the site today, thanks so much! You've really helped a lot! The ER section is looking great - much cleaner and more its usual size. <3

I love all the updates. Thank you. smile.gif

How come I am still getting the tabs on this site like we did with all the other sites? I click up pops a scroll page. unsure.gif

Just wondering how MaidMarian's doing, since she hasn't posted here for some time?

Busy with college, no doubt, but it would be nice to know if she's doing well, if anyone does?

Edit: just noticed my posts: 3,666, coming up for Halloween, lol.

Re-edit: now just noticed that they're at 3766, lol, only still haven't heard anything about how MaidMarian is doing, not-lol at all...

Edited by Syphoneira

I love your site, don't get me wrong, but it bugs the heck out of me when I try to click the 'x' on a fogged/dead hatchling or egg and the line 'quivers' and I click on the fogged/dead entry instead and a more than a few times I've said under my breath that classic line, "Stand still Laddie!".

The timer seems goobered a bit as well - the five minute option (I was using the option to load quite a bit of dragons) didn't last the entire 5 minutes.

The valleysherwood site seems to have fallen over today - anyone else ? sad.gif It is my go to hatchery.... The home page comes up - but then it just hangs when you try to add a scroll...

ETA mad.gif Oh RIGHT..... It WOULD settle down as soon as I post... Disregard that!

Edited by fuzzbucket

Site can't connect to the hatchery Viewing page?

Oh, dear...

There is no problems for me, I have been there several times today and also right now! Try again.. good luck! smile.gif

Thanks, Izabelle-89!

I was able to get in eventually, not sure what happened there.

Just wanted to post Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Still haven't heard from/about MaidMarian, though - has anyone?

Edit: The Typo Queen works hard at maintaining her title, even on Christmas Day!

Edited by Syphoneira

MaidMarian is usually not available during her time at College/University - they blocked DC (this is according to previous posts she has made).

MaidMarian is usually not available during her time at College/University - they blocked DC (this is according to previous posts she has made).

Thanks, rubyshoes!

I hope she didn't miss out on Christmas dragons...

The valleysherwood site seems to have fallen over today - anyone else ? sad.gif It is my go to hatchery.... It just gets me a cannot load page.

This is the second time it has fallen over for me and - last time at least - someone else too - and downforeveryone says its just me - but everything ELSE is working fine, so...

It's working fine for me.

Lucky you sad.gif Still dead to me.

Well at least it is likely OK for grandson, then - it is the only site he uses...