MaidMarian

Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

Looks cool

I added my dragons :3

I've made some changes to the ER section. The script that checks it for non-ERs now uses the days-left data displayed on each dragon's page, so the API bug that's been adding days no longer affects anything in the ER section. The script that checks the hatchery for ERs still uses the API, but once something is in the ER, its real time is used. So if you use this page to add a dragon under 4 days to the ER section, it will stay in that section till it's no longer an ER. Also, adult/dead dragons are no longer displayed in the ER (this has been implemented on every page except views...I'll update the viewers later today).

I'll update the first post with this soon as I have time ^^'

Thanks to all for the great feedback! <3 It really means a lot (plus, knowing that people use and like the site inspires me to keep doing the maintenance to keep it running smoothly).

And thanks bbik, you've come up with some excellent suggestions. I'll look into it and see what I can do. ^^

Sorry, I've been busier this weekend than I planned (where is all that free time I was expecting??) so I haven't finished fixing/updating things I've been working on...yet. I will get to everything asap, though, so don't worry ^_^

In the meantime, try this out. http://valleysherwood.com/image2.php

It looks something like this: (and you can set your own background color.)

user posted image

I don't know if this is related to your Jun 3rd post (and perhaps is something you are aware of but haven't gotten around to fixing), but my BBW, SU4f, is listed as 5 days 1 hour although my scroll says 4 days 1 hour.

Since getting fed up with one of the other sites I used to use, I'm trying to find a new one to put my babies in. I really like this site. The info shown when adding eggs/hatchies is very helpful, and the site is simple and nicely laid out. This one will definitely be going into my site list.

@Mala: That would be due to the API glitch that sometimes adds a day to eggs and hatchlings. There's nothing anyone can do about it until TJ fixes it.

-----

EDIT: Hopefully this will be seen since I first posted several days ago.

I have a couple of suggestions concerning the adding of eggs. Right now the default is to have all eggs and hatchlings automatically checked, and the message they show before being added for the first time says "CODE is now in the hatchery". When you actually submit them, it changes to something like "CODE is in the nursery". This is a little confusing.

Maybe you could change it so the default is to have all eggs/hatchlings unchecked if they aren't already in the site, and then change the message to "CODE is not in the hatchery"? That would make it a little more clear I think.

Edited by Ryukotsusei

I love this site, and I agree about the soothing colour. Thank you biggrin.gif

Wonderful site. I'm sure I'll be using it a lot in the future. Thanks for creating it. smile.gif

I just found this site. It looks very nice and I am going to use it for one of my eggs to start and see how it compares to the other sites I use.

Something seems to be a bit off after you add dragons. Submitting the scroll name works fine. Updating the listed dragons works fine. But once they're updated, the checkboxes still show, and the "select all" link shows, but everything after that gets cut off -- so you can't update again without first resubmitting the entire scroll, even though the scroll is already being displayed.

great job on it its really helping hatch my eggs quickly biggrin.gif

Your ER popup viewer doesn't seem to be removing non-ER dragons. It looks fine on the main site, but when I clicked the popup viewer, it was filled with a lot of dead eggs/hatchlings and an adult. Some of them had died as long ago as July 5th.

Please visit my eggs. I'd appreciate it.

Asking for views for your eggs on this site is considered spam. These fansites are posted here so that you can go to them and post your eggs to get clicks!

Something you should know, whoever's in charge:

For the last day or so both my housemate and I have been getting the following strange message, every time we've tried to add an egg to the ER:

"Message: <egg> is not growing."

Now there's nothing wrong with the eggs. They're normal low-time eggs, and every other ER around is accepting them. So the code's doing something wonky when it comes to them, and I thought you should know about it, because some players might be relying exclusively on your site.

For the last day or so both my housemate and I have been getting the following strange message, every time we've tried to add an egg to the ER:

Now there's nothing wrong with the eggs. They're normal low-time eggs, and every other ER around is accepting them. So the code's doing something wonky when it comes to them, and I thought you should know about it, because some players might be relying exclusively on your site.

I've also been having this issue. It doesn't matter age of the egg or hatchie either. I've gotten it whether the time left was 3 D 14 H or whether it has 5 hours left.

Just came to ask the same question! What does that mean?

Same thing is happening for me.

Same thing is happening for me.

Yep, I've been getting those too. Fortunately, my eggs are fine, but I would like to know what that strange message is supposed to mean.

Same here

I can add to the ER if I enter my scroll name and only check the ER egg/hatchling.. but the ER add page won't accept anything.