undertow

Removing Time for AP Eggs

I would like this as long as it worked like this:

7-5 days remaining: Lose a day

4-3 days: No change

2-0 days: Gain a day

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

On the one hand, this suggestion sure would help clear the AP, but I'm not sure TJ would go for it. I have this hazy memory of him opposing AP eggs losing time faster because he didn't want us to be able to raise dragons too quickly.

One idea is that AP eggs that lost a day cannot be incubated on top of that, sure. However, wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of incubate or be just the same as no time removed + incubate - if you have enough reds, that is?

Another idea would be that AP eggs can be incubated, but that it would only take half a day off their timer.

Also, please don't make eggs go below 4 days left with that method, because it's totally superfluous and might result in more dead eggs if they're already very low on time.

I can't say I'm so keen on this idea - I wonder how many people would attempt to bounce eggs through the AP to make them lose time?

I think I'd like to just see an implementation of the 'stop AP eggs gaining a day' suggestion before this one - to see if that alone helps clear the blockers out.

I can't say I'm so keen on this idea - I wonder how many people would attempt to bounce eggs through the AP to make them lose time?

I think I'd like to just see an implementation of the 'stop AP eggs gaining a day' suggestion before this one - to see if that alone helps clear the blockers out.

If they were valuable eggs, probably no one. wink.gif

And incubate would still be useful for eggs you bred and kept or CBs you caught and kept.

I'm not really sure about this idea. I've felt the same way about the rule: You pick up an egg from the AP, but if you drop it, you can't pick it up again until someone else picks it up and drops it. Always thought the egg being dropped and one day was added is just one of those things that always were. blink.gif

If the main concern behind this suggestion is to clear the AP...well, the AP clears pretty quickly. However, I think this idea is appealing only because it raises dragons quicker. People do pick up 7 day eggs eventually, despite them being common or not. This idea is pretty close to double incubation; almost instant-hatchie (say, incubate + -1 day from AP), and I do believe such ideas have been frowned upon and closed in the past.

Edit: Some things had already been mentioned in other words earlier. Sorry about that.

Also, I've always thought that it gains 24 hours (but does not go above 7 days) regardless when its dropped....so doesn't that mean if you dropped it at 7 days, it won't gain time if you dropped it again later?

Edited by Xythus

I can imagine an abuse of the system... Friends trading eggs multiple times so that they can cut down on time to hatching.

Sounds nice, though.

On top of that, 5 day egg, INCUBATE!! not its at 4 days, wait an hour, and boob! ER and hatchable! Able to be abused to much. Although a nice start on loosing time, atleast.

I thought TJ made this impossible after Teleport was enabled?

And if it's an egg that can safely be bounced back and forth over the AP without being sniped, it's probably not very valuable anyway. I don't see a huge issue in making non-valuable eggs easier to hatch. So what if someone raises an army of X breed that only 10% of site users collect? There will still probably be enough to go around.

I thought TJ made this impossible after Teleport was enabled?

And if it's an egg that can safely be bounced back and forth over the AP without being sniped, it's probably not very valuable anyway. I don't see a huge issue in making non-valuable eggs easier to hatch. So what if someone raises an army of X breed that only 10% of site users collect? There will still probably be enough to go around.

I agree, Imagine some one trying to bounce a gold egg. Exactly.

I was just coming here to suggest this!

I'm torn between "they just don't get any added time" (time loss in real-time, so eggs caught in the AP and held for the required 5 hours before abandonment would have 6d 19h in the AP) and a more 'alluring' version, sort of like the current time-adding that happens now (any egg abandoned within 24 hours of its 'birth' loses 1 day, any egg abandoned within 24:01 to 47:59 loses 2 days... etc? Much the same way that, currently, any egg abandoned within 24 hours of birth is automatically boosted to 7d remaining.)

Time loss in real-time is probably easier, but I fear it might not be enough of a time lag to really attract users to the AP, whereas the full-day loss might be, especially for users who also have Reds and can therefore subtract another day after catching it!

As a bonus, it might be a nice treat for newbies, who (I assume, since I did) do a LOT of fishing in the AP; most of them probably don't have Reds, so there would be an inclination toward an egg that's already a day down, and therefore allows them to build their scroll a little bit faster.

I definitely would like to see this in the cave.

Though I've got a trophy, I still hunt in the AP for eggs that are harder to catch in the cave. Personally, I'd rather catch a blusang from the AP a few months after it's release than a CB blusang while staying up late and swearing at the computer screen because I can't catch it. I can see where this would make hunting in the AP more competitive, but maybe then it would balance it out with the biomes during new releases. Newbies who can't catch things fast could get low time eggs and experienced catchers and novices could have an easier time catching things CB.

However, if AP hunters with reds exploited the system, it would be bad. I don't think that would be fair at all.

It depends on what TJ thinks, ultimately. Perhaps more conditions would make it fairer, but also harder for TJ to implement. This is a tough one.

I completely support this idea. However, there would have to be certain restrictions. First off, there could be a limit- an abandoned egg could only have time taken off of it once, so this would prevent people from bouncing the egg and ER'ing it immediately. I have seen a few people who are worried about users with Red armies incuhatching their eggs, but that's what the total limit is for. Even if they can incuhatch a bunch of eggs, there are only so many hatchlings they can keep. Finally, to prevent already low time Dragons from dying, any Dragons with four days or less would not have time taken off.

Well, these are my ideas for this. I really hope this is implemented, it would be a great addition to the site!

/support

This would probably keep a few of us out of the cave during new releases. All those low-time eggies being dumped would be irresistible.