StarlightSpyro

Spyro the dragon series

Spyro the Dragon was my very first video game ever. I still love them SO MUCH THOUGH!!! I have all of the main series, 1-5, and most of them I played until I beat it 100% complete. I didn't like 4 and 5 near as much as the first three though. Why was Moneybags all of a sudden Arabic? O.o

Spyro was my very first game. Loved (and still love) the first one, second and up... eh. Entertaining for a bit, but not worth playing often. Loved the Legend series, especially Dawn of the Dragon (lovely song at the end, flight, gorgeous scenery)...

... then?

Then they give us this.

This is not spyro. This is some disgusting troll beast.

And I hated the extra characters from 2/3, but they were tolerable. Now, adding 30+ extras? Re-name the game, damn it, it's not Spyro. (Part of the reason I loved the Legend series is that it took the focus back to the dragons dry.gif )

^ Wow. Just wow. Why make Spyro ugly? He's supposed to be cool/cute looking. D=

Anyways, I've only played the original trilogy. They were really fun, but I never did manage to get 100% in Year of the Dragon, only the first two. I should probably get around to doing that at some point.

Edited by Tehya Faye

I have a game, and as fun as it is, I wnat to kill all the chacters because the voices are endlessly squeky and annoying

BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZOMFG I LOVE SPYRO!

I love ALL the games, like ALL OF THEM

I got Spyro 1, Spyro 2, Spyro 3, ETD, AHT, Season of Ice, Season of Fire, Shadow Legacy, ANB, TEN, and DotD!!!!!!!

By the way, Activision is an idiot, they NOT siblings, WTF is up with Spyro's new look, I love every Spyro game, and

*pants*

The Legend series of Spyro were the first ever games that I played. I saw it at wal-mart and was 'Oh my gosh, a dragon game that actually looks awesome and about dragons 100%!'. It was A New Beginning. But my I loaned it to my friend and haven't seen it since ;_;

Edit: Typo

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

I like the Original Spyro Trioligy, I never liked the New Games D:

Spyro 2 is awesome.

Dr. Paine is right... it doesn't really focus on the dragons. But that's not what I was looking for. I was looking for gameplay. And I LOVED the gameplay.

Edited by Dracoscar

I loooove the Spyro games. laugh.gif Although I can't really call myself a true fan, since I've only gotten around to playing games 1-4. I beat the first three, the fourth I never got to because the game had loading issues. It was a used from Gamestop. :b

I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about with this new Spyro design. I kinda like it. X3 But it's such a drastic change, I guess it's only natural people would come to despise it so quickly~

I played Spyro 2 when I was a kid. biggrin.gif Sadly, I never managed to beat it...

I don't care about the LoS-series. I've played Eternal Night and Dawn of the Dragon, didn't really like the gameplay. Story was okay. But I hate Cynder. She's so annoying dry.gif

Yes folks, I'm a classictard. Feel free to shoot me.

We all have a right to our opinion. But if I didn't believe that, I'd throw a fireball at your head.

And I almost forgot Spyro Orange TCC. Can't forget that one.

I got spyro 2 and 3 for the PS1 tongue.gif

Spyro: enter the dragon

Spyro: year of the dragon

Best games ever!

I also got enter the dragonfly for PS2, but it sucks dry.gif

(this is off the top of my head, if I get the titles wrong- blame not playing them in 6 or 7 years!)

I've played (not in order- at all):

Dawn of the Dragon

Eternal Night

New Beginning

Year of the Dragon

Heroes Tail

Enter the Dragonfly (I love the glitches for this one...)

Spyro The Dragon

Ripto's Rage (or Spyro2)

Season of Ice (my first corrupted so I bought a new one from Gamestop <3)

Season of Fire

Attack of the Rhynocs

Spyro Orange

~~~~~~~

I will NOT buy this new ugly spryo thing these crazy people gave us... Skylanders I think it's called... something with Sky... *shudders* I'll play my old ones thank you.

Though I do want Shadow Legacy (which you play on your DS for someone who was asking...forgot who) it continues A Heroes Tail from what I've heard... I can't find it anywhere in any of my gamestops though sad.gif

@dragoon1234: Shadow Legacy is for Nintendo DS if you want wink.gif

Edited by Dragonhatchling

I was playing ETD at midnight once and I got the glitch where the enemies just freeze their animation and don't attack you...I freaked out.

That was worse than Silent Hill!

I love Spyro <3 And personally, I like The Legend of Spyro series better than the old ones, simply because I disliked the cutesy graphics and Spyro and Spark's silliness. I like dark and serious-type games, and TLoS series had a much more interesting and addicting storyline, in my opinion. My mom and I have played through that whole series together, and she likes the new ones better too. biggrin.gif

And ehh, the new Spyro may be seen as a gary-stu, but the way I see it, he IS the 'purple dragon' he is supposed to be special and have insane powers, right?

Spyro was my very first game. Loved (and still love) the first one, second and up... eh. Entertaining for a bit, but not worth playing often. Loved the Legend series, especially Dawn of the Dragon (lovely song at the end, flight, gorgeous scenery)...  ... then? 

Then they give us this. 

This is not spyro. This is some disgusting troll beast. 

And I hated the extra characters from 2/3, but they were tolerable. Now, adding 30+ extras? Re-name the game, damn it, it's not Spyro. (Part of the reason I loved the Legend series is that it took the focus back to the dragons dry.gif )

That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Thats just sad..... Well, at least the last Spyro games ended on a high note for me. If they are turning him into THAT, I am certainly not playing anymore.

Edited by Dracowolfie

WHO CALLED HIM THAT? WHO?! I'LL KILL THEM!!!!!!

Grrr....

But, anyway, yes he's supposed to have the powers, I mean he's born once every ten generations...not that long in actuality, but a good hundred-odd years.

I like both series, but I agree, I prefer LoS. Classic Spyro is for those 'puzzle/adventure' games, and LoS is better from more action-y gameplay and a better storyline.

I love Spyro <3 And personally, I like The Legend of Spyro series better than the old ones, simply because I disliked the cutesy graphics and Spyro and Spark's silliness. I like dark and serious-type games, and TLoS series had a much more interesting and addicting storyline, in my opinion. My mom and I have played through that whole series together, and she likes the new ones better too. biggrin.gif

And ehh, the new Spyro may be seen as a gary-stu, but the way I see it, he IS the 'purple dragon' he is supposed to be special and have insane powers, right?

Yep.

It does grate me a bit when people flip out over the main character being somewhat special... while it's not an airtight defense, and it is very easy to screw up, a main character should have something special about them. Why would we just want to focus on some perfectly ordinary, entirely uninteresting character? Even most cases that have an 'everyman', they're thrust into extraordinary circumstances and must adapt, and thereby become special.

Spyro was handled pretty well- there were documented cases before him, and he wasn't all that special- he was just capable of harnessing more elements than most dragons. Quite honestly, if Spyro's a Stu in the Legend series, then we should completely denounce Aang from ATLA as a Stu.

I've played all of teh Spyro games and all I can say about this new one that comes out this September is that I don't like Spyro's new appearance. And yes, I know the game's directed at kids but I adored Spyro back when he was on the PS1! Those were the good ole' days!

Skylanders? That-ha-that's not Spyro. EVERY Spyro fan I know and have seen is complaining about Skylanders. I mean, some people don't like LoS, and that's okay. They might just like Classic. And maybe some people don't like Classic because it seems too young, and like LoS better.

But this...this MUMMIFIED PLUM that they're coming out with is just a MONSTROSITY. It's NOT Spyro. It's rubbish.

I completely agree. The Spyro I knew wasn't a foot tall and could jump whenever he wanted. Skylanders, you can only jump on the DS version. That's what really ticked me off. I couldn't believe what i was reading when I heard that.

I LOVE Spyro. Twas the very first game I had ever played. Could never get over such a classic. <3

Skylanders is cute and i'll get it but it definitely not be the same.

I bought, played and loved the first two games. I tried a demo for the third but couldn't get into it. I haven't touched the series since.